test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Doomguides bugged

Comments

• Options
    ruviwynruviwyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    valdorax wrote: »
    Ok guys these are the exact instructions that work as they've been confirmed by multiple others and they worked for me as well:

1. Go through cut scene, go into room, kll all adds first, then kill red wizard.

2. Stand on center tile in the middle of circle, then log out and back in.

3. You will be floating in green space. Kill any mobs you see. Sometimes you must move around a bit to see the mobs floating around.

4. Use /killme then "defeat me" button to go back to the beginning of instance.

5. Go back to crypt. Kill any mobs you see again in the room.

6. Log out and back in from the center tile again.

7. Kill any remaining mobs floating in green space.

8. At either step 3 or step 8 you should see the yellow quest completed text which tells you that portion of the quest is complete.

9. If not, repeat steps 2-4 again until it completes.

10. At whichever point it says complete you will still need to use /killme > defeat me and go back into crypt again to finally pick up the chest that completes the entire quest.

11. Once that occurs, you may now go use the yellow portal that has appeared in the room to go back to the NPC and turn in the quest finally.

Hope this helps.

This worked perfectly, thanks for the steps.
  • Options
    codexenacodexena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Me and a friend did this without the previous steps when one stays in the room and the other goes to the underworld (under map). We only had to do this once when we did this approach. The one on top will kill adds as they come in.
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Fixes not working for me no matter how many times. Why is this not been addressed yet?
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rh97969 wrote: »
    Fixes not working for me no matter how many times. Why is this not been addressed yet?

Keep trying. I have done it over a dozen times before I finally get the quest update. My last 4 runs between step 2-4 was without a companion.

You know the funny part is, after you finish it and run all the quest in the southern part map you need to run another starter quest for the eastern part chain and surprise same problem there. Mobs fall through floor for the last crypt quest.

Lucky my lvl was high enough, thanks to 2.5lvls running foundry content so I could move to the next zone. :p
  • Options
    squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok guys these are the exact instructions that work as they've been confirmed by multiple others and they worked for me as well:

1. Go through cut scene, go into room, kll all adds first, then kill red wizard.

2. Stand on center tile in the middle of circle, then log out and back in.

3. You will be floating in green space. Kill any mobs you see. Sometimes you must move around a bit to see the mobs floating around.

4. Use /killme then "defeat me" button to go back to the beginning of instance.

5. Go back to crypt. Kill any mobs you see again in the room.

6. Log out and back in from the center tile again.

7. Kill any remaining mobs floating in green space.

8. At either step 3 or step 8 you should see the yellow quest completed text which tells you that portion of the quest is complete.

9. If not, repeat steps 2-4 again until it completes.

10. At whichever point it says complete you will still need to use /killme > defeat me and go back into crypt again to finally pick up the chest that completes the entire quest.

11. Once that occurs, you may now go use the yellow portal that has appeared in the room to go back to the NPC and turn in the quest finally.

Hope this helps.

This worked for me too, it took a bit but finally i've done it. One little tip, my main trouble was with one of the adds in the room of the red wizard, the archer on the left precisly, u need to oneshot him or he will dissapear after one hit.
    lhytav2.png
  • Options
    valdoraxvaldorax Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm glad my steps helped you guys and that you got it figured out. I can't take sole credit, but I hadn't seen a thorough step by step anywhere and the people I tried to explain it to online were just getting more confused which is why I did it. But if PWE would simply fix the problem, we wouldn't need these kinds of steps. I'm sure they are going to, but it still seems strange to me that it's been this way for so long without a fix. Fortunately we seem to have a strong community that can help strategize and work around these sort of things, a community I hope grows ever more solid in the coming days. Community is the back bone of any good MMO.

Happy trails!

--Val
  • Options
    txhawktxhawk Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but:

Any 'named' mob that you have to kill as a quest objective will despawn if it loses LOS to you. Don't let that happen.
    Waiting for paladins...
  • Options
    sheepdog3sheepdog3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    Thank you for documenting this, Adventurers! It has been reported to the appropriate Powers that Be.

