test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Gateway phone app?

nelsonxurnelsonxur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys, I am super excited to be trying out the gateway features this weekend. The features, and site seem like it would be something that would go great in a phone or tablet app. Does anyone know if this is planned? Or if they plan to release the gateway API so we can make our own?
Check out our community at www.AllegiantGaming.com
Post edited by nelsonxur on

Comments

• narc2311narc2311 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yer i was thinking the same as u m8
    DoubleFacepalm.jpg
  • thaliffthaliff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I plan on trying it via the browser on my tablet. See how it goes since about an hour after bwe4 starts, I have to be away for 4+ hrs. :(
    On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
  • friar1976friar1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have an iPad mini and would like to see something that allows me to conduct Gateway business from it.
  • nelsonxurnelsonxur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah hopefully at bare minimum it will function via a tablet or phone browser, but native apps are always better. I would love getting a notification saying an auction ended.

Hm just realized my hero of the north title isn't showing up.
  • redshift2k5redshift2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    the guardian/hero forum tags are not automatic. go to your user control panel http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/usercp.php
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From what the voices tell me it will be an app....soon TM
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • palpiterpalpiter Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    does it have to be an app?
    as far as i know you can access websites from smartphones/tablets etc. too... and since it would require an internet-connection either way it should make no big difference.
  • namodiasnamodias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i did not get the ingame mail directing me to the gateway can someone please share the url so I can access it
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gateway.playneverwinter.com ?
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you don't realy need an app when you can just run safari and the website ;p
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Everone saying you don't need an app... yes, you don't. The mobile browser works great, since there is a mobile version of the site. HOWEVER having an app would provide notifications (as was stated a page back). You know, like your phone buzzes when your crafting is complete so you can queue up another, or when an auction is won or if you're outbid, etc.

Notifications are your friend.
  • nelsonxurnelsonxur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mmmm notifications
  • whipshockwhipshock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For some reason, I cannot claim rewards and queue stuff up properly using an Android device with the gateway. I hope they fix that. Sure would help get some stuff done onthe go. An Android app wouldn't hurt either.
  • txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    whipshock wrote: »
    For some reason, I cannot claim rewards and queue stuff up properly using an Android device with the gateway. I hope they fix that. Sure would help get some stuff done onthe go. An Android app wouldn't hurt either.

Same issue here. I'm using Chrome on a Galaxy S2.
    Waiting for paladins...
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    whipshock wrote: »

Same problem on IPad, iPhone and Galaxy Tab
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What IS the Gateway?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully the gateway will on my phone and ipad!
    edited April 2013
    What IS the Gateway?
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What IS the Gateway?

Allows us to craft, bid/post auctions and mail players via a website. We can view what we're wearing too.

mmmm notifications.. i mean braiiinnns.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
    edited April 2013
    That sounds cool as mud. What's the link please?
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    But it's offline atm obviously.

There were some serious issues with Safari and touchscreens so I do hope they release an app.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for the link. Will it go live on the 25th or the 30th? Or later?
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for the link. Will it go live on the 25th or the 30th? Or later?

should, yes.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • kikakuniakikakunia Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait for it
  • bblondiabblondia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    palpiter wrote: »
    does it have to be an app?
    as far as i know you can access websites from smartphones/tablets etc. too... and since it would require an internet-connection either way it should make no big difference.

The problem on the iPad is that not all the radio buttons work when on the web page. When I log into the website via safari or atomic web I can't collect my profession reward and start my next task. It's irritating a bit but oh well. Has anyone found a work around for the iPad?
  • delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I have this issue on my iphone with chrome. Press collect, and it never collects.
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • shielgardinshielgardin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bblondia wrote: »
    The problem on the iPad is that not all the radio buttons work when on the web page. When I log into the website via safari or atomic web I can't collect my profession reward and start my next task. It's irritating a bit but oh well. Has anyone found a work around for the iPad?

I see this question is raised by several people.
    Clicking doesn't seem to work properly on every button on the interface from touch screens.

It's the same to me.

Can I echo a recent poster in another thread and ask for an official sticky about "Tablet issues" with instructions or "wait out guys we're fixing it".
  • maderiamaderia Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    Allows us to craft, bid/post auctions and mail players via a website. We can view what we're wearing too.

mmmm notifications.. i mean braiiinnns.

I too tried on 3 different ios browers today. None allowed me to claim rewards for professions. I could see everything fine. So yes, and app would be nice eventually.
  • vynndrasanvynndrasan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the gateway does not work for me at all on any platform i can login and see my character but nothing happens when i click on it
    edited April 2013
    Is there any way to view your backpack/bags?
    Also why does it always say that my AC is always 0?