test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to get a refund for this game since it hasn't come out?

giantdoggiantdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was wondering if there's a way to get a refund for your pre-order.
Post edited by giantdog on

Comments

• nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    there is no preorder, there is the packs...if you bought it you probably allready used it to play the 4th beta, so i assume no...but youre really asking the wrong people - would be better suited for the customer service...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you want a refund because the game isnt out yet? Or because you have an issue with the game itself? I generally expect a bit more substance in ones ranting. This one is a tad lacking.
  • giantdoggiantdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Do you want a refund because the game isnt out yet? Or because you have an issue with the game itself? I generally expect a bit more substance in ones ranting. This one is a tad lacking.

I'd like a refund because the game seems too expensive for most people and I don't really see the game having much of a future with the way zen prices are. When I think of the f2p model their goal should be to have enough cool things out that the average player will probably spend 10-15 dollars a month buying little things here and there. With the crazy prices as they are now. None of my friends would be able to afford this game. The respecs are 5 bucks a pop. Lets say you want to pvp = 5 bucks for a respec. Doing a PVE dungeon = 5 bucks for a respec. Your friends are offline and you want to solo = 5 bucks to respec. I can think of like 20 reasons that I would respec like 4-5 times a day.
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    People need to stop thinking of this game liek other MMOs.. this isn't WoW or Rift. There is no need to respec every time you want to do something.
  • giantdoggiantdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People need to stop thinking of this game liek other MMOs.. this isn't WoW or Rift. There is no need to respec every time you want to do something.

I'm not really sure why you don't seem to think respecs are needed. The powers you would want for say pvp are completely different than say what you would want if you're running instances with your friends and healing. (this is from the perspective of a cleric).
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    giantdog wrote: »
    I'm not really sure why you don't seem to think respecs are needed. The powers you would want for say pvp are completely different than say what you would want if you're running instances with your friends and healing. (this is from the perspective of a cleric).

So just make a character for each "Spec" that want to specialize in.
  • nastyvixennastyvixen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

If your talking about paragon path......THEN HELL YES. wth. it takes about what 30 hours total play to get to 50+ and thats actually longer then alot will do it in. SO WHAT. Just stunning what people expect handed to them on a platter these days.
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »

When I play a character I mainly play that one character. I get into that character and don't play alts or anything. It ruins the immersion of the game for me if I have to log on a different toon for each aspect of the game. That seems silly to me. Again, this is my play style, but I'm sure there are other people out there who don't want to make a new character for each different spec line.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'd like a refund because the game seems too expensive for most people and I don't really see the game having much of a future with the way zen prices are. When I think of the f2p model their goal should be to have enough cool things out that the average player will probably spend 10-15 dollars a month buying little things here and there. With the crazy prices as they are now. None of my friends would be able to afford this game. The respecs are 5 bucks a pop. Lets say you want to pvp = 5 bucks for a respec. Doing a PVE dungeon = 5 bucks for a respec. Your friends are offline and you want to solo = 5 bucks to respec. I can think of like 20 reasons that I would respec like 4-5 times a day.

So you cant afford FREE?

Or is it you want all the goodies but feel that you shouldn't have to pay for them?

Me thinks its the latter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nastyvixen wrote: »
    If your talking about paragon path......THEN HELL YES. wth. it takes about what 30 hours total play to get to 50+ and thats actually longer then alot will do it in. SO WHAT. Just stunning what people expect handed to them on a platter these days.
    Indeed. Guild Wars 2 is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> casual care bear game and this is not a extremely casual game lol. I started playing WOW slightly before Wrath expansion. During my levelup Wrath was released... and as hardcore gamer it took me 6 months to reach max level(80), but I also did low level PvP and crafting which made it slower. Hardcore as in 40 hours/week playing and no I am not unemployed and I work full time. Of course there are exceptions and I like summer and sports and when I watch for example great sports events like foot ball World tournament in 2014 or when I go abroad for holiday I do not play computer games.

30 hours is NOTHING! This is maybe not so hardcore as WOW in power progression, but certainly not a casual care bear game like Guild Wars 2. If you get bored on Cryptic main campaign/quests then there are always new Foundry content for levelup.
    When I play a character I mainly play that one character. I get into that character and don't play alts or anything. It ruins the immersion of the game for me if I have to log on a different toon for each aspect of the game. That seems silly to me. Again, this is my play style, but I'm sure there are other people out there who don't want to make a new character for each different spec line.
    Well I have not paid, but I do admit that you present a valid problem. While I am roleplayer I am also even more powergamer and also a WOW veteran.

