test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clicking on Login does nothing

arriausarriaus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Launch the game, put in my username and password and click the login button and nothing happens. No messages or anything changes on the login screen.

I am running Windows 8 64 bit, firewall is off, running as admin. Intel i7 2.8 ghz, 12gb ram, geforce gts 450

Anyone ideas?
Post edited by arriaus on

Comments

• arriausarriaus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have also tried re-installing and launching using the compatibility mode changes suggested in other threads
  • jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Arriaus, this has also been happening to me since day 1 of installing the client. The login button is absolutely useless!

To get around this, just enter your username and password and the hit the [Enter] or [Return] key and that will bring you to the next patcher screen. On that screen you will see 5 white buttons on the right side of the screen (which I'm assuming is supposed to be something other than 5 white buttons). I just click somewhere in the vicinity of these 5 buttons and then hit the [Enter] or [Return] key again and that brings me into the game.

Cryptic really needs to get on this as there are other threads here where players are complaining they can't login but I presume its that they have no clue that it's just the login button not working. :(
  • vestinious1vestinious1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The login button is and has always worked for me and I just tried it again before making this post.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Please contact Support through the Support Link up top the web site. Just be aware, there is no testing going on now to log into as BW4 hasn't started yet. You should be able to patch up though, so do contact support and keep an eye for updates from Perfect World on the forums.
  • jaderissjaderiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Please contact Support through the Support Link up top the web site. Just be aware, there is no testing going on now to log into as BW4 hasn't started yet. You should be able to patch up though, so do contact support and keep an eye for updates from Perfect World on the forums.

Thanks Zeb.

I am aware that there is no testing atm. I was referring to the weekends when there was. But still, at the very least, play session or not, the login button should be clickable. However, for me it is definitely not.

I will contact support, but maybe the solution will be uninstall re-install type of thing.

Just out of curiosity, does the launcher/patcher work through a particular browser? I'm wondering if the issue is browser related? I am running NoScript on Firefox and have JavaScript blocked by default in my other browsers, ie Google Chrome, Opera, etc. I allow sites on a case-by-case basis. Wondering if that could be the issue with why I can't click on the Login button or can only see 5 white dots on the following screen?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    jaderiss wrote: »
    Thanks Zeb.

I am aware that there is no testing atm. I was referring to the weekends when there was. But still, at the very least, play session or not, the login button should be clickable. However, for me it is definitely not.

I will contact support, but maybe the solution will be uninstall re-install type of thing.

Just out of curiosity, does the launcher/patcher work through a particular browser? I'm wondering if the issue is browser related? I am running NoScript on Firefox and have JavaScript blocked by default in my other browsers, ie Google Chrome, Opera, etc. I allow sites on a case-by-case basis. Wondering if that could be the issue with why I can't click on the Login button or can only see 5 white dots on the following screen?

That may be worth looking into, it might be looking for internet explorer which would then call for any outside Javascript Settings, which you may be blocking. Maybe try switching SunJava back to its default settings then trying it to see if that resolved the issue.