test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we be able to import out own music?

morvek01morvek01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
/mutter *our
Hate to bring up another game here, but GW2 has managed to allow importing of the players own music into their game. Wondering if PW/cryptic know of this feature and if they have any plans to allow this later. Have to ask as music has a major impact on a large number of people and can greatly improve gameplay experience.
If you can't be constructive in your criticism, go back to world-of-whiners.
Post edited by morvek01 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I was expecting this to be a Foundry question.

I can virtually promise this isn't being looked into. There's a lot of other work which has to get done before such a feature could/should be added.
    I'll ask the CM's just to make sure but I would be highly, highly surprised. :)

Music does play a major role and I am sure the developers agree...
    But it's just not important, in my opinion, compared to their already long to do list.

Suggest it in the suggestions forums. ;)
  • xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Why wouldn't you just disable game music, and play whatever you like from your stereo..?
  • alphamulealphamule Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you just disable game music, and play whatever you like from your stereo..?

Think this man hit the nail right on the head with this answer. I would just use my computer sound for Vent/TS and my stero for anything else. Would seem good for others tho I assume if they do not participate in team building expirences in game.
    4.jpg
  • colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Or you can just use iTunes, Pandora, Spotify, etc.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In Champions Online they have an in-game player that links to WinAmp and iTunes and allows you access to those music libraries and play your own music. I don't know if NW will also have this. I didn't look during CB.