test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lack of New Classes

wraithstormwraithstorm Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Currently we have the 5 classes granted this is what Cryptic wants to start off, which I feel is very limited for a D&D mmo. But I am more interested in two-weapon fighter or the Blademaster which I saw in the tab option (Auction NPC) in the beta of some other classes. When is that class suppose to come out?
Post edited by wraithstorm on

Comments

• gtoxgtox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You'll live, I'm sure.
  • rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Blademaster is a Paragon Path for GWFs. Two-weapon fighters probably wont happen; we have Two-Weapon Rangers for that, which are currently in production. We don't know when they'll be added, but rest assured that they will. Making a video game takes time. Be patient.
    8.jpg
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It is the first day of open beta. We knew there would "only" be five classes, with two just around the corner, and more down the road. I have trouble as it is to decide what to play... :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    smart money is on archer/warlock
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • trique76trique76 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    It is the first day of open beta. We knew there would "only" be five classes, with two just around the corner, and more down the road. I have trouble as it is to decide what to play... :)

Wich others are in confirmed production, please?
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People have dug up files for a Scourge Warlock and an Archer Ranger.
  • only1hero1only1hero1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they gave us everything we wanted all at once then what is there left for future expansions?:cool:
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i still wonder will this classes we have in game atm will able to choose some other paragon path later will they ad it?since how much understand this current paragon trees grant us at will ,and daily and few encaunter ,and class skills so have more of this paths to choose might be nice at least 2-3 per class,and how much i see we will get more paths to choose since i dont see point that game wonts us to choose our paragon path and there is only 1 option when get to choose screen
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    trique76 wrote: »
    Wich others are in confirmed production, please?

We don't know, there was only talk about a 6th and a 7th that are in the works, and data mining yielded evidence for a ranger and a warlock. So those are the best guesses.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • technophebatechnopheba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh I do hope it's Warlock :D
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think your math is off...
    I count 5 classes with 3 trees

That makes 15 total class options...

Now why there are 2x fighter options I am not sure.
    I assume we will see doubles of the other base classes soon.
    Warlock - Wizard
    Druid - Cleric
    Ranger - Rogue

I personally would love to see Psion... I mean all these other classes have been done 100x over in every hi-fantasy MMO created. Same thing every single time.

Now Psion... I have yet to see and has been part of D&D for a very long time... I hope the developers are brave enough to break the 15+ year MMO mold when it comes to classes and stay true to D&D.
  • booradleyshousebooradleyshouse Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far, it looks like they have been sticking with the first 4e players handbook classes and raes (except Drow). I hope that isn't something they are pushing to do. I love the primal classes like Druid, Warden, and Shaman. I'm guessing they can't go too long without a druid, but I fear shaman and warden won't be on the table.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    Warlock - Wizard
    Druid - Cleric
    Ranger - Rogue

Whilst I'm not arguing that Druid and Ranger will play similar to Cleric and Rogue (Warlock is a striker, Wizard a controller in the 4e handbooks), I think it's more likely that they'll be base classes of their own rather than subclasses like Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter.

Its more than likely that we'll see all the class templates from the Players Handbooks show up giving us another 11 if they stick to PHB 1, 27 if they use both PHB 1 and 2, 39 for PHB 1, 2 and 3, and an additional 3 if they go for the Forgotten Realms Players Guide.

So yeah, a potential 42 new classes without taking hybrid classes into account, I can live with 5 classes in Open Beta with that potential.
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cihuacoatl wrote: »
    I think your math is off...
    I count 5 classes with 3 trees

That makes 15 total class options...

Now why there are 2x fighter options I am not sure.
    Warlock - Wizard
    Druid - Cleric
    Ranger - Rogue

I personally would love to see Psion... I mean all these other classes have been done 100x over in every hi-fantasy MMO created. Same thing every single time.

Now Psion... I have yet to see and has been part of D&D for a very long time... I hope the developers are brave enough to break the 15+ year MMO mold when it comes to classes and stay true to D&D.