Here's what's happening: in any quest, if you attack the baddies before triggering the cutscene, it breaks the quest (not working as intended).

What you can do: drop the quest, run back to the quest giver, try again.

If you have the golden path on and you see the big yellow sparklies in a portal shape, walk through that before you engage the enemy.

Thanks!

Sorry this doesn't work, at least it hasn't for my wizard....I have tried this 4 times....and at this point not playing my Wiz anymore as I cant get any other quests other than Foundry quests.
    "We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world...The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog...He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep...Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep...Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
  • Options
    summersdaesummersdae Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This definitely needs to be fixed before open beta, shouldn't have to log in log out <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to finish quest. :(
  • Options
    drakkonjdrakkonj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dismiss your companion. I tried for an hour to make this work, then dismissed my companion and it immediately worked.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tried using that method, every time i logoff and come back i get two gnoll lackeys then i go to the crypt and there is those two same gnoll lackeys in the room. Did this like 6 times and its always those two gnolls there, how many more time do i need to waste trying to finish this?

They probably should have disabled this quest by saturday since we are sunday afternoon and its still bugged and blocking progression.

Edit: Fixed, took me god knows how many times.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah you have to kill the ones in the room again, but if you log out/back in to get under the world, you should still see mobs under there you need to kill. It's the killing of these "hidden" mobs that completes the quest, not just killing the one's in the room again.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Take part in this Poll regarding broken quests... maybe this will get their attention?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...-broken-quests!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OK here is another step by step work around for the Dragon Attack quest (in addition to Missing Doomguides) but this one is a bit different. Not as much to it and no need to log out. It's pretty simple actually and it has worked for me as well as two other people I know:

1. If the first quest did not complete, abandon quest and accept it again.

2. Work your way through the entire instance and crypts, killing all mobs in your path.

3. When you get the the last room, be sure to kill the mobs in the CENTER of the room where they stand as you come into the room. This is important because if you do it right, no mobs will fall under the map. If the mobs happen to fall under the map, you can log out/back in to go under the map as well, but the mobs are unreachable, at least they were for us.

4. After killing mobs in center of the room, be sure to approach the crypt from the LEFT side. For some reason doing this will trigger the crypt to explode and the NPC will emerge and you can talk to her to complete the quest.

5. Loot the chest and quest will complete. You may need to do this more than once to make sure mobs are killed in the center of the room.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We ended up dismissing our companions and then one of us did the log out, relog thing. It took a bit of looking around before finding the teleported mobs, but we finally got it to work. I'm glad I came back to this thread to continue reading and seeing the various things ya'll tried out.
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the post on the work around valdorax. I had to repeat your first steps 5 times in order for it clear.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    No problem, here to help.
  • Options
    retroisiretroisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These all solutions are nice, but what about those open beta players who hasn't been there to experience that problem?
    I've been there and done that. But open beta is on it's way...
    (Did i miss something said earlier?)
    H-bomb = Revenge of the Dungeon Master
  • Options
    hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    it isnt a gap what you do is log out then log right back in when you log back in you end up in a green world of nothing under the instance you can see the mobs that fell threw the floor kill them then do /killme and run back to get chest reward it was the only way i could complete this quest
  • Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This was "that one quest" for me. I've walked through the gate, watched the cutscene, and killed the mook mobs and the wizard. Killed the adds that come screaming into the room from the hall. It failed to progress. Tried three more times (dropping the quest and picking it back up) to the same results.

If I knew about the workaround before the end of the beta weekend, I'd have given that a try (as lengthy as that is). As it was, it is the one quest I've found seriously bugged enough to actually be a Game Breaker. Could not advance the storyline.

I did get amused though, at watching my Cleric pet "teleporting" around the room whenever I got near a wall. She'd fade into thin air, teleport back, fade again, teleport back, and so on. So the holes in the map are real for NPC objects (like kicked pots and mobs).
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Had the quest break too. Only one time did I start the battle before entering the room. Every time after that I entered the room first, as the bug report said to do. Those times the enemies and my companion, apparently randomly, disappeared. The enemies might reappear or I'd have to exit the tomb and go back in. I only managed to kill them all before they disappeared once. I did that by unsummoning my companion before entering the crypt.
  • Options
    maelificaemaelificae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wierd, confusing, dang
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    My best regards,
    Maelificae
  • Options
    zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I could not even get past the Search for more clues segment of the quest. It just owuld not continue the progression past the backpack.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ethoir wrote: »
    This was "that one quest" for me. I've walked through the gate, watched the cutscene, and killed the mook mobs and the wizard. Killed the adds that come screaming into the room from the hall. It failed to progress. Tried three more times (dropping the quest and picking it back up) to the same results.

If I knew about the workaround before the end of the beta weekend, I'd have given that a try (as lengthy as that is). As it was, it is the one quest I've found seriously bugged enough to actually be a Game Breaker. Could not advance the storyline.

I did get amused though, at watching my Cleric pet "teleporting" around the room whenever I got near a wall. She'd fade into thin air, teleport back, fade again, teleport back, and so on. So the holes in the map are real for NPC objects (like kicked pots and mobs).

Actually, the steps seem long, but when you actually do it, it doesn't take that much time at all. But don't worry, I highly doubt this quest will be bugged come open beta. Seriously. I hope I'm not wrong because as much as I don't mind helping, I got seriously tired of having to post the link to my steps in game chat every 5 minutes.
  • Options
    deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    OK here is another step by step work around for the Dragon Attack quest (in addition to Missing Doomguides) but this one is a bit different. Not as much to it and no need to log out. It's pretty simple actually and it has worked for me as well as two other people I know:

1. If the first quest did not complete, abandon quest and accept it again.

2. Work your way through the entire instance and crypts, killing all mobs in your path.

3. When you get the the last room, be sure to kill the mobs in the CENTER of the room where they stand as you come into the room. This is important because if you do it right, no mobs will fall under the map. If the mobs happen to fall under the map, you can log out/back in to go under the map as well, but the mobs are unreachable, at least they were for us.

4. After killing mobs in center of the room, be sure to approach the crypt from the LEFT side. For some reason doing this will trigger the crypt to explode and the NPC will emerge and you can talk to her to complete the quest.

5. Loot the chest and quest will complete. You may need to do this more than once to make sure mobs are killed in the center of the room.

Hope this helps.

OMG why didn't I see this on Sunday. I was so mad at this quest, did it like 5 times before I threw my hands in the air and moved on.
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I sure hope the devs read this whole thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    Would like a response to this thread, since the response during the beta were quite bad. When i ticketed it it told me to do things that i already said i had done, such as enter the area to get the cut scene started etc...
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • Options
    visidiousvisidious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did not appreciate having my ticket status as "resolved" when I had followed all the steps and they did not work, and had done all that before filing the ticket, and my ticket said that the posted solution did not work.

Generally a proper customer service experience has the customer deciding when the issue is resolved.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hmmn. I'm stuck on the Look For More More Clues portion of the this quest.
    I press F on the Abandooned Gear and read the dialogue.
    The skittles keep pointing me back to the Abandoned Gear - which continue to sparkle.

I'm guessing I'm supposed to head southwest and defeat the Deathpledged Gnoll & Huntmaster and then enter the door beneath the banner?
    Or am I missing some other clues somehow???
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    This quest is still bugged? Wow. I seriously would have thought they'd have fixed it by now. Well if you follow the steps exactly as I laid them out, it should still work. The key is to make sure ALL npc's are dead, even the ones "floating" in the green nether region.

Come on Cryptic, how hard can it be to fix the **** quest?
This discussion has been closed.