test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Race u would choose for ur Rouge!?

Comments

• arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Halfling or Drow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altyrealtyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I was planning on choosing Drow, personally, but the 60 day lock on them kinda put that plan on hold - if their racials aren't so super-amazing that I need to pick a Drow to succeed in all matters rogue-ish, I'll probably rock a Tiefling... or just take the boring path and go human.

Or, the simpler choice - it's a role-playing game, make the character that you want to make - if you want to make a half-orc rogue, you don't need to get all that creative to come up with an explanation (heck, you don't need an explanation at all, if ye' wish to be a boring booby).
  • dirtydicknastydirtydicknasty Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would definately agree on Tiefling, or Halfling
  • dioraneldioranel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am going with drow.
  • llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm so torn. I want to run a human for RP, a half-orc for survivability, and a drow for godliness :)
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xeccess1 wrote: »
    What race u prefer to choose for your rouge? and Why?!:)

i dont think it would matter dont all characters look good with a bit of rouge lol
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • vangiang24vangiang24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling because of their sexy tails.
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Firstly, I'm pretty sure only Tieflings can be Rouge.
    Secondly, sneakycheese and healhamsta are my heroes!
    Finally, all joking aside, Half-Elf. Because there is nothing more cooler than a flamboyant Half-Elf Rogue in a colorful swashbuckler costume!
    Screw drows, I would make anything a rogue, except drow. Not because I think it would be a bad choice, but because of all the fan boy drizzt clones, and salvatore fans. Drow are a very boring race from a cultural, religious, and ethical stand point. They just stink.
    Really? I find their hedonistic society pretty fascinating.

EDIT: Also, Drizzt is a Ranger (Two-Blade Ranger), not a Rogue.
  • cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I ran an Elf Trickster through BW2 and 3 and I enjoyed it. You get the dex racial bonus from the elf. I was thinking of playing a Halfling Trickster after release. I think all races can be Tricksters though. I liked Drizzit as a character in the Icewind Dale trilogy and drow series, but would probably look to playing a drow cleric. I in no way mean that as a dig on "fanboys" who want to play a Drizzit like character. Whatever it takes to increase the number of players.

In my opinion, unless you are role playing your character, race has little or no impact on what class you choose.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • zaketrinzaketrin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Originally Posted by darkstorn42 View Post
    Screw drows, I would make anything a rogue, except drow. Not because I think it would be a bad choice, but because of all the fan boy drizzt clones, and salvatore fans. Drow are a very boring race from a cultural, religious, and ethical stand point. They just stink.

True fan boys and Salvatore fans would wait for the ranger class.

Drizzt Do'Urden would never get caught as a rouge wearing rogue from Rouge, Estonia
  • ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013
    Finally, all joking aside, Half-Elf. Because there is nothing more cooler than a flamboyant Half-Elf Rogue in a colorful swashbuckler costume!Really? I find their hedonistic society pretty fascinating.

You Sir win a cookie!!!!

I dont know why ppl keep calling him a rogue

But for me I care about my stats , and every vid shows the ren drow as a trickster so I'm guessing their unique racial will be suited to that style some how, that will be what decides it for me.
  • androidpkandroidpk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half-orc. It's fun playing a hulking brute that can stealth and deal some serious damage.
    edited March 2013
    androidpk wrote: »
    Half-orc. It's fun playing a hulking brute that can stealth and deal some serious damage.
    Not nearly as entertaining as a Giant Rogue with Hide-in-Plain-Sight and things that give him pluses in stealth.
    edited April 2013
    drizzt = fighter+rogue+mage+barbarian+ranger

he only became a ranger when he got topside the rest he learnt in the underdark, which is why i wish this game had a multiclass/remort system
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Elves are best used for Rouge than rogue.

Dwarves drink too much and can't reach places or holes due to stubby height and fingers ...

Drow have been afflicted by "I am good and emo" disease recently so using one as rogue is a no no!

Half-orcs ... well lets say they have only half the skills of rogue.

Helves are not ingenious as they have already been done in the cinematics of Neverwinter (the rogue girl was helf)

Halflings are small but they got really nice fingers to open any locks. But they love their "good folks" too much.

Human are the rogue. For Rogue is definition:- "An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person"
    Who more to fit this description than Human?

Tieflings? Sure. For Tieflings are nothing but Human nobles of Bael Turath whose ancestors made a pact with Devil of nine Hells back when Asmodeus was just a Devil and had not become a god.
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What race would I use to make an awesome rogue?

