test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Movie Recommendations!

doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
Hey everyone,

So I can't sleep due to having a nap at my desk after a walk around Paris today (finally bought an ecig, no more leaning out the window to smoke), so does anyone have any good recommendations of what movies to watch?

I don't mind if they are comedy, action, drama or romantic.

Doowie
60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
60 Drow Trickster Rogue
11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
Beholder
Guild:
Praetor Lupus
Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
Post edited by doowie1982 on

Comments

• Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    Monty Python and he Holy Grail!
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ah a classic :D I'll have to see if I have that one. I know I have The Life of Brian on DVD :D
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    richardseatonrichardseaton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    Ok I will mention another. Being There staring Peter Sellers.
  • Options
    jkaplan92jkaplan92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    My favorite movie and one that will probably go down as a classic is There Will Be Blood, highly recommend it.

Some other favorites are: Oslo August 31st, The Prestige, and Se7en

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Moonrise Kingdom and Fantastic Mr. Fox are both great too.
  • Options
    alan0n79alan0n79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Idiocracy... one of the few B movies Ive seen that was worth watching.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I really enjoyed that movie!
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    The greatest "Guy Movie" of all time... The Princess Bride!
  • Options
    demiurgerealmdemiurgerealm Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The Duellists
    Formula 51
    Casablanca
    The Lighthorseman
    A Bridge Too Far
    -Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Realm of the Demiurge Foundry Works

Neverwinter isn't D&D, it is a MMO based on a game that uses D&D terms but isn't really D&D either. NW is fun (for that matter so is 4E), but it isn't D&D, and once you wrap your expectations around that you will be able to enjoy the game for what it offers and not worry about what it does not.
  • Options
    sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree with idiocracy if you havent seen it. Either that or Pandorum. Both really under rated imo.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited April 2013
    The greatest "Guy Movie" of all time... The Princess Bride!

First time I've heard that categorized as a guy movie! I know plenty of women that list it as one of their favorites, myself included. ;)

One of my recent favorites is "The Adjustment Bureau."

(Of course, I've always had a "thing" for Matt Damon; my appreciation of it may not be completely objective.)
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    kadlena wrote: »
    First time I've heard that categorized as a guy movie!

"Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles..."
    Of course it's a guy movie! ;)
  • Options
    smykker87smykker87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

So I can't sleep due to having a nap at my desk after a walk around Paris today (finally bought an ecig, smykker til kvinder no more leaning out the window to smoke), so does anyone have any good recommendations of what movies to watch?

I don't mind if they are comedy, action, drama or romantic.

Doowie

Django Unchained is the best movie!
  • Options
    ramsayivramsayiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ip Man and Ip Man 2. Foreign Martial Arts films.. but soooo good!

Some others - The Avengers, Princess Bride, Avatar, The Book of Eli.. I will think of some more.
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Feast, if you want a horror that will make you lul and jump. One of the few series where the sequals were as good as the original.

Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil, if you want a horror that won't make you jump but most certainly laugh your *** off.

The Man From Earth, if you want a movie you've probably never heard of that will change your views on immortality.

Mazes & Monsters, if you want a movie to laugh at because this is actually what people believed D&D was about in the 80's. Early Tom Hanks role.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whatever you do, don't watch Dungeons and Dragons movie. :D
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    aurelijus1aurelijus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    se7en - very good serial killer investigation thriller, psychological film with Bratt Pitt and Freeman,
    The pianist - based on the true story, about a Polish jew, during WW2 - great film,
    dark knight all of them, i don't think we need any explanation here.
    the man, - Great commedy with Samuel L jackson
    Edward scissorhands - Very beautiful film with Johnny Depp, one of his best films.
    Bruce almighty and Liar Liar - Jim carrey and his type of comedies, for some good laugh.
    The last stand - One of the latest films with our beloved Arnold Governor Schwarzenegger, great action/comedy mix film.
    The pulp fiction - one of the greatest film i ever seen, with Bruce Willis, Travolta, S.L Jackson..