They had a Psion class in a game call Allods online. IMO the game was absolutely terrible but the Psion class was actually really fun and well done. Everything else about it was awful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having only 5 classes at launch isn't all bad. It helps to keep my alt-itis in check;). This way, I might actually get one character to max level before any new classes are released (unlike in CO, which took me about 9 months plus about 115 new characters before my first max level toon:cool: )

Update: Between ranger and warlock, I'd like to see the warlock released first :p
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    they could have used rather barbarian or warlord instead of gwf which probably would have yielded a bit more differentiation
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Oh I do hope it's Warlock :D

Screw that. We already have a caster. I hope it's the archer.
  • gtoxgtox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    They had a Psion class in a game call Allods online. IMO the game was absolutely terrible but the Psion class was actually really fun and well done. Everything else about it was awful.

It is probably not wise for any company to emulate something that people consider to be "awful".
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Currently we have the 5 classes granted this is what Cryptic wants to start off, which I feel is very limited for a D&D mmo. But I am more interested in two-weapon fighter or the Blademaster which I saw in the tab option (Auction NPC) in the beta of some other classes. When is that class suppose to come out?

i hope you folks have played sto

new classes will cost you 15 to 25 dollars in zen as they introduce them. each. just an FYI. and they are ilkely to introduce EVERY class that has ever appeared in a D&D property.

they can still introduce evil races as playable. illithid psionicists anyone? (real) drow clerics? (can only be female of course). ogre shaman? only 25 dollars each!!
  • mostoastymostoasty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ranger, Paladin, Monk, Sorc, Warlock plz
  • kileragentkileragent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You think they will release new class along with obt on april 30?
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really love Necromancers, being a funeral director.
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bar, Bar, Bar... Barbarian!
  • akwartz01akwartz01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bar, Bar, Bar... Barbarian!

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for the Barbarian since what they've known for in D&D (rage, damage reduction, fast battle movement and large life but no access to the best armor) has pretty much been given to the Great Weapon Fighter.
  • trayaltrayal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    People have dug up files for a Scourge Warlock and an Archer Ranger.

Edit: Disregard, some sites that spoke about this when the posts are live are saying Archer ranger, and some are saying dual. If I could search the archives I would verify, but as I cannot, and can't be sure as different info is around the net, my statement isn't as sure as I originally thought.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    i hope you folks have played sto

new classes will cost you 15 to 25 dollars in zen as they introduce them. each. just an FYI. and they are ilkely to introduce EVERY class that has ever appeared in a D&D property.

they can still introduce evil races as playable. illithid psionicists anyone? (real) drow clerics? (can only be female of course). ogre shaman? only 25 dollars each!!

Yeah um, you do know that Jack Emmert, the lead dev and the CEO of Cryptic was quoted in an interview a month or two ago saying that classes would be free content right?
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    5 classes is more than enough , glhf.
  • metsurometsuro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    5 classes is more than enough , glhf.

Not when the staple of mmos the ranger wasn't included in that 5.
  • bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    akwartz01 wrote: »
    Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath for the Barbarian since what they've known for in D&D (rage, damage reduction, fast battle movement and large life but no access to the best armor) has pretty much been given to the Great Weapon Fighter.

And look how that has turned out.

The Barbarian is similar true, but is a true 2-handed striker class, so you never know.

You could argue that the TR has the dual wield melee class covered, but I would put money on a dual wielding ranger down the road.

At this moment in time, there is plenty of room for more classes, similar or not.
  • ronbo68ronbo68 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    trayal wrote: »
    Edit: Disregard, some sites that spoke about this when the posts are live are saying Archer ranger, and some are saying dual. If I could search the archives I would verify, but as I cannot, and can't be sure as different info is around the net, my statement isn't as sure as I originally thought.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?59811-Some-Neverwinter-Datamined-Info-(Race-Class-Art-and-Text)

lemonkingi was the individual who posted some things they found a while back. :)