test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 12 Year Plan

elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
12 years ago- Find a job to work my way up that will allow me to schedule my days off

11 Years ago - Marry a woman that appreciates my gaming, but doesn't game herself

10-5 years ago - produce 3 children (gender unimportant)

3 weeks ago - Look at schedule of early release and ensure you are off on the Hero launch.

2 weeks ago - tell wife that you are buying the $60 guardian pack.

2 days later - tell wife that they have a $200 pack that lets you play 2 days earlier than the guardian, but you just cant justify spending that much money

10 minutes after telling wife that - Wife state's "So your off that thursday and other people will be online but you wont. So now i will have to hear you whine and complain that you cant play for two more days. Just go buy the more expensive pack"

3 minutes after conversation with wife - Purchase Hero of the North founders pack

Day before launch - Head out to buy a sundry of snacks (chips/salsa, pizza bites, 2 bags of peanut butter fudge batter (for wife to bake), 12 pack of cream soda, 6 pack of Dos Equis (after all i'm the most interesting man on this forum currently), and whatever else ends up in the basket.

Spend 4 hours on forums making sure nothing is new that i need to watch,read, listen or post.

Ensure a solid 9 hours of sleep, waking up 2 hours prior to launch

Take shower and groom self really well (understanding it may have to last for 2 days)

Ask wife to make you breakfast

After rolling of the eyes, run up to McDonalds and get a #11 with medium coffee (2 cream - 2 sugar)

Clean Man Cave (i know, if the kids all have computers in the room it doesn't really count as a "man cave" but let me dream for a sec) furiously for the next 20 minutes - ensure all items are clean and do a quick restart on computer to ensure everything is up to date.

Train 9 year old son on how the basic's work in the game - Appoint him as /AFK BIO captain

Have wife bake the first batch of fudge

Tell the children not to eat it

Appoint the 5 year old girl to tell me if her two older brothers eat any of dad's fudge.

Find out 2 older brothers bribed younger sister with larger portion of fudge.

Have wife bake 2nd batch.

Commense to 48 hours of Neverwinter gaming!
Post edited by elderock67 on

Comments

• vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    You forgot to thank wife immensely for being understanding and buying her something nice.....
  • azrowariaazrowaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    Bravo! Humor factor is high on this one.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol, best thing I've read so far today on this forum.

Thanks for this post.
  • godofthornsgodofthorns Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can empathize with the finding of the wife that "doesn't game herself".

I found one that enjoys her cigarettes and booze. As long as she leaves me alone during my Gaming, it is wedded bliss.

...at least...as long as the cigarettes and booze last...

(*hops in car and heads out to local Friar Tuck's for some cig cartons and a nice couple o' cases of happy water for the wifey-poo*)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
  • vulfenthewargvulfenthewarg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Multiple points for your post!!

Appoint the 5 year old girl to tell me if her two older brothers eat any of dad's fudge.

Find out 2 older brothers bribed younger sister with larger portion of fudge.

Funny, Funny shtuff.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have a wife addicted to Ancestry.com....I have all the free gaming time my job allows for ;)
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • docterrydocterry Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey -- join/start a guild and invite me!
    Better yet--invite me to join your family!

Great post!
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This made me smile and laugh; thanks for sharing lol.
    26.jpg
  • elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    docterry wrote: »
    Hey -- join/start a guild and invite me!
    Better yet--invite me to join your family!

Great post!

Docterry, come check us out @ http://rockbottom.enjin.com/home or anyone else that appreciates a good fun guild.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You forgot the most important step of spending the day before with ya wife and make sure she is satisifed both in the bed and outside the bed :P
  • dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited April 2013
    AHHHH! You're 6 years ahead of me!
  • crstirizlxxviicrstirizlxxvii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Awesome post. Just...... awesome.
  • skittlelolzskittlelolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    10/10

Would read again and again. Had me grinning stupidly.
  • samicus22samicus22 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Haha, this is fantastic! Love it!
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    <<< Wishes his wife was more understanding :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Best post ever
  • izulieizulie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Better re-check step 13. says "Ask wife to make you breakfast."

May wanna change that to "Ask wife to make ME breakfast.", I mean unless u want your wife to make me breakfast. Totally ok with that.
    My obvious charms and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk.
  • lostblessinglostblessing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for this... I want to be your friend in game now
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Later try get the 9 year old off the computer .>_>
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • jordank23jordank23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Amazing. HaHa Thanks for that!
    Time is the fire in which we burn.
  • solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    Been reading WAY too many negative posts lately.

Thank you for this, it's made my forum life 100 times better.
  • blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited April 2013
    Awesome!

LOL

Best laugh i've had today. I'm gonna show this to my wife...
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sometime post-HotN launch :: Go for a well needed bio-break only to come back and see your wife sitting at your throne playing your character better than you!

Sometime after that :: Rage-Quit the game and leave your account to her.

:cool:
  • aridenkanearidenkane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my lips :)
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Awesome post, I'm going to share the link on the guild forums.

hah!
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LoL funny post!
  • squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've just shared this on my facebook page, it's awesome. XD
    lhytav2.png
  • pearofanguishpearofanguish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited April 2013
    Awesome post!

I wish you mad lootz my friend!
    Ignore me.... 90% of the time I dont care, 10% of the time I am indifferent....
    21.jpg
  • fenn84fenn84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    excellent post!
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice planning ahead.

From 12 years ago.

Hang on.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png