test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Store updates

aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm creating this thread to give people who aren't in yet updates on the zen store. I wont make a comprehensive list right now because, well, I want to play the game. Use this thread to post any info you like about the zen store or to discuss it.

First off - Ioun stones are gone. Profession asset packs are now 1600 zen. Greater stones of health are still in and 1500 zen. Respec token price was increased to 600 zen.
Post edited by aethercharge on

Comments

• Options
    mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    character slots, bag slots?
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1600 for a Prof pack! Yeow! Man I hope they bumped the contents to justify the over doubling in price.
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Kobold companion back?
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    No Ioun Stone!

Nooooooooooo....

Guess I don't need any Zen, that was the only purchase I was planning on.
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The only companions in the store are Honey badger (3500), Wolf (1500), Skyblade Kobold (2000), Hawk (1500) Galeb Duhr (3000), and Acolyte of Kelemvor (2000). Bags are 24 slot (1000) and 12 slot (600 zen). Character slots are 500 zen for 2.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for taking the time to post some tidbits for the lingering masses!
  • Options
    orsalakorsalak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definitely appreciate the info!
  • Options
    kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    So no price decreases yet.

Removed the Ioun Stone... guess that is to make it fair with the cat not being as accessible. Check the companion merchant vendor in town and see what they put there I would suggest.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kaelon79 wrote: »
    So no price decreases yet.

Removed the Ioun Stone... guess that is to make it fair with the cat not being as accessible. Check the companion merchant vendor in town and see what they put there I would suggest.

It has the cat and the Ioun stone of might among the other normal ones
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So they are using those(cat and ioun) as AD sinks it seems.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Why do I get the feeling they bumped the Profession Asset pack up due to people buying lots of them in BWs? I bought like 7 of them just to see what the rare chances were. I will not be buying 7 in OB lol. Hope they don't think the demand is higher than it actually is.
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sirgleno wrote: »
    No Ioun Stone!

Nooooooooooo....

Guess I don't need any Zen, that was the only purchase I was planning on.

Yes I too went in search of the stone of ioun only to be turned away and left to hang my head in disappointment.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Companion active slots are 350 zen. Companion Idle slots are 8 for 100 zen.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    First off - Ioun stones are gone.

Wrong. You buy them for those bars now, not zen. They are on the Companion vendor if you bothered to look.
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    rh97969 wrote: »
    Kobold companion back?

Yes..67890
  • Options
    cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What speed are the Rank 3 (4000z) mounts?
    They were 120% in BW4 and the HOTN/Guardian mounts are supposed to be the same but they are 110%, so has the speed been decreased on the Zen store mounts?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Wrong. You buy them for those bars now, not zen. They are on the Companion vendor if you bothered to look.

The thread is about the zen store. I already said they are available under other means. Please read what I wrote and try not to be so hostile.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    What speed are the Rank 3 (4000z) mounts?
    They were 120% in BW4 and the HOTN/Guardian mounts are supposed to be the same but they are 110%, so has the speed been decreased on the Zen store mounts?

Rank 3 mounts are 110% speed now. Both founders mounts and the 4000z store mounts are all 110% speed.
  • Options
    zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    itdude123 wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling they bumped the Profession Asset pack up due to people buying lots of them in BWs? I bought like 7 of them just to see what the rare chances were. I will not be buying 7 in OB lol. Hope they don't think the demand is higher than it actually is.

Thats probably the case, I did the same. I spent pretty much all the 6K zen I had on them just to see what I could get from them. So maybe they thought they were to cheap since people bought tons of them. I might buy a few but the higher price makes me hesitate and wonder if its really worth it.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rh97969 wrote: »
    Kobold companion back?

yep......................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Which 110% Mounts are Available in the Z-Store?
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow ... $9 increase on the asset pack >.>

Cat is prob still on the ID scroll vendor, second tab. That's where I found it last beta.

