test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D&D groups

libertine17libertine17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
dndgroup_zps463740c4.jpeg
Post edited by libertine17 on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    That so reminds me of my first experience with a mummy...

We had a party of 8. A Paladin, Two Fighters, Cleric, Ranger, Thief, Wizard and I forget the last one...
    We walked up a hill and we found a mummy. We rolled for saving's throws...

After looking at the rolls the DM said "You run back down the hill" or "You're ready to fight."

Six times...SIX TIMES...we rolled for savings throws against fear and seven of the party members ran back down the hill in terror and the last man standing flexing his muscles stated "We got this!!!" before he looked to his left and to his right and run his sorry behind down the hill with the rest of the party.

Eventually the DM said forget it and we just went along fighting it as if the fear mechanic didn't exist rofl!
  • Options
    philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I once played a Paladin who was told to cause a distraction so the rest of the party could sneak past a bunch of brigand. Stephanos cut down the nearest sapling and rode out on his steed, came to the center of the road, and challenged the leader of the brigrands to a joust.

The collective groan from my party members was worth it.

And Stephanos won the joust.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A good D&D group knows when to sneak in a twenty!

*cough*

What?!!
  • Options
    philbe63philbe63 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We also had a running joke that no matter what we always packed rope. We never used it but we always had it in our packs.

Our DM was a stickler for details and insisted we write down what we were bringing on our adventures, supplies, spells, Rope of course. So one time we just bombarded him with all these long lists and then in the fight our mage says "Okay I pull out the B-52 Bomber from my bag of holding." The DM is like "You can't do that..." and we're all like "Hey it's on the list! You approved it!"

It was good for a laugh but ultimately you do not poke the DM, it tends to lead to painful failed rolls.
  • Options
    bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    A good D&D group knows when to sneak in a twenty!

*cough*

What?!!

I played with a group in high school that did that. The DM had ADHD and could not keep track of one conversation, let alone watch the roles of six players constantly. Instead he just put us up against insanely tough stuff because he knew half the group was cheating. Like the great wyrm shadow dragon mount and whatever epic level opponent was riding it. It's been so long I forget if it was a blackguard or lich or something else.