Look it is not perfect, but I have payed more then 500 euro for WOW and considering that you still can play this game for free it is amazing.

It does not help to start a thread "I want a refund". You better ask Cryptic Customer support about such things and no I do not have their contact information such things I search if I have a problem.

A much more constructive thread would be "Cryptic please change respec of character can be bought with AD instead of ZEN". If you create such a thread maybe it gets more attention and maybe(not sure!) they make changes.

I made an oriental test which divides people to stone, water, fire or air. I was crystal clear water. As my strong point was my willingness to adapt.

As a free gamer that like both PvE and PvP the solution is really to create one PvP and one PvP character. Soloing and Foundry content is usually not that hard. I am quite sure you can even with a PvP spec get to max level even though maybe it is slightly more challenge. I am also less disturbed by this news since I am hardcore gamer and for love of god I have never had only one character. In WOW I had 3 characters and there was not a ONE main character! Ok I actually considered one of my characters more like an alt, but I don't get that much attached to a character that I only play with one character. Finally you really do not need a spec for soloing lol... even a "PvP" spec can solo.
  • blooddathblooddath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish I could, it's just a pathetic money grab.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    not to troll or anything but since when was WoW hardcore? lvling up in that game was cake lol took me less than 40 total hours played to reach max lvl with my orc warrior, which was 70 since WoTLK hadn't come out. But i see what he's talking about, he's probably played EQ2 where yes every time you want to do something else time to shell out Platinum to do so (hence why they implemented the AA mirrors).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i don't see the big deal, at max level you can still only equip 3 encounter powers... i'm sure you have enough points to max out 6 powers (18pts total over 60) even in the case you want 0 overlap between your pvp powers and pve ones.

let's say you will use 1 at will in both scenarios and 1 as a swap between the 2: that's 3 at wills.
    6 encounter powers total
    probably daily powers would be the same but let's still assume you want 3.

that's 36 points to max all of that, leaving 24 to max a couple of other stuff. do you -really- need to respec so bad when you switch between pvp and pve?

as far as feats go instaed you can already respec those paying AD.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    i don't see the big deal, at max level you can still only equip 3 encounter powers... i'm sure you have enough points to max out 6 powers (18pts total over 60) even in the case you want 0 overlap between your pvp powers and pve ones.

let's say you will use 1 at will in both scenarios and 1 as a swap between the 2: that's 3 at wills.
    6 encounter powers total
    probably daily powers would be the same but let's still assume you want 3.

that's 36 points to max all of that, leaving 24 to max a couple of other stuff. do you -really- need to respec so bad when you switch between pvp and pve?

as far as feats go instaed you can already respec those paying AD.

i don't think its the powers he's complaining about, i think its the feat points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silvernine84silvernine84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yes, it is possible for a refund. Contact customer service and tell them that you want a refund. Further, you have certain consumer rights as a credit card holder. If a company refuses you a refund, you could always do a credit card charge back, though it is unlikely PWE would allow you to buy things in its games in the future. I think PWE will give you a refund if you ask, though.
    Hadekin Unavailable
    Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators,
    The Boss of the Applesauce, Dwarven Cleric Extraordinaire...

Hadekin.jpg
    Athkatla Arranaur, eat your heart out you gelatinous giant rat!
  • bedroomjesusbedroomjesus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Just click Support at the top of the page. Then click Contact Us. Ask for a refund. I did this 2 days ago and got my money back yesterday.
  • buz1buz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes the cash shop is a little steep but you gotta think that this is beta so they'l probably change it at release + since we have a mission editor Cryptic cant charge for new quests and map packs as much as other MMO's (just look at DDO ever door you try to open says you have to buy the quest it totally ruins immersion) so bear with it a bit longer it might get better
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I apologize, these forums are not the place for Billing Support. Please contact Supporteither through the Support link up top this web site or email customerservice@perfectworld.com - because we cannot offer Forum Support for Billing issues, I am closing this down as well as to prevent any misinformation. Support will be able to answer any related Billing Inquiries.
This discussion has been closed.