Getting greedy on the respec, after adding another reason to need a token vs AD. (power tree)

Such laughable moves. Guess they never read any of the 3 thread discussions on Zen and what the community is willing to pay for things. Slap in the face as usual. Ah well, boycott it as much as u can ^.^
  • Options
    desadariusdesadarius Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    Wow ... $9 increase on the asset pack >.>

Cat is prob still on the ID scroll vendor, second tab. That's where I found it last beta.

Getting greedy on the respec, after adding another reason to need a token vs AD. (power tree)

Such laughable moves. Guess they never read any of the 3 thread discussions on Zen and what the community is willing to pay for things. Slap in the face as usual. Ah well, boycott it as much as u can ^.^

The only way prices will go down is if the community does not pay for high priced items. The problem is, many of us already bought Zen during BW4 with the bonus they offered, so even if we don't spend it on high priced items, they already have our money.
  • Options
    robbsssrobbsss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excuse me?! They INCREASED the price for respec tokens? That is just plain out disgusting! So if ppl decide to try out a different spec, accidentally picked the wrong abilities or whenever they wanna respec when switching between pvp and pve ( which i assume is quite often ) they have to pay 6 dollars (euros in my case) for it?

This is one of the very few complaints i have of this game, but its a HUGE issue...
  • Options
    kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not even going to use my Zen until prices go down... If it takes a year, fine, but I'm not going to bother buying anymore and I refuse to use it on those ridiculously priced items.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    Those tokens cost $13-14 in CO, count yourself lucky.
  • Options
    valkrillvalkrill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I got like 5 bucks in Zen to use one the one thing I dont see as being overpriced.....the 2 char slots for 500 zen. Hopefully that wont go up, though I can see them jacking the price of those up right when they release new classes. Man that would be a major ****** move on their part.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    robbsss wrote: »
    Excuse me?! They INCREASED the price for respec tokens? That is just plain out disgusting! So if ppl decide to try out a different spec, accidentally picked the wrong abilities or whenever they wanna respec when switching between pvp and pve ( which i assume is quite often ) they have to pay 6 dollars (euros in my case) for it?

This is one of the very few complaints i have of this game, but its a HUGE issue...

How do you figure that you need respecs so often? The game already gives you multiple build capability for free.

You have 7 power slots. You can slot 2 At-Will, 3 Encounter, and 2 Daily powers. You learn many more powers than that. You can swap out your slotted powers with any other power you know of the appropriate type with no cost at any time. So you can already do multiple builds for PvP and PvE without a respec.

By level 30, you are required by the system to have put 2 points, or ranks, into every power available up to that point. These are the standard powers every member of the class will know. So a respec will never be necessary before level 30 since you have no power choices up to that point other than the order in which you learn the powers.

Ranking a power adds 10% base damage. It doesn't make any fundamental changes to how the power works. So you can try one out with 1 Rank. If you put a rank into something and try it out and don't like it then just don't slot it. You have more powers than you can slot anyway. You will still have plenty of points to rank your 7 slotted powers to Rank 3, your chosen class features to Rank 2 or 3, and several other powers for your alternate builds to Rank 2 or 3. Getting everything for your build(s) to Rank 3 will only really be necessary at 60, so a single respec will do that for you if you have made a build "mistake" along the way. And its only necessary if you really want to minmax or are into PvP.

In Neverwinter, you have a choice to maximize one particular build (or more likely, a couple of them) at Rank 3 everything, or choose to have more versatility by having more Rank 2 powers and fewer Rank 3 powers. No respec needed. If you want the luxury of having multiple builds with everything always at Rank 3 then that should be a costly choice.

Yes, there are some games with fewer, if any, restrictions on respecs. But the way Neverwinter works is about resource management and almost like a deck building game. You have limited powers slotted at one time but you can swap powers out without needing to respec. Bypassing that deck building aspect is possible with respecs, but it will cost you.
  • Options
    demondimdemondim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *snip*
    You have 7 power slots. You can slot 2 At-Will, 3 Encounter, and 2 Daily powers
    *snip*

Pretty sure you missed the point.
    Respec is for Heroic Points & Paragon Path.
    It might include Power Points, not sure.

Someone correct me if I am wrong and owe silverglyph an apology.
  • Options
    siskaxxsiskaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is the Bear and Pig for sale?