test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Pack Horse Mount !

cerek2cerek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is only of blue quality and is listed as lightly armored in the description.

It is rank 3 though.

Let it begin !
Post edited by cerek2 on

Comments

• Options
    elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what does rank on mount mean? Haven't one on BW4 :)
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    So, its still as fast as the fastest mount (Rank 3) but its only blue rarity? I can deal with that.

Let the super special mounts with the cool skins be "purple" as long as I have function I'm happy.
  • Options
    redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    elenoe8 wrote: »
    what does rank on mount mean? Haven't one on BW4 :)

Rarity/tier determines top speed and how many hits it takes to forcibly dismount you
  • Options
    cerek2cerek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    IMO, as long as the horse mount looks like it does in the Guardian Pack illustration and is indeed Rank 3, all is forgiven, but if it doesn't !! ohh boyy ohh boyy !!!
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    So, its still as fast as the fastest mount (Rank 3) but its only blue rarity? I can deal with that.

Let the super special mounts with the cool skins be "purple" as long as I have function I'm happy.

Ditto that sentiment for me as well!
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    what happens if you purple it, does it get painted red and go faster?
    WAAAAAGH!

Seriously tho, anyone decide to find out?
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can we get a confirmation that the Guardian mount is not top tier armor, and that its working as intended?

How much is it to get to T3 armor in ADs?

Having access to a top a tier mount on all my chars was one of my biggest draws for this pack (can't participate in early access much), but if I'm gonna have to spend most/all my ADs to upgrade 3 mounts it becomes a bit of a deal breaker for me, I'd rather spend the money on zen, and chose my own mount.

FWIW the extended FAQ seem to indicate that it should be T3 full speed, same as Spider.

What Ranks are the Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount from the Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter Founder's Packs, and can those ranks be increased through training?

The Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount are both Rank 3, at max speed, and do not need to be trained.
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It has been stated by Devs that the Guardian pack Armoured Horse is Rank 3 (Purple), do you have a screen showing it is blue?
    cerek2 wrote: »
    Is only of blue quality and is listed as lightly armored in the description.

It is rank 3 though.

Let it begin !
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    kaerthus wrote: »
    Can we get a confirmation that the Guardian mount is not top tier armor, and that its working as intended?

How much is it to get to T3 armor in ADs?

Having access to a top a tier mount on all my chars was one of my biggest draws for this pack (can't participate in early access much), but if I'm gonna have to spend most/all my ADs to upgrade 3 mounts it becomes a bit of a deal breaker for me, I'd rather spend the money on zen, and chose my own mount.

FWIW the extended FAQ seem to indicate that it should be T3 full speed, same as Spider.

What Ranks are the Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount from the Hero of the North and Guardian of Neverwinter Founder's Packs, and can those ranks be increased through training?

The Unique Armored Spider Mount and Unique Armored Horse Mount are both Rank 3, at max speed, and do not need to be trained.

Posting links to screenshots of the two mounts, as I have both founder's packs:
    NWOHorse_zpsc23f495c.png
    NWOSpider_zpsd7342a99.png

They are effectively identical, except the spider is purple...and a spider.

Related question - is there a native screenshot command for NWO? I did the screenshots manually, and I don't intend to do that every time.
  • Options
    fckirbzfckirbz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hopefully its just a bug?
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then because it has been stated numerous times by the Devs that it was the same as the spider mount, Rank 3 Purple.
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    Well that is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then because it has been stated numerous times by the Devs that it was the same as the spider mount, Rank 3 Purple.

As seen in my screenshots, they're identical except the border around them.

Edit: unless, of course, some special non-listed property makes a difference - but I doubt it.
  • Options
    ebonsonebonson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is rank 3, it's ability is exactly the same as the spider. I don't see what the problem is.... just because the color of the name is different?
  • Options
    kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    My understanding that is rank determines its speed where as color quality determines its sturdiness or ability to not be dismounted.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    But are you sure that there is not some underlying difference between Purple/Blue?
    ebonson wrote: »
    It is rank 3, it's ability is exactly the same as the spider. I don't see what the problem is.... just because the color of the name is different?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kaelon79 wrote: »
    My understanding that is rank determines its speed where as color quality determines its sturdiness or ability to not be dismounted.

Not true, according to the description.
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not true, according to the description.

Thank you for the screenshots. Seems like they're the same.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Notice the horse is Medium and the spider is Heavy. Seems to me that there would be a difference in the amount of damage that can be taken before dismount.
  • Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    um, its as fast who cares if its purple or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If it doesn't take as much damage to get dismounted due to Blue/Purple, Medium/Heavy you will notice it if riding through mobs.
    um, its as fast who cares if its purple or not.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Except according to the descriptions, they take the same amount of damage to dismount you (15% of your health in one hit, or getting hit 5 times in 5 seconds).
  • Options
    bookwyrmmbookwyrmm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited April 2013
    If it doesn't take as much damage to get dismounted due to Blue/Purple, Medium/Heavy you will notice it if riding through mobs.

But we can see from the text in those shots that it is exactly the same dismount percentages, so yes, they are identical in stats and different only in rarity.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Still would like a Dev reply, because if the colour/armour type/name is wrong then the description could also be wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Also are the Zen store mounts still 120% as they were in BW4, as I thought the founder pack mounts were supposed to be equivalent to the Zen store mounts?
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The founder mounts should be as fast as the fatest store bought mounts. They should also be "rare" purple mounts like it was advertised.

I don't care if the description claim they are the same in speed and damage taken before dismount, one is "supposedly rarer" than the other. It shouldn't be.

Fix it to what you advertised it as Cryptic, which is the same as the spider except a different animal, one a spider the other a horse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't understand, if its the same stats, why does the tooltip color matter?
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    aurelploufaurelplouf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited April 2013
    I am glad that the stats are the same and should be!

What bothers me is how the communication is misleading.

On the Founderspack page it says "Unique Armored Horse" (therefore rare being unique?)
    But the provided in-game screenshot says "Medium Adventurer's Horse"

That is not the same! How hard is it to call the horse Medium/Heavy Armored Plated Horse??????

And the description for this NOT-so Unique Horse is horrid too:

"While less common than a typical horse, this steed is still from a fairly common breed. This one is lightly armored" - Honestly you look at the marketed founders pack page and it looks like the horse is Heavy armored not light armored. Other thing if the horse is unique, why is it a fairly common breed?

All this is cosmetic, but for those who pay for cosmetic, please do it right! I know this is vanity :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    I don't understand, if its the same stats, why does the tooltip color matter?

If the Tooltip colour is wrong how do you know the stats/description is not wrong. Considering there have been a few problems with the founder packs already.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If the Tooltip colour is wrong how do you know the stats/description is not wrong. Considering there have been a few problems with the founder packs already.

Well I really don't. I guess players could test them. But that's a good point.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Reply from ambisinisterr from this thread post #656 (not sure how to copy post to here).
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?31781-Founder-s-Pack-Report-Purchase-Issues-Here!/page66

It's a rank 3 mount. The color is only a rarity thing and was never mentioned as far as I know.

Here is the post by Zeke Sparks about it:

Quote Originally Posted by dinohedron

Hey everyone,
    Rest assured this is supposed to be a T3 mount! We are getting it fixed right now.

-Zeke
    Passed on none-the-less.