test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Facebook page.

vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just went over to the Neverwinter Facebook to check if there were any updates and well, to be honest after what i saw ill stick to the forums. Their page is flooded by what seems like spoiled brats who is used to get everything they want at the exact moment they want it. Every post/comment is either 'gief release date omg!' or 'give release date or ill get a refund zomg haxxor!?!oneone'. Seems like no one on there have ever been part of a game release. This is normal! They won't give out the game half done! It really pisses me off to see such whining and ''threats'' been made because they think the developers owe them something. It's even a free to play game! Sure you can do what i did and buy the hero/guardian pack, but still..even after the purchase they don't owe you anything! We've been given a taste through the beta and we have seen in game videos on you tube. What you see is what you get, and when you get it, well that's for the developers to decide.

(Don't know if i posted this in the right section to be honest, was written in the heat of the moment.)
''Well, just as I suspected... I couldn't see it because it's invisible.''
Post edited by vanvulture on

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "RELEASE DATE!" "RELEASE DATE!"

There is sadly no vocal community on Facebook currently. The ones who care come here. For now. Many of the ones talkin' are whiners who will be the first to go come launch. Some will stay. There's many more who simply signed up and dont choose to voice their opinions there.

Give it a few months after launch, Facebook will become valuable again for those of us/ya'll who choose to mix social media with gaming.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it was 2010 year when I first started lurking on this website and saw four shadowy figures who gave tooltips if you bring your mouse over to them.

Since then a lot has happened.

But I don't understand the need for crying for release. People asking for beta - I can understand. But if you ask me, I would prefer that cryptic tests the game properly before release.

Yeah but betas, promotional betas maybe - such kind of events or tests should be there so that they keep the buzz alive.
  • Options
    vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "RELEASE DATE!" "RELEASE DATE!"

There is sadly no vocal community on Facebook currently. The ones who care come here. For now. Many of the ones talkin' are whiners who will be the first to go come launch. Some will stay. There's many more who simply signed up and dont choose to voice their opinions there.

Give it a few months after launch, Facebook will become valuable again for those of us/ya'll who choose to mix social media with gaming.

I hope so, people new to the game who checks out the facebook page before the forums is gonna (instert South park ski instructor meme here!) have a bad time reading. Whiners everywhere on facebook at the moment, not the greatest first impression for a game that is filled with awesomeness.
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when i first came here it was a pipe dream there was like a couple of drawings so im prepared to wait till they are ready hurried games have hurried endings
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    True, i want quality when it comes to games. Companies like EA have ruined many great games by pushing them out way to early. Good things come to those who wait.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FB is worth checking for articles from time to time but thats about it. 9/10 if not 100% of the time you can get all you need here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    FB is worth checking for articles from time to time but thats about it. 9/10 if not 100% of the time you can get all you need here.

True, wrote a post on their page commenting on the mmorpg post there telling people to read the forums for info.
    I've found a lot of information here and gotten a bit into the lore. Also the community managers here are doing a great job responding to questions and such. :)
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a good thing that most of the whiners go to facebook (I do not use it :p) it clear the forum of the already countless whining threads, and like aandrethegiant said it will clear soon enough when the game is released.

I must had that in a way I'm quite pleased to see that complaining and whining permanently is not only a french flaw. :)
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While I agree with everything. I do have to make one tiny little point...
    vanvulture wrote: »
    They won't give out the game half done!

I would love to point you towards 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' as good research material in how very very wrong that statement of yours is. :D
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jirodyne wrote: »
    While I agree with everything. I do have to make one tiny little point...

I would love to point you towards 'Aliens: Colonial Marines' as good research material in how very very wrong that statement of yours is. :D

Well i know some game companies like EA and in the example your making with Alien colonial marines developed by Gearbox software have give out bugged and unfinished games. But when i said and i quote ''They won't give out the game half done!'' i was referring to cryptic studios not Gearbox or EA.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its alright to check out from time to time, same with their twitter.

Just avoid reading any replies on FB, as the OP mentions :p
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So basically you are annoyed with people posting useless requests for a release date on facebook and decide to post a useless thread about it on the official forums?

I sum that up correctly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    So basically you are annoyed with people posting useless requests for a release date on facebook and decide to post a useless thread about it on the official forums?

I sum that up correctly?

I wouldn't say useless. Its a great way to pass some time and share thoughts with like minded people! Thats what the public forums are all about!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I wouldn't say useless. Its a great way to pass some time and share thoughts with like minded people! Thats what the public forums are all about!

my thoughts exactly. :)
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If it is anything like the imminent launch of SWTOR, half of the complaints aren't even from people who bought or played the game.

