test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How are you going to play your Cleric?

zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
The way I see it, there are a number of different play styles for the cleric. You can focus on heals, damage, or buffer/debuffer.

Of course all three will overlap to some extent. I plan on going buffer/debuffer, how about everyone else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zingarbage on

Comments

• Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm going for as pure healing as I can.

People keep saying pure healing isn't needed in dungeons. That may be the case, but in my experience PvP always requires more healing than dungeons. In PvP, you're expected to die, which means you're expected to take more damage. So I'll be going healing spec in the hopes that it will make me more effective as a PvP healer.
  • Options
    almightysarcasmoalmightysarcasmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wont be an extremely happy cleric until I can use a large two handed mace as my weapon. Until then I will just stick with toasting everything.
    I am the Wishmaster

4nKjr.png
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    yult wrote: »

People keep saying pure healing isn't needed in dungeons. That may be the case, but in my experience PvP always requires more healing than dungeons. In PvP, you're expected to die, which means you're expected to take more damage. So I'll be going healing spec in the hopes that it will make me more effective as a PvP healer.

Same. Except I'm not into PvP.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yult wrote: »

I like the looks of the healing stuff. Hallowed ground with its heal looks to have a good uptime. That by itself will be very strong. I may check it out at some point. However, I like the buffs and debuffs the cleric has. Put together with control stuff and it should be strong in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Pure healing, with a touch of buff/debuffs.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This reminds me though, I wish they had a category for buffs and debuffs on the the scoreboard. I mean reducing the damage people take by 25% while increasing the damage doesn't show up. It would be nice to be appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    This reminds me though, I wish they had a category for buffs and debuffs on the the scoreboard. I mean reducing the damage people take by 25% while increasing the damage doesn't show up. It would be nice to be appreciated.

Agreed....

I didn't get the chance to reply to your DOT PvP build before the boards went down. Looks good buddy. Do you think 15% more divine power is worth 5 Heroic Feat points? Hmmm.....
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not sure yet, I'll change it if it is not. From my limited experience with the cleric, I was constantly switching in and out of divine mode and would run out easily enough.

So again, not really sure, but it can't hurt.

Btw, here is a link to the build if you have any comments. Still deciding on feat placements on a few points. Like the second 5 points in the righteous tree, I can either get 10% more divinity on crits or 10% of a bar of divinity when an encounter resets.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?142891-Dot-Cleric-feedback-needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    Again, I like the build a lot. I like builds where I can see some serious thought has been put into how they want to play it and how it fits with the synergy of feat/paragon points spent.

I will say if you are considering being a buffer/debuffer you might consider this passive. 10 Damage reduction to anyone you heal is nice!!

"Benefit of Foresight" - Damage reduction bonus from Foresight is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%

"Foresight" - Passive - Anticipating what is to come, you receive 5% less incoming damage. When healing others, you share these visions and temporarily increase their defenses as well.
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    And it can be improved via feats to 10% reduced damage!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    Again, I like the build a lot. I like builds where I can see some serious thought has been put into how they want to play it and how it fits with the synergy of feat/paragon points spent.

I will say if you are considering being a buffer/debuffer you might consider this passive. 10 Damage reduction to anyone you heal is nice!!

"Benefit of Foresight" - Damage reduction bonus from Foresight is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%

"Foresight" - Passive - Anticipating what is to come, you receive 5% less incoming damage. When healing others, you share these visions and temporarily increase their defenses as well.

I strongly looked at that and got a bit selfish. I don't want to give up rising hope. That was what kept me from going that route.

If rising hope turns out to have a low proc rate, I will switch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My primary focus will be buffs/debuffs but since stats don't effect those and most buffs are applied by healing and debuffs through damage my stats and gear will reflect a focus on healing first and damage second. Although the stats that are good for healing and damage are effectively the same, power, crit, recovery (not necessarily in that order).

The only real exception I can think of is Linked Spirit. If you have really high defense and give 5% to allies that might be useful, though probably not worth sacking your other stats for it.

I have a fairly solid idea of what my build will look like at 60 but I won't know for sure until around Sunday or Monday when I can actually test it out in a dungeon and I'll likely make a very long-winded post and/or videos about it once I do.
  • Options
    streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As you're bringing up the archived thread, I'll post the answer to one of the questions raised in it: How many point are desirable in the Cleanse feat?

Variables to consider are:
    CLEANSE_PROB: Probability that a heal will cleanse the target.
    HEALS_PER_SECOND: Number of heals assumed to land on a target in a second.
    CLEANSED_CONF: Target will be cleansed with this confidence level. For the table, the confidence level is held constant at 95%.
    SECONDS: Number of seconds elapsed.

This table charts the number of seconds elapsed before a target is expected to be cleansed
    (Imagine HEALS_PER_SECOND as being the left label, the forum doesn't seem to support rowspan and nested tables to achieve that appearance are evil.)

