test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Apparently saving $25m by playing NW

ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=867801

While Im not surprised at the used car-salesman humor, Cryptic has, I find it disturbing they glorify having no life. Basically, by playing nothing but their game, you save yourself all sorts of money... by never leaving the house.
Post edited by ichbin on

Comments

• Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well that's bogus I already save on gas and entertainment cause I just watch stuff via stream on the net for free and when you stop smoking and drinking you tend to eat more junk food so... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Lots of gaming companies do that - Activision with their "Replacers" for instance.

Although, it hasn't always been like that - I distinctly remember a few of the "helpful tips" on the WoW loading screens were things like "remember to hang on with your friends in the real world as well" and "take all things in moderation - including gaming!"

I guess gamers have that stigma, regardless of how true it is, so we might as well turn it into humor.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    And here I thought that was just them joking around.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    its obviously them trying to be humorous
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yep most of us casually earn $25 million a year.
    Unfunny joke isnt funny.
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    And here I thought that was just them joking around.

• Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No wai! SirEus biZ!

photo_19422_shapeways.jpg
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mock outrage on the interwebs.....

You're doing it wrong. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    its obviously them trying to be humorous

1st: Produce

2nd: Be successful

3rd: Be humorous

... they've skipped a step.
  • Options
    seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    It's funny, and yet somewhat true. My PC kicks out enough heat that I sometimes have to turn on my office room overhead fan to stir the air.

I still have to drive to buy groceries, do other stuff, make dinner, etc, so I won't save money there. I will still have to indulge in RL things away from gaming, like family, husband, etc. I will also pause and mark myself AFK to indulge in my wicked habits (aka smoking).

But, it was a cute link. Inaccurate, but cute. Let's see how long Neverwinter sticks around after its official launch.
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Um... learn to take a joke? I laughed out loud when I read that.
  • Options
    stauchstauch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    First of all, they don't say over what time frame they calculate it all.

Second, since they say "Party in Dubai" I can only assume they include airfare hotel and such.

And third, it's marketing so it's always somewhat slanted.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Um... learn to take a joke? I laughed out loud when I read that.
    stauch wrote: »
    it's marketing so it's always somewhat slanted.

Sry, maybe I came off a bit short-sighted. I'll issue my point through poem:

Roses are Red,

Violets are Blue,

Screw Cryptic.

With their marketing track record, I don't find anything they do amusing.
  • Options
    blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ichbin wrote: »

Roses are Red,

Violets are Blue,

Screw Cryptic.

I find your ideas interesting and wish to subscribe to your newsletter!
    10qkinm.png
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They are right though. Playing an MMO and having no outside life is a fantastic way to save money!
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ichbin, I found it funny. Not everyone has the same sense of humour unfortunately.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    BS. I'm not canceling my trip to Dubai, I can party and play games at the same time. lrn2laptop

This game is only saving me $16,952. I demand alternate compensation.
  • Options
    elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Obviously marketing aimed at newer MMO players, I learned this secret to saving money years ago :P
  • Options
    teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nothing to see here folks just a trollawllolling along, keep it moving.
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Roses are Red,

Violets are Blue,

Screw Cryptic.

Are you really that out of touch with the world? It is a pop culture reference sheesh. Not unlike the old priceless commercials. Such as....

Play testing Neverwinter Online in Closed Beta 3: $0
    Buying some Energy Drinks for Neverwinter Online Open Beta: $30
    Become a Neverwinter Online Hero of the North for 5 days early access: $200
    Shutting up the Troll on the Neverwinter Forums: Priceless

I know that Trolls turn into stone in the sunlight, so here, I will help you out with a link and hopefully a clue...

http://www.luxist.com/2008/09/11/worlds-most-extravagant-party-in-dubai-will-be-visible-from-spa/
  • Options
    csilecsile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its funny... i loled....
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    No wai! SirEus biZ!

photo_19422_shapeways.jpg

My god where do I get those dice?
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought their little infographic was hilarious. In fact, I'd love for PWE to put it on a shirt, so I can wear it.

Also, I too would like to know where I can get the awesome metal dice set!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    My god where do I get those dice?

http://www.3dfuture.com.au/2011/07/things-to-make-dungeons-and-dragon-dice/l

http://www.shapeways.com/model/60445/dice-set.html?li=moreFromDesigner&material=6

They have a ton of cool dice sets, Steampunk, Botanical, you name it. One more cool thing, you can even get them in Stainless Steel, Gold Plated, or other materials.

Here is the Steampunk d20

674x501_124376_216392_1338415565.jpg
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ah thank you. After last weeks performance I think I could do with some replacements. Cheers :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    Ah thank you. After last weeks performance I think I could do with some replacements. Cheers :)

My pleasure to help you and Kwsapphire out.
  • Options
    paleminsupaleminsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10
    edited April 2013
    Steam Had similar ADs
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Are you really that out of touch with the world? It is a pop culture reference sheesh. Not unlike the old priceless commercials. Such as....

Play testing Neverwinter Online in Closed Beta 3: $0
    Buying some Energy Drinks for Neverwinter Online Open Beta: $30
    Become a Total Idiot of the North for 5 days early access: $200
    Feeding the Troll on the Neverwinter Forums: Priceless

I know that Trolls turn into stone in the sunlight, so here, I will help you out with a link and hopefully a clue...

http://www.luxist.com/2008/09/11/worlds-most-extravagant-party-in-dubai-will-be-visible-from-spa/

Wow... you ahh... completely missed it. Guess you didn't catch that I don't give a **** what it was intending. I just find it sad & pathetic when Heroes need to justify their 200 bucks by pounding an icepick through their head and calling it a day. Some ppl see this game for what it is, and others see it as a badge of honor for wasting their money... to each their own.
    http://www.3dfuture.com.au/2011/07/things-to-make-dungeons-and-dragon-dice/l

http://www.shapeways.com/model/60445/dice-set.html?li=moreFromDesigner&material=6

They have a ton of cool dice sets, Steampunk, Botanical, you name it. One more cool thing, you can even get them in Stainless Steel, Gold Plated, or other materials.

Here is the Steampunk d20

674x501_124376_216392_1338415565.jpg

That's more worth my money than this game...
  • Options
    blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's more worth my money than this game...

The game is free dude.

Spending money on it is entirely optional.
    10qkinm.png