test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In the future... maybe?

kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Myth Drannor....

Needs to be an eventual end game zone, if not a future expansion on it's own.

This is just my opinion of course, but what better city is there for dungeon delving?
Post edited by kilo418 on

Comments

• draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2013
    Undermountain in Waterdeep would be better for delving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • deathknightx1082deathknightx1082 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I lost track of Myth Drannor after 2nd Ed, is it still in ruins that are over ran with all the horrors of the world? Lol:D
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I lost track of Myth Drannor after 2nd Ed, is it still in ruins that are over ran with all the horrors of the world? Lol:D

Yep, with a barely functioning Mythal and Phaerimm and Drow infestations, not to mention the hordes of undead.

Oh, and gargoyles too
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Myth Drannor has been reclaimed and is returning to its former glory. It is, like Netheril, considered "returned." It is no longer in ruins and certainly is not infested with Drow, Phaerimm, Demons or any other monsters.

Here is an excerpt:
    Myth Drannor is essentially a city-state, one that has been largely restored to its old beauty. The city features flourishing glades, wide forest meadows, cobbled roads, and stately buildings—both free-standing structures and those incorporated into the boughs and canopy of Cormanthor Forest. The population of Myth Drannor is mostly eladrin, though a few thousand elves also call the city home.

A repaired mythal firmly seals the city’s numerous old portals and prevents planar intrusions (even, ironically, from the Feywild). Current Myth Drannor is smaller than its ancient footings; large stretches of pristine forest now make up whole districts. These woods squat over haunted regions of restless undead and deadly traps—many, but not all, fully cleared out.

The work done to seal the countless gates and portals riddling Myth Drannor and its environs is a crucial advantage that Ilsevele enjoys in dealing with the Shadovar. With extraplanar connections suppressed in the heart of the forest, shadow-dependent wizards can’t easily bring their hostility into Myth Drannor’s heart. On the other hand, the eladrin of Myth Drannor are unable to pierce the veil into the Feywild and enjoy their ancient racial homeland—at least, not while they remain in or close to Myth Drannor.

• deathknightx1082deathknightx1082 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Myth Drannor has been reclaimed and is returning to its former glory. It is, like Netheril, considered "returned." It is no longer in ruins and certainly is not infested with Drow, Phaerimm, Demons or any other monsters.

Here is an excerpt:

I thought I read somewhere it was reclaimed, thank you for that info....now I want to see it lol.:cool:
  • druelspittdruelspitt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope they come up with more interesting zones that don't have drow elves or the underdark in it! I just know that there will be thousands of dritzz clones running around everywhere after launch! Give me interesting monsters to fight like bullywugs, grimlocks or vegepygmies!
  • llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Someone already mentioned it, but Gauntlgrym. Delving with lots of lore. and Fire Elemental.
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Moonshae Isles either.. or at least what's left of them
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love to see Undermountain but I bet that would take a loooooong time to create.
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd also love to see Undermountain. But to be perfectly honest it deserves it's own game focused around the delve itself.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.