test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jack Emmert on MMORPG.com's Future of Online Games panel

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in News & Announcements
Watch Cryptic Studios' CEO Jack Emmert on MMORPG.com's PAX East Future of Online Games panel! http://www.mmorpg.com/showVideo.cfm/videoId/3005
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing, the reply concerning crash player made it a snoozefest.
    They needed one or two scantily clad ladies.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The three things that define a good game: Do the fans like it, Do the reviewers like it, and does it pay the bills. - Jack

That's a pretty dang good answer. I would have answered it slightly different. "Retention, retention, retention."

Overall a great display of great gaming minds up there. I must admit I skipped around to the Jack Emmert parts of the interview. He represented the game quite well.

If Jack OKs doing the NOCS someday, I can promise you all will hear a solid hour of crazy fun entertainment with a boatload of specific NWO information. I wonder if anyone would tune in for that one.. hmmmm

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mmorpg.com is a joke, why do articles related to that site keep getting posted?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did they talk about the future of Cryptic's Champions Online? Are we gonna see our devs back?
  • odinsfist1odinsfist1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Did they talk about the future of Cryptic's Champions Online? Are we gonna see our devs back?

Nope, they still havent returned the devs from closed alpha yet... i think Champions Online devs are like all those left socks that just vanish from the laundry :p
    If brute force didn't work, you didn't use enough brute force!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    My favorite bit in this is when Jack talks about how every one of them learned the hard way that if you want people to keep playing your game, you cannot make it so that one person can be absolutely independent of all outside interaction and achieve everything by himself, or people will not form communities, and without communities, they won't play your game. Everybody on the panel nods their heads in agreement except Chris Roberts, who is building his first MMO.

Everybody had to learn that the hard way once; I guess Chris is no exception.
  • zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey, was Jack serious about wanting City of Heroes back? Does he really want NCSoft to call him? Just curious since he says it and I would love it to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Who wants to talk about the little onstage catfight @41:09?
    Class/role restrictions, widely disputed among game developers.
  • seanceseance Member Posts: 90
    edited April 2013
    Hey, was Jack serious about wanting City of Heroes back? Does he really want NCSoft to call him? Just curious since he says it and I would love it to happen.

Interested as I am in Neverwinter, I would also love to know this myself. Does Jack Emmert actually frequent the forums here much?
  • stormyweather68stormyweather68 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If Jack was serious about retaking City of Heroes, that would be awesome!! It would mean my fav game is back and under the same umbrella as this game! There's a lot of people hoping that he is serious, along with probably the same amount of people who are skeptical that he is. I, personally, hope that he is :-)
    ~Stormy~

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth or home defense. But I do believe an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense." -Ronald Reagan

BostonStrong
  • lordxenitelordxenite Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It'd be a dream-come-true if Cryptic launched a CoH2 or CO2 game with the same (and better) tech as NWO with a Foundry for UGC, a progression system like CoH had (where you could upgrade individual aspects of individual powers) and a-la-cart power-selection system like CO FreeForm characters enjoy. I'd buy a Lifetime to that kind of game, or a Founder's pack and even pay monthly subscriptions if need be! :cool:
  • wolveenwolveen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013

+1 ;)
    I have played since Beta! Miss the hell out of that game *curses NC Soft*