[th="colspan: 3, align: center, bgcolor: #000044"]CLEANSE_PROB[/th]

[th="bgcolor: #000044"]0.1[/th]
    [th="bgcolor: #000044"]0.2[/th]
    [th="bgcolor: #000044"]0.3[/th]

[th="bgcolor: #000044"]1[/th]

[th="bgcolor: #000044"]2[/th]

[th="bgcolor: #000044"]3[/th]

Based on this data, I would suggest that anything less than 3 points is unreasonable assuming 2 heals per second, but that 2 points would be acceptable if assuming 3 heals per second.

If you would like to perform similar tests using your own values for the variables, below you will find the initial equality, with the last line being the formula to use when solving for the number of seconds before you can expect a target to be cleansed with your confidence level:
    (1-CLEANSE_PROB)^(SECONDS * HEALS_PER_SECOND) = (1-CLEANSED_CONF)
    (SECONDS * HEALS_PER_SECOND) log (1-CLEANSE_PROB) = log(1-CLEANSED_CONF)
    SECONDS * HEALS_PER_SECOND = log(1-CLEANSED_CONF) / log (1-CLEANSE_PROB)
    SECONDS = log(1-CLEANSED_CONF) / log(1-CLEANSE_PROB) / HEALS_PER_SECOND

Finally, I think the feat Righteous (Paragon): Divine Advantage was passed over in this consideration of putting less than the maximum number of points into a feat. With most people believing that they will put out 2 or 3 heals per second on a relevant target, having more than 2 points in this feat seems incredibly wasteful.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    With a keyboard and the mouse.
    ('-')
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    70% Healing, 20% De/buffing, and 10% DPS

Voted Healing
  • Options
    t3hc0rr0d3rt3hc0rr0d3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Buff/Debuff with some healing and damage
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh pls be just healers whit nice dps,i dont like when i get healer class in team and then it says i dont heal im dps...then it just start to be great since we got none to heal after that so yeah go apply or look for team again :(
  • Options
    t3hc0rr0d3rt3hc0rr0d3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Divine Oracle is not a healing path, building it as a full healer is a totally waste.
  • Options
    streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, it's all we've seen thus far. Depending on the other paragon options, Prophecy of Doom has the potential to be our best PvE heal.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As i know the next PP is for full healing.
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's a bit of a silly poll if you ask me. My main focus will be crit/power/recovery (not sure yet if recovery over power or power over recovery)... but I will have maxed out Healing powers as well as using some feats that give healing or cleansing off of crits, etc.
    Effective DPS with buffs and heals in dungeons; full on DPS solo-ing.

Why make a one-sided DC when there's so much potential for synergy between the roles?
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    oh pls be just healers whit nice dps,i dont like when i get healer class in team and then it says i dont heal im dps...then it just start to be great since we got none to heal after that so yeah go apply or look for team again :(

I think you're in the wrong game with that mentality.

PS: And this is why baddies couldn't cut it in GW2, cause when the game said "no healers", they still couldn't take care of themselves.
  • Options
    iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will be focusing on Damage/Buffing for my cleric. This still means I will be maxing out some of the healing abilities I feel are the most useful for group play, but will be neglecting most of the more direct heals and going for heals like Forgemaster's Flame and Prophecy of Doom.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    My Cleric gonna be DPS/heal.
  • Options
    vallkyravallkyra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DPS main healing second till a new PP comes out.
  • Options
    rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »

Agreed. I hate the way Kills are always the most important factor in who is MVP of a match. It's part of why TRs and other assassin-type classes are viewed as OP, because they're always on top of the leaderboards. Assists, Healing, Buff/Debuffs, Tanking, all of these things should earn as much credit and as many points as Kills.

For leveling I'll be playing a DPS DC. I've stated a dozen times that I absolutely love Repurposed Soul, makes even a hardcore DPS DC a powerful healer!

Endgame I'll probably respec to the Tactician tree for survivability in PvP.
    8.jpg
  • Options
    ladyelistarialadyelistaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I only did one group during BW4, and I was DPS for trash, as Astral Seal kept everyone mostly full, and I topped off when necessary. On the bosses I switched to mostly heals, DPSing enough to keep Divine Power coming in to power my encounter powers (can't remember those names of them right now, at the pub and I've had a few too many). I did use the healing ray a few times on one boss, but for the most part relied on Astral Shield and the regen encounter power. I love the thought of a battle healer as opposed to a pure caster, it makes healing fun again.
  • Options
    boogle11boogle11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I plan on healing mostly, but buffing/debuffing is also interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    boogle11 wrote: »
    I plan on healing mostly, but buffing/debuffing is also interesting

Offtopic... I knew a boogle once from the WoW days. Played a DK tank, and a feral druid. Any chance it's the same boogle?
  • Options
    jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    deahamlet wrote: »
    It's a bit of a silly poll if you ask me. My main focus will be crit/power/recovery (not sure yet if recovery over power or power over recovery)... but I will have maxed out Healing powers as well as using some feats that give healing or cleansing off of crits, etc.
    Effective DPS with buffs and heals in dungeons; full on DPS solo-ing.

Why make a one-sided DC when there's so much potential for synergy between the roles?

Couldn't agree more
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression