test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Speculation: What if they introduce flying mounts?

2»

Comments

• Options
    colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I didn't really like the whole system in Aion. If you're going to put flying in a game then just let us fly, durations are dumb.
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe not flying but at least Featherfall would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah pretty much most developers feel that way now, I remember back in 2010 at Blizzcon Chris Metzen said if they had one thing to do over it would be putting in flying mounts, personally I'm glad we will never see them in Neverwinter. I for one want more exploration, not quicker way to get from point A to point B.

A developer commented on this about a year ago. So long ago I can't even remember what he said besides that, at least at that time, they had no intention of adding player flight or flying mounts into the game.

Adding flying into a game causes all sorts of nightmarish gameplay issues.

The "what if" is many, many, many months/years from now in my most humble opinion. Flying mechanics for players is something I don't think they were in a hurry to add then and I doubt they are in any hurry to add it now.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually ambisnisterr is wrong here. Actually the developer said (crypticmapolis) that he has designed the maps in such a way that 3D flying is not possible.

As they have designed the flying maps for CO, he knows that the maps for flying have to be made differently. This has not been the case with NW.

So CMP does not knows about future, but as no maps have been made for flying, it does not seem possible that flying will be implemented.

{H never said it was tough to implement or cannot be implemented at a later stage, but as he knows that 3D maps for flying are designed in a different way, these maps are not designed that way right now}

[The reply is probably somewhere in the ask dev thread]
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    onnuk wrote: »
    In TES: Morrowind, my character can fly. It was really a unique experience, since Morrowind is an openworld game and you can actually fly over walls which can not be passed by walking.

For an online game which have small regions this can be difficult, but if an MMO want to be different than others here is The challenge / chance! Give us ability to fly (I may be wrong there may be other games that has flying) and be different.

Cheers from Turkey

I have played every single TES game since Daggerfall. Among all these Elder Scrolls games, Morrowind has a special meaning to me because of the dwemer lore it contains. I played Morrowind countless times just to explore dwemer ruins. And since then, I was dreaming of having an Online rpg game which could carry all the aspects of Morrowind. So you might guess what I'm really waiting for ;)

When it comes to Neverwinter, I believe "visually" floating mounts will be available within 1 year. And with the introduction of new areas, even flying might be possible. Developers might revise all of the current maps to make them suitable for flying in the far future as well (as you know, such kind of update already happened in the past in another well known mmo )

Who knows... Maybe we will have a team based pvp "capture the flag" game which is played on top of drakes.

I am from Turkey as well. Cheers :cool: