test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Forum Bug] Mobile Style Display (Work-Around Replied)

dungeondelverdungeondelver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Sorry i don't know where to post this, i recently purchased the hero of the north pack and was playing with the forum configuration in an attempt to apply my title "Hero of the North" and i apparently changed to mobile style view, my screen is a complete mess.
In this view i don't see an option to return to the old view because the only button that says "Full Site" goes to a broken URL.

Is there any way an administrator could reset my settings because apparently i can't do this on my own.

Thanks
Post edited by dungeondelver on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Sorry i don't know where to post this, i recently purchased the hero of the north pack and was playing with the forum configuration and i apparently changed to mobile style view, my screen is a complete mess.
    In this view i don't see an option to return to the old view because the only button that says "Full Site" goes to a broken URL.

Is there any way an administrator could reset my settings because apparently i can't do this on my own.

Thanks

Give me a few, there is a specific link you can use to be able to see the setting to switch back. Unfortunately, Mobile layout is very bugged atm. I'll respond with the link as soon as I dig it up.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Here we go, travel to this link:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions&styleid=1
    When on that page, you should then be able to scroll down and re-select the default forum skin.

Please reply here once you have this resolved so I can move this to the Tech section for our Web Team.

Thanks!
  • dungeondelverdungeondelver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 58
    edited April 2013
    Done

Thanks for the help

One more question, how do i get my forum title?

NOTE: Nevermind i already found the answer while searching the forum, again thanks for the quick response.
    edited April 2013
    Done

Thanks for the help

One more question, how do i get my forum title?

NOTE: Nevermind i already found the answer while searching the forum, again thanks for the quick response.
    Most welcome! Glad you were able to get it sorted out and your title too! I apologize for any inconvience the Mobile Style bug has caused. The web team is aware, we do not have an ETA on a fix however.

Update: Moved to Beta Bugs Forum & Renamed Title for Web Team
  • wintersherlynwintersherlyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello dear folks,

I am really excited about Neverwinter and try to participate/read/post in the forums but when during lunch breaks at work, I try to surf and post but I can't even log into the forums as the pop-up window tries to 'realign' itself, it does not even stay on the center of the mobile device.. (by realigning, I mean the pop up window runs off the mobile screen window completely, I can't even attempt to type in login name or password at all ...)

I am using Samsung S3 Phone, tried using Opera, Chrome and still does not work. Totally unable to log in.. Do you have a separate login interface that does not require the pop up which tries to -realign- itself (probably the javascript) and completely spoils things on the mobile phone side of things?

Thanks much, *and prays some admin is reading this*
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Been there, done that...really, really annoying...

If you zoom out you should be able to tap the username and password boxes though and the phone should magnify it if it's not sure where you clicked.
    Just type in your details and it should be no problem.

Also if your log in fails it should redirect you to the PWE site and that interface is much more mobile-friendly.

I have a Galaxy S2 using chrome so...it's a pain...but it can be done. But yeah this should be changed/addressed. :p
    edited April 2013
    This all has to do with the issues related to Mobile Style. If Mobile Style worked properly, this wouldn't be an issue. Therefore, I have merged it as continued feedback into this issue in this thread.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...Also if your log in fails it should redirect you to the PWE site and that interface is much more mobile-friendly.

I have PWE site bookmarked. After that I open the forums bookmark. That way works fine.

Bookmarks ftw!
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It works fine on the Samsung Note2, but then again...its gigantic. I can see the issues a smaller screen would have with the forums.

I know its probably futile... but I would kill for the forums to be Tapatalk enabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]