test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open Beta Is Almost Here! Stoked!

jediknight75jediknight75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to say how stoked I am to be able to play soon. I cant even sleep! lol!

How about you?
Post edited by jediknight75 on

Comments

• Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    5 1/4 hours.. same feeling here also!
  • Options
    lokisamlokisam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im ready here with energy drinks to do all nighter
    147daac5-9564-4a48-abfe-692d6c73ef11_zpsfc2f6648.jpg?t=1366442808
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You guys have no idea how jealous I am of you, getting to play today! I'm going to have to make do with watching Twitch for 5 days!
  • Options
    moodsmoods Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Setting up my stream and waiting "patiently" for the OB to begin :)
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    You guys have no idea how jealous I am of you, getting to play today! I'm going to have to make do with watching Twitch for 5 days!

You mean that you will twitch while watching for 5 days. :P
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    haha indeed.

I have to wait 2 days for Guardian pack to kick in. Bad thing is i have to work all weekend so a bit of a waste but will enjoy the evenings to the fullest :)

PS: Do you need to activate something or does the game just grant your account acces when you login with a foundry pack?

Happy gaming to all.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    LOL i'm excited too guy's.
  • Options
    jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Onward to glory! fame! and women is tiny miniskirts! :D
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »

Haha! Sounds about right. I feel like a junkie needing my fix. No other MMO out there can sate my thirst for such visceral feeling combat.
  • Options
    milkshakes777milkshakes777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just bought the HOTN pack today... Launched the patcher.. Saw the green light server status.. Tried logging in and now i'm downloading a 270megs patch?
  • Options
    lokisamlokisam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just bought the HOTN pack today... Launched the patcher.. Saw the green light server status.. Tried logging in and now i'm downloading a 270megs patch?

be sure to go to options in the right top corner and click disable on-demand patching that way you wont have to download small patches while ingame it will however download around 3gig's worth of patches so better do it early
    147daac5-9564-4a48-abfe-692d6c73ef11_zpsfc2f6648.jpg?t=1366442808
  • Options
    fyrestorme1fyrestorme1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 98
    edited April 2013

it won't let you play even if it says the servers are up - until 9am pdt today
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My cat woke me up at 5 am. Now I gotta wait until 11 am. 4.5 hours to go.

Got cheese-its that I am eating for breakfast. Got my coffee. Got game downloaded on desktop and laptop. Got 32 inch tv hooked up to desktop. Got spare graphics card just in case. Took the day off from school. Actually took the rest of the week off from school.

I am ready. :P
  • Options
    jarsterjarster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argh, i still can't decide if i should get the founder's pack. on one hand, i tell myself that it's a well-deserved birthday present for myself. on the other hand, it's $200....
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    jarster wrote: »
    argh, i still can't decide if i should get the founder's pack. on one hand, i tell myself that it's a well-deserved birthday present for myself. on the other hand, it's $200....

If you can spare the money for entertainment, then get the pack. If you need the money for something else, then don't get the pack.
  • Options
    milkshakes777milkshakes777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lokisam wrote: »
    be sure to go to options in the right top corner and click disable on-demand patching that way you wont have to download small patches while ingame it will however download around 3gig's worth of patches so better do it early

Thank you very much! I'm downloading the 2gigs+ patch now! Would have been bummed if i had to download all that when early access starts!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    My cat woke me up at 5 am. Now I gotta wait until 11 am. 4.5 hours to go.

Got cheese-its that I am eating for breakfast. Got my coffee. Got game downloaded on desktop and laptop. Got 32 inch tv hooked up to desktop. Got spare graphics card just in case. Took the day off from school. Actually took the rest of the week off from school.

I am ready. :P

I think u need HOTN status to access the early access in 4.5 hours time.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thank you very much! I'm downloading the 2gigs+ patch now! Would have been bummed if i had to download all that when early access starts!

It would only have had longer load area times cause you would have to load the files.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I have hero pack, guardian pack, and I'm a silverstar which are the people along with moonstars that tested the foundry beta.
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Silverstars will have early access. :)
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I feel like a hamster stuck in the wheel of time, I just keep running, but I get nowhere! If I lived in Hawaii, and it was now there where it is here now, then I would be in open beta already!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And moonstars. :P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Silverstars will have early access. :)

Ah my bad :)
    I was under the impression HOTN have 5 days headstart and Guardian have 3 days headstart.
    By the way, what shards have u guys decided on?
    I'm leaning towards Dragon.
  • Options
    jarsterjarster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    If you can spare the money for entertainment, then get the pack. If you need the money for something else, then don't get the pack.

ah screw it! i'm going in!

(that's what i said last night too. :p)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was under the impression HOTN have 5 days headstart and Guardian have 3 days headstart.
    By the way, what shards have u guys decided on?
    I'm leaning towards Dragon.

I think lots of silverstars are going to dragon. I am going to mindflayer though because that is where the guild wants to go. It won't matter much though because in a few days, probably a few after the 30th, all the shards are combining.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Probably after your wife threw you out to the doghouse?
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I struggled with myself over the HOTN pack for 6 hours last night.. finally plunged in today. :p
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Argh!!!! my body is not ready and in need of sleep thus I will be about 4 or so hours late for head start (**** you Circadian rhythm's!).
    On the bright side ridiculously large spiders YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

That is correct. Silverstars and Moonstars also have early access though, probably so we can update our quests and fix bugs as they are reported. Would be frustrating to see a lot of feedback for one of our quests from a Founder if there was nothing we could do about it. :)
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    What are these silverstars and moonstars? People who tested certain game aspects in beta?
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed