test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Launcher Bug] Cryptic Error When Pressing Login

qdrntqdrnt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I get an error when I click the login button, whether login information is inputted or not. It says Cryptic Error and makes me submit an error response. I can't login to play at all. Its been doing this since it was first installed.

I've tried running it as administrator..

I'm running this on Windows 8 Pro, 3770k, GTX 670, 16Gb of ram, from an SSD.

Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it? :(

Thanks
Post edited by qdrnt on

Comments

• Options
    altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Well, first of all, no one can play right now, since beta weekend is over.

Though, were you having this issue during the beta?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    What background programs are you running? Shut down all third party applications that are not needed.

Also, just be aware, there is no Beta Testing going on right now. So even if you could get past this error, there is no Beta Server to log into. You should still be able to patch though, so this is peculiar indeed. You may want to file an actual Support Ticket (link up-top every page in this web site).
  • Options
    jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been having an issue similar to this with my client since I first installed it. Clicking the login button with my mouse does nothing. To login via the patcher and play Neverwinter, I have to type my Username and password and then hit the [Enter] key.

Then, on the following screen where the patcher is updating, all I see on the right side of the patcher screen under the "News" listing are five white dots!

Not sure what is causing this bug?
  • Options
    temuchin9999temuchin9999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have the same thing. Been in contact with tech support since BWE2 without success and find the answer here. Shame on you Cryptic.
  • Options
    exhilolexhilol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    I am having the Same issues..... So annoying.. I from Australia. Woke up at 5am to get started but getting error ID:14457539 every time i try login.. very disappointing. Contacted support via email no response yet. :(
  • Options
    whiteshark1985whiteshark1985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have the same problem, teamviewer is bad close him and play! :confused:
  • Options
    eternalrage233eternalrage233 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    teamviwer caused this issue with me, i closed it and now it works fine
    Core i5 2500k
    GA-Z77X-UD3H
    16GB DDR3 800
    Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD
    ATI 7850 ASUS Direct CU II 2GB
  • Options
    temuchin9999temuchin9999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dont hit log-in button! just hit enter twice and you'll bypass this error
  • Options
    lucrelialucrelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem, cryptic error after i hit log button, and your advice with double enter hit doesnt work...
  • Options
    panda1370panda1370 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its open beta
  • Options
    panda1370panda1370 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its open beta there is still issues with this ><
  • Options
    qbossalinieqbossalinie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    teamviwer caused this issue with me, i closed it and now it works fine

I'm confirming that this is the fix for me.
  • Options
    pseudoephedpseudoephed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ye.. i get a cryptic error before i login. I run the shortcut and it opens the error immediatly and has a popup on the righ hand side taskbar.
  • Options
    claudiugcclaudiugc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Teamviewer was the culprit for me, thx for the insight.
  • Options
    rawrbaererawrbaere Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for mentioning teamviewer i run it on both systems once i exited it log in went through perfectly
  • Options
    kayinyho138kayinyho138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have same problem , help me please
  • Options
    kristiinicolekristiinicole Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having this issue with Neverwinter. I don't even get an option to really hit the log in button. It goes straight to the pop up that wants me to link a cryptic account, which I do not even HAVE. It says if I don't have a cryptic account to just click "No" but then it doesn't do anything!