test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You Cryptic/PW for BW4!

soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Finally got a good chance to play heavy on this one. Worked my DC up to 28 and maxed out my starter companion to 15. Messed with dyes, crafting and even goofed off on the AD exchange making an estimated whopping 1300 Zen lol. Also checked out the Moonstone Mask and had some spiffy duds on. Only ran into one bug with those silly Red Wizards of Thay.... well Wizard, I only saw one. Otherwise an EXTREMELY great time. While i will be sad to see the deletion of the character I know that I can now at least speed up my route to 28 and beyond.

So thanks, see you guys on open beta! Keep up the good work and remember the very small (IE One Guy/Gal) minority on here that seem to find ways to speak negative are exactly that... minor. The folks that play and have a great time are the ones who generally stay silent.

Thanks!
Post edited by soiledostrich on

Comments

• Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had a great time in this BW4, not a lot of time, but good none the less.

A few bugs, boss vanishing into thin air like the Red Wizard (yeh, me too :) ) blocking the quest advancement, not too ofen but enough to be annoying, and sound crashing, music and combat effect.

I have only played the control wizard and the great weapon fighter this time, no comment for the first one, no big change in the gameplay with the new system, but for the second one ... the gameplay is totally different.

But beyond that, great time, the crafting system was interesting and original (for me), the foundry quest "I am slayer" was really nice (congratulations to the creator), the healer companion his ... well ... very good, kind of essential for the GWF if you do not want to live on potion intravenously. :)

Anyway, thank you for the work an the game.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    ganndogganndog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wish I had a screen shot of Effreet transforming into the dragolich at the end of BW4 and all the players gathered together to celebrate...anyone take one? Thanks very much for a fun filled weekend - much appreciated; looking forward to the game starting soon.
    'Get me out of this hell hole.'
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited April 2013
    screenshot_2013-04-15-01-00-06_zps5051a88e.jpg

Yes, thank you! Looking forward to Open Beta! :)
  • Options
    eternalighteternalight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    likewise!
    UIqd8Me.jpg
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    great stuff!!! thanks a bunch cryptic!! and the community team and all involved!!

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"
  • Options
    vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A thank you from me also, now i need to find something to play til open beta!
  • Options
    xphantasmxxphantasmx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Aye thanks for the "Extra Beta"!!Now back to work!! I have my fingers crossed for a Warlock at launch :) ...........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunsfire2004sunsfire2004 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    yes thank you for bw4 was nice seeing all new stuff and changes and g8 to see your reading player posts and changing stuff that needs it
  • Options
    bad1701bad1701 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    2 weeks to wait til I can play again...ugh.

Thanks for the weekend fun! See you all for Open Beta!
    Thank you Cryptic for a great time and great game!
  • Options
    grimorkingrimorkin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bad1701 wrote: »
    2 weeks to wait til I can play again...ugh.

Thanks for the weekend fun! See you all for Open Beta!
    Thank you Cryptic for a great time and great game!

It's going to be one of the longest 2 weeks for a lot of people, I think.

BW4 was the first one I managed to get into and I too had a great laugh. It's a great game so far. Certainly not perfect, I logged a fair few bugs. As long as Cryptic and Perfectworld keep up the good work it's going to be mammoth!

P.S. Moar classes, plz. :)
    P.P.S. Shielding Swordmage. Hint, hint.
    Swordmage.jpg
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't forget to ask for the Bard class, if that's your thang!!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had great fun this weekend. The game needs more of... well, everything. More races, more classes, more paragon paths, more types of weapons and armor. BUT, and this is important, it's a fun game as is and a solid foundation for whatever they decide to add to it.
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    grimorkin wrote: »
    P.P.S. Shielding Swordmage. Hint, hint.

Is that the tanking MAGE!!! Would love to see this!!!! I just want to be a mage with a sword also, don't know anything of DnD but Sword+Mage=COOLNESS!
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Is that the tanking MAGE!!! Would love to see this!!!! I just want to be a mage with a sword also, don't know anything of DnD but Sword+Mage=COOLNESS!

Yes, yes it is. And that would be awesome.

From the book itself:
    You protect your allies with magical shields of force—and by keeping enemies away from them. This heritage is embodied by the Coronal Guard tradition , a discipline that can be traced over a thousand years to the armathors, the elite guards of the coronal of Myth Drannor.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    aurelploufaurelplouf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited April 2013
    It was great! Thank you for the BW4. I can't wait for the Open beta!
  • Options
    fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013
    maybe there will be bw5? for find and report more bugs :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    fredbakan wrote: »
    maybe there will be bw5? for find and report more bugs :)

I'm betting no, because their pattern so far has been a beta weekend every 2 weeks, and 10 days from now is Hero of the North early start.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    vassilizaitsevvassilizaitsev Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also would like to say thank you to the dev. I absolutely had a great time playing these last 4 beta weekends. I will continue to play on open beta. I just hope Cryptic takes the advise from these forums and lowers some of there Zen and AD prices. I think this weekend they did a really good job with the identify scrolls. Thanks again for the fun!
  • Options
    redstonedawnredstonedawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you, thank you, a million times, thank you.
  • Options
    horsepophorsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I haven't played during the other beta weekends but I must say that I had a blast playing this weekend. Great game so far and only got better as I levelled up
  • Options
    valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My first beta for this game. Final answer "tons o buggy fun".
  • Options
    crypticmapoliscrypticmapolis Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 240 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Finally got a good chance to play heavy on this one. Worked my DC up to 28 and maxed out my starter companion to 15. Messed with dyes, crafting and even goofed off on the AD exchange making an estimated whopping 1300 Zen lol. Also checked out the Moonstone Mask and had some spiffy duds on. Only ran into one bug with those silly Red Wizards of Thay.... well Wizard, I only saw one. Otherwise an EXTREMELY great time. While i will be sad to see the deletion of the character I know that I can now at least speed up my route to 28 and beyond.

So thanks, see you guys on open beta! Keep up the good work and remember the very small (IE One Guy/Gal) minority on here that seem to find ways to speak negative are exactly that... minor. The folks that play and have a great time are the ones who generally stay silent.

Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it! May I suggest you try some Foundry content to mix up your trip to level 28 next time? All of the outstanding content our Foundry authors have made will be available at launch with full rewards :)
  • Options
    goodoloakgoodoloak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah had a bast, thanks! :)
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited April 2013
    I agree, thanks Cryptic for BW4. As much as I disagreed with some changes, it was nice to see all you've worked on thus far. Can't wait for open beta and the game going live.
  • Options
    ravenhawk1ravenhawk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Discovered the joy of the dwarven Guardian Fighter class this BW4 beta and more fun playing that character I expected I ever would. Very, very excited and looking forward to Open Beta.
  • Options
    erideitaerideita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 304
    edited April 2013
    All of the outstanding content our Foundry authors have made will be available at launch with full rewards :)
    "Full rewards" as in actual rewards at the end of the quests? Or do you mean rewards for the creators?
  • Options
    soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Glad you enjoyed it! May I suggest you try some Foundry content to mix up your trip to level 28 next time? All of the outstanding content our Foundry authors have made will be available at launch with full rewards :)

Didn't add that as I couldn't remember the names! I did play a few of the spotlight missions. Was fun and look forward to trying out creation too. Dungeons of Dread? Super dark quest chain. I think there were two instance missions in the line. Good fun and well laid out, I did like being able to sneak over walls using items placed hopefully for that purpose. :)
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The folks that play and have a great time are the ones who generally stay silent.

Thanks!

I /agree! And I also thank you, Cryptic. Awesome work!