One thing about the SWTOR launch debacle, were the complaints were all wrong, or clearly just copied/monkeyed from other posts. I can remember specifically seeing people complain that certain servers were down, written at a time when the server lists were all green and none of them were blocked. Complaints that keys didn't work, but never an answer on where they bought them or when, just vague rage, without any real demonstration of the actual problem, meanwhile everyone else was getting into the game just fine.

It's dangerous, SWTOR overcompensated. They had an idiot for a PR rep, who took all the twitter rage to heart, he actually ENDORSED the unsubstantiated rage! This led to SWTOR expanding its servers too fast (just like Warhammer), which led to the server collapse and draconian server mergers, which caused REAL problems later.

Cryptic, is smarter than that, it has learned to ignore the noise, because that's all it is.

Nerd culture never deals with tension well. Perhaps its too much coffee? We've never been good at it. Every game that's about to launch has that same anxious vitriol. We simply cannot stand knowing, it's because we've been raised on cliff hangers and serialized content. I mean we chew up comic books, which never really resolve anything and when they do, they get ret-conned back to square one shortly afterward.

We're going to know more soon. There's more important things in our lives than knowing the release date. If there isn't something more important in your life, then the proper reaction is deep sympathy to these people.

But more than anything, some of these kids are just ranting, because they are convinced that this is what one does. That it is cool to flex your nerd rage. Some might even be under the delusion that it will entice Cryptic to give them something.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    If it is anything like the imminent launch of SWTOR, half of the complaints aren't even from people who bought or played the game.

One thing about the SWTOR launch debacle, were the complaints were all wrong, or clearly just copied/monkeyed from other posts. I can remember specifically seeing people complain that certain servers were down, written at a time when the server lists were all green and none of them were blocked. Complaints that keys didn't work, but never an answer on where they bought them or when, just vague rage, without any real demonstration of the actual problem, meanwhile everyone else was getting into the game just fine.

It's dangerous, SWTOR overcompensated. They had an idiot for a PR rep, who took all the twitter rage to heart, he actually ENDORSED the unsubstantiated rage! This led to SWTOR expanding its servers too fast (just like Warhammer), which led to the server collapse and draconian server mergers, which caused REAL problems later.

Cryptic, is smarter than that, it has learned to ignore the noise, because that's all it is.

Nerd culture never deals with tension well. Perhaps its too much coffee? We've never been good at it. Every game that's about to launch has that same anxious vitriol. We simply cannot stand knowing, it's because we've been raised on cliff hangers and serialized content. I mean we chew up comic books, which never really resolve anything and when they do, they get ret-conned back to square one shortly afterward.

We're going to know more soon. There's more important things in our lives than knowing the release date. If there isn't something more important in your life, then the proper reaction is deep sympathy to these people.

But more than anything, some of these kids are just ranting, because they are convinced that this is what one does. That it is cool to flex your nerd rage. Some might even be under the delusion that it will entice Cryptic to give them something.

Big +1 to this
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ... Nerd culture never deals with tension well. Perhaps its too much coffee? ...
    I am a coffee person. It keeps me happy, calm and relaxed. It soothes my nerves by killing the weak ones.

So this statement I do not agree on.

Rest of it I am in agreement(except for a few extreme examples ... and SWTOR because I never played it ... I mean I agree in spirit of the post).
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You had me until these last two paragraphs. If this is the most important thing in someones life, I don't feel sympathy I don't care either way. I'd wager you don't really care either and just made the statement in an attempt to place a higher value on yourself. Seriously, who cares what order of importance people place on things in their lives?

Secondly, there is no delusion ranting, begging, asking, etc. for information does yield responses. The fact a response was given to such a request for a release date is proof of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Facebook is still a valuable hub of communication... though it can get amusing...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Come join us on the FB page! Water's warm, and we love seeing familiar faces in different venues.

It's kind of like seeing your neighbors at the cafe, then at the car wash, then at the comic book store... :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    mightybeermightybeer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    who has ended his character sheet?
    Brasilian Guild - Join Raidcall group n. 5905641.
  • Options
    azrowariaazrowaria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Come join us on the FB page! Water's warm, and we love seeing familiar faces in different venues.

It's kind of like seeing your neighbors at the cafe, then at the car wash, then at the comic book store... :)

We'd all join you there if you'd drop just a small bit of information we like to call 'what's next?' Spill the beans on FB and we'll overwhelm your page :)