test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will we be able to import out own music?

morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
/mutter *our
Hate to bring up another game here, but GW2 has managed to allow importing of the players own music into their game. Wondering if PW/cryptic know of this feature and if they have any plans to allow this later. Have to ask as music has a major impact on a large number of people and can greatly improve gameplay experience.
If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
Post edited by morvek01 on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I was expecting this to be a Foundry question.

I can virtually promise this isn't being looked into. There's a lot of other work which has to get done before such a feature could/should be added.
    I'll ask the CM's just to make sure but I would be highly, highly surprised. :)

Music does play a major role and I am sure the developers agree...
    But it's just not important, in my opinion, compared to their already long to do list.

Suggest it in the suggestions forums. ;)
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Why wouldn't you just disable game music, and play whatever you like from your stereo..?
  • Options
    alphamulealphamule Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you just disable game music, and play whatever you like from your stereo..?

Think this man hit the nail right on the head with this answer. I would just use my computer sound for Vent/TS and my stero for anything else. Would seem good for others tho I assume if they do not participate in team building expirences in game.
    4.jpg
  • Options
    colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Or you can just use iTunes, Pandora, Spotify, etc.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In Champions Online they have an in-game player that links to WinAmp and iTunes and allows you access to those music libraries and play your own music. I don't know if NW will also have this. I didn't look during CB.