test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Had to Refund Hero of the North

stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I love this game deeply but somehow my monitor just broke I guess and stopped working. Now im on my iPad waiting for my money to buy a new monitor to play :( Sucks so much...

So you guys in game on the 30th!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you have any children you can sell? Anything? Is your TV capable of being a monitor?
  • Options
    stringsestringse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 63
    edited April 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Do you have any children you can sell? Anything? Is your TV capable of being a monitor?
    My Tv is capable of being a monitor but the resolution looks horrible even on the correct settings...LG's these days.
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First World Problems, I hear ya!
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you really refund your HotN? I would love to do this as well.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    Can you really refund your HotN? I would love to do this as well.
    Yes sir just ask in support...but dont do it give it to me!
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, we could all have bought founders packs to get access to BW4, and then asked for a refund afterwards?
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    So, we could all have bought founders packs to get access to BW4, and then asked for a refund afterwards?

It is a shady tactic, but yea, people still get away with this (not saying all who refunded do it intentionally), but at least they have good customer service that lets you refund a product you are dissatisfied with.

Sorry about your bad fortune Stringse. Cya in game!

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    It is a shady tactic, but yea, people still get away with this (not saying all who refunded do it intentionally), but at least they have good customer service that lets you refund a product you are dissatisfied with.

Sorry about your bad fortune Stringse. Cya in game!

Cheers!

Yeah, I was too naive, or innocent, to even think of this. But it is a good CS to still provide refunds on the packs when, in all fairness, BW4 could be considered they are now 'used'.

OP, at least you'll get in on the 30th, there are still many of us about who are looking forward to the day :) (Hope you get your monitor fixed / replace in time).
  • Options
    mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    mutley1984 wrote: »
    This amuses me, when have you ever been able to return computer games because it 'isn't for me'... You bought the pack just like with any other game no knowing what it would be like. You, I'm guessing used the beta access portion of your purchase else you wouldn't know what the games like and now you expect a refund...

Take ownership of your actions people.

I know this doesn't directly apply to OP but the sentiment remains the same.
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for that kind sir! I hope they refund me as well and everyone who plays enjoys the game immensely!
    2.jpg
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The refund tactic may not be available much longer (and yes I get there are some legitimate reasons) MHO recently had this available but so many people basically "beat" (whatever that means in a MMO) the game in beta and decided they wanted a refund after...so many tried this in fact that now all sales are final. TSW had the same thing happen.

It's awesome that Cryptic would do this, it shows they care about the customers being happy, but it's not smart in a business sense.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!