test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mindflayer Chosen as Unofficial Roleplay Shard!

ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
nwrplogo3.png

Neverwinter-RP.com, a fansite providing a central location for all roleplayers in Neverwinter, has voted: MINDFLAYER will act as our unofficial roleplaying shard during the early months of Neverwinter.

Neverwinter will be launching with three shards: Beholder, Dragon, and Mindflayer. In order to consolidate the roleplaying community, Neverwinter-RP enacted a communal vote (in addition to a vote here on the official forums) to determine our home. Mindflayer was the winner by a landslide, and we encourage all players interested in roleplaying in Neverwinter to join us there.

Remember however that this is only a temporary home, as all servers will be merged at some point after launch and the separate shards are only an immediate measure to combat player loads. Wherever you choose to play, the roleplaying community will eventually be united on a single mega-shard.

If you're a roleplayer, or just interested in the community that unofficial RP servers usually provide, we hope to see you on Mindflayer. We'd also love to welcome anyone with an interest in roleplaying to join us over at Nevewinter-RP.com and get involved in the opening days of our adventures in Faerun!
ainisig.png
-= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
Administrator of Neverwinter Roleplayers Fansite. Join us!
Post edited by ainilome1 on

Comments

• moodsmoods Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good on you, RP crowd tends to be nice people, looking forward to see you around, in the end it wont matter as all the shards will be merged together after launch.

Regards.
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why bother, it will all be 1 anyways and FYI.. everybody picked mindflayer.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll see you on the 30th!
    21.jpg
  • lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    Additionally: GOUDA chosen as unofficial favorite cheese!
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It turned out well with the guild and RPers choosing the same shard.

There is something about tentacles, I tell you...
  • vestinious1vestinious1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Additionally: GOUDA chosen as unofficial favorite cheese!

This is good to hear BUT without bacon its irrelevant !
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    There is something about tentacles, I tell you...

I second that.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    why bother, it will all be 1 anyways and FYI.. everybody picked mindflayer.

Until it's made one server, it'll be nice to be able to group with the people you knew from beta. You're right that eventually it won't matter, but we don't know how long that will be. It depends on a number of factors, but they break down to "peak concurrency". Those numbers won't be shared with us. (Although if they release the game on Steam, you can take Steam concurrency numbers and multiply them by 12 or so, and probably be in the ballpark.)
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *Hoopty spats on the ground*

I was hoping I would be the only person on that shard..... I guess I can share it with everyone! I can be your guys/gals king.

Bwahahaha!
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seven Against Thay will be there, along with many other guilds. Thanks to the NW-RP folks for coordinating things.
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mindflayer it is!
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • canidkcanidk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A quick question from someone who hasn't followed Neverwinter for that long, does anyone know if there will be a difference between shards based on continent, e.g. Europe vs. US ? I am askong because this game just might be the one MMO where I could see a potential for me to focus on RP due to the IP it's based on, but I do find it a bit essential in such a case to play within the same time zone. Not an issue if they just mix all countries on same shards of course
  • ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From our understanding, the shards are a temporary measure to handle launch server load and will be merged soon. Cryptic's other MMOs all use a single server and Neverwinter will do so as well eventually. There's no difference between the shards other than name.
    ainisig.png
    WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ainilome1 wrote: »
    From our understanding, the shards are a temporary measure to handle launch server load and will be merged soon. Cryptic's other MMOs all use a single server and Neverwinter will do so as well eventually. There's no difference between the shards other than name.

I suggest a custom RP chat channel be made, so we who are not RPing wont be interrupting yall who are RPing
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vigilanteevigilantee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Uhhh yeah so like I was thinking that, ya know you all should know that if you add bacon of cocoa puffs it makes bacopuffs and they are the equivalent to eating pure awesomeness. It will turn you into a super hero, fer realzorz!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    Mindflayer wont be overcrowded at all..
  • aeldiraaeldira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 29
    edited April 2013
    *sighs* Great.... all those years i've tried to stay away from mindflayers... successfully i might ad, and now this.
  • heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Mindflayer wont be overcrowded at all..

<3 my:

[h=5]VIP GAME ACCESS[/h]
    When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)
  • ainilome1ainilome1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I knew I got this for more than the blue name and the drow :P
    ainisig.png
    WebsiteRecruitmentVideo
  • scootmienscootmien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
    Mindflayer, check! Our RP guild will start up on 'flayer then. Opening Night Party tonight at the inn maybe?

_____
    "Why not illithid?"
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suggest a custom RP chat channel be made, so we who are not RPing wont be interrupting yall who are RPing

Great suggestion, I know that there is no way I am going to RP much if at all. Fortunately if I were to RP Argantis would just be... me. :D
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited April 2013
    Sweet, now I know just like the rest of the forum trolls where the hunting grounds are. . .

. . . Perhaps you should have posted this in the RP section, to cut down on the number of trolls knowing what server to pick. . .
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Sweet, now I know just like the rest of the forum trolls where the hunting grounds are. . .

. . . Perhaps you should have posted this in the RP section, to cut down on the number of trolls knowing what server to pick. . .

Sadly I had this same thought. Not so much in griefers but the hardcore PvP guys love to prey on RPers.
  • demonical3demonical3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    So far as ive seen nearly evryone is picking mindflayer.. most guilds etc, The shard will be realy overcrowded and probably lots of ques for those who didnt buy the HotN package
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Reporting double post - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?143471-Mindflayer-chosen-as-unofficial-RP-shard

And to note since it seems you RPers don't bother reading the official news:
    Neverwinter uses the same type of single-shard, multi-instancing technology that Star Trek Online uses, right?

Yeah, it's that same idea. We firmly believe that's how we want our games to work, on a single shard with individual instances. So you don't have to worry about "I can't play with you because you're on a different shard." However, there are limitations to that technology, and so we anticipate that when we launch, because the interest has been so high, we will have temporary multiple shards. We have things in place that preserve, say, unique guild names across the shards. Once things settle down a bit, we'll bring everyone back to a single shard.

Interview source

Official thread on the interview...
  • immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »
    Sadly I had this same thought. Not so much in griefers but the hardcore PvP guys love to prey on RPers.

lol the whine!
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    argantis wrote: »

Guess fortunately for you this is not OWPvP ;) And messing with RPers in Lineage2 was always good time done in good spirit ;)
  • foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great! Can't wait to see Madame Bouvier type up some more of his VERY INTERESTING RP stuff.
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Guess fortunately for you this is not OWPvP ;) And messing with RPers in Lineage2 was always good time done in good spirit ;)

My first thought was "Cool easy Glory! Maybe I will PvP hard out early on!" Then I realized that all the hardcore PvP guys will be there now and I was like, "Herpa derp derp herp."
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Mindflayer chosen as the unofficial...everything shard. :D