test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will your preferred main character be available at launch?

Comments

• Options
    pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And, yes, It would be a blast to multiclass a rogue. I dearly loved my fighter-thief in the table-top games.
  • Options
    beefumbeefum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where is my ranger that can shoot the bow and dual wield???
  • Options
    beefumbeefum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kurtz0619 wrote: »
    I think its horrible that they have started the game with specc'd classes suck as 'control' wizard or 'devoted' cleric. Just leave is vanilla so we can build like we want. I played war wizard in D&D. I have no interest in playing a control wizard. I also find the information they have on classes to be very cryptic...you have to hunt the forums etc. Why not have an easier place to find info on classes and how the system works?

Totally man! This spec'd class stuff is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... leave the class open and let people mold them down the paths they please!!!!

And they definitely need to update the site. They don't have an area anywhere devoted to the classes and the races don't spell out racial bonuses for all...
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Voted No because, I really want to be a Dragonborn Warlord **** it. We need more leaders and defenders, and then maybe one extra controller before we get more strikers.
  • Options
    libertine17libertine17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Call me a traditionalist, but my main will be a human guardian, love that sword and shield.
  • Options
    ganndogganndog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One can only hope that all the whiners, the griefers, the mutant expecters get bored quickly and return from whence they come, so I can be a fanboi in peace, and enjoy the game for all it has to offer now, and for whatever class may come in the future, like a sorc or pally. I'll just be happy either way. Thank you devs.
    'Get me out of this hell hole.'
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bard! I want bard!
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I voted no.

At least from what I can tell with so little knowledge of the game,I will not be able to construct a Lawfull evil Drow Melee based cleric of Lolth.

I'll persevere with the HOTN Drow and Devote Cleric on the 25th,but I'll be uneasy with being a renegade as I'd rather be part of the Drow society.
  • Options
    greyhomergreyhomer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    What? No blue Smurfs? Pitty I wanna play a hatefull Black Smurf.............:D
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, neither the class nor the race I would wish to play at launch will be available. I would prefer to play and RP a Drow melee cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    pixalorpixalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, I want to play a ranger when it becomes available, and my alt will be a healer type or Rogue
  • Options
    jonrobinjonrobin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My favourite has always been a range damage ranger. I love the bow as a weapon, and even though in certain games (EQ1 for example) the ranger can be kind of a "designated corpse", I still enjoyed playing them. jr
  • Options
    stwhmstwhm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this is a huge problem actually. The only reason I haven't bought a 200$ founders pack is because there seemingly isn't a monk class. Which I find odd since its one of the most popular classes in DDO even though it is a premium class.
  • Options
    rufusscipio23rufusscipio23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm looking for an assaulting swordmage, something decently durable, with good dps and useful spells to add to the show.
  • Options
    daxbishopdaxbishop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I would've loved to play a Ranger or a Druid, or any nature/wilds based build. Will stick with Cleric @ start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    my preferred main is a rogue, though its EXTREMELY lame that i'm the same Paragon as everyone else....totally sucktastic. Gawd where has variety gone, guess its bad to have thoughts and opinions in this communist world we live in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nachtwind81nachtwind81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No, waiting for a Ranger.
  • Options
    mervdegriffmervdegriff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    galthis wrote: »
    At launch a build that I would prefer to play will not be available. ... However, it will get relegated to crafting alt/mule status once ... I am interested to see how many players will or will not be playing their preferred 'main' character at launch...

Yep, I want a primal druid. My class of choice for 4th ed. D&D is om nom nom critter. Plain and simple.

Wait it was that in 3rd/3.5 as well... OM NOM NOM NOM Balance!
  • Options
    tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know, I went into each beta thinking I was going to play something "in the mean time" and ended up loving what ever I was playing. I almost never play thief-type characters, but now the TR is my favorite. would I prefer to roll a Drow TR? maybe, but then I fell in love with my Half-Orc TR. just seemed amusing to me to be running around as a 6'6" half-orc - that's a rogue.

so yeah, I'm not even sure, at this point, what my "main" character will even be!
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    Main here will be a ranged dps Ranger/Targeteer/Marksman. I've always loved arrow flight in MMOs.
  • Options
    lordvargar111lordvargar111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want a paladin.
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same. I played a Paladin waaaaay back when I played P&P D&D as well as in DDO. I'd like to play one here as well. Maybe a monk. But I do have to say that, despite the complaints I'm hearing about Guardian Fighter threat, it's possibly the best sword & board combat I've played in an MMO yet and it'll probably be my main.
  • Options
    grimorkingrimorkin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I voted no at the moment, mainly because I usually end up being a tank but a straight up sword and board fighter is just a bit too plain for me. I prefer my tankyness with a bit of spice. Something like a shielding swordmage would do nicely, though.
    Swordmage.jpg
  • Options
    darkfiretimdarkfiretim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll play the game and be happy, but as they've said multi-classing and hybrid-classing are not on the table at this time. It is doubtful I'll ever get my elven tele-duelist or warlock-assassin shadow blade.
  • Options
    tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I want a paladin.

OK yes, this, I wish I could be a paladin.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'll play the game and be happy, but as they've said multi-classing and hybrid-classing are not on the table at this time. It is doubtful I'll ever get my elven tele-duelist or warlock-assassin shadow blade.

(guess we'll have to wait until TESO for that.)
  • Options
    silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Regardless, there are far too few classes and paragon options for launch. All technical bugs aside, I feel this is the biggest failing of NWO.
  • Options
    squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    My vote is on the Two-Weapon Fighter Ranger. The rogue is an excellent substitute in the mean time.

I also enjoy the range aspect in MMO's so will be content with the Archer Ranger in the future (assuming arrival at some point).

The classes i've played were all fun and enjoyable! (GWF, Cleric, CW, Rogue)
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    I have voted no, even though i may end up with a control wizard - i would just prefer something with a little more.... pewpew.
  • Options
    lysylyalysylya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's enough class options for me to be happy. If the game only launched with tanks, I'd probably say No, I'm not happy; but I can make any of the classes work.

I'll probably play a character solo and another with friends, and they might be the same class or whatever we need for the group.

Looking forward to launch.
    Veteran MMO player; Veteran D&D Player
    From M59, UO EQ, & DaoC to the present