Gnome. Anything less (more?) is not the best.
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

Drow have been afflicted by "I am good and emo" disease recently so using one as rogue is a no no!

hmm Drow's will be going back to evil i'll be seeing to that personally *evil grin*
    edited April 2013
    reilz1981 wrote: »
    hmm Drow's will be going back to evil i'll be seeing to that personally *evil grin*

Evil and emo is even worse!
  • decoyrobdecoyrob Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    loving the rouge jokes

Also, why is Half-orc a weird concept for a rogue? Just his size? Something culturally? I've never jumped into the D&D stories before so I'm curious.
    edited April 2013
    decoyrob wrote: »
    loving the rouge jokes

Also, why is Half-orc a weird concept for a rogue? Just his size? Something culturally? I've never jumped into the D&D stories before so I'm curious.
    Half-orcs are more renown to being fighters and barbarians than they are for being rogues. That's all..
    edited April 2013
    decoyrob wrote: »
    loving the rouge jokes

Rogue are supposed to be street smart stab-in-the-back bluffing type people.

Half-orc are shunned by population so they mostly live in wild, have more orientation towards shamanic things, and their vocabulary is (although better than an ogre) not that good. So they basically have half the brains (being half-human).

Also their fat fingers doesn't let them open locks, and they cut the cheese a lot. So they are not very finesse oriented, or silent. A rogue has to do assassination, thievery, bluff, back-stab - half-orc dont really fit that profile.

A half-orc will fit more of a country bumpkin, easy to rage, calling furies of nature - kind of profile.
  • nwnprednwnpred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when u c a halfling rouge dead u be indeed
  • nwnprednwnpred Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally, all joking aside, Half-Elf. Because there is nothing more cooler than a flamboyant Half-Elf Rogue in a colorful swashbuckler costume!Really? I find their hedonistic society pretty fascinating.

edited April 2013
    nwnpred wrote: »

I have a great weapon fighter. He is specifically proficient in wielding halfling.

Halfling is a kind of bludgeoning weapon. However it needs to be fed like any sentient weapon.

You must not wield a halfling from its head. It may get damaged.

You can also give a halfling two thorns(read daggers) and the halfling can change its own trajectory mid air and can do piercing damage along with bludgeoning damage.

The halfling weapon is also good at entertainment. If you are not fighting, it can dance and provide entertainment.

For my great weapon fighter, wielding two halfling in each hand would be a dream come true. But for now, as halfling is a heavy weapon, ielding only one is possible for him. Perhaps when he hits epic level, he can wield another halfling.
    edited April 2013
    nwnpred wrote: »
    Sure. Unless I put my hand on his head and keep him at arms length.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Halfling weapons have the added benefit of being very effective at slowing down angry dragons. Since halflings are effectively dragon dim sum, when hurled at a charging the dragon the dragon will immediately stop to enjoy the tasty appetizer. Assuming that more dumplings will soon be served, dragons must roll against their intelligence score on 3d6 and a failing roll indicates that the dragon ceases all pursuit and sits down to await the rest of the meal.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• valhalla32valhalla32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Halfling I say boy I say boy !!
    [/SIGPIC]
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll be playing a Half-orc Rogue, as I feel it is the mechanically optimal choice. +2 DEX, STR, extra crit damage, and extra run speed in combat are all ideal for Rogues. "Traditional" fluff can stuff it.
  • rkv13rkv13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    zikel666 wrote: »
    Drow because I want to my rouge to be over powdered
    healhamsta wrote: »
    One attacking a whole town can result in a mascara.
    x:<
    Not true. Don't makeup such nonsense.
    healhamsta wrote: »
    Curses~ My concealer has failed, the embarrassment is making me blush.

I LOL'd so hard... xD

Rogues use Dex primary and Str/Cha secondary so...

Halflings and Drow (Dex/Cha) are born to be Rogues.

Half-Orcs (Dex/Str) make excellent Rogues as well.

Humans (Dex) are solid with any class.

Tieflings (Cha/Int) can do scary damage when a target is below 50% health.

Dwarves (Con/Str) make durable Rogues that can't be CC'd as easily.

Half-Elves (Con/Cha) are similarly durable and have some nice Rogue-ish benefits like crit severity and gold find.

Elves get Dex and I think Wis or Int?

Am I missing any other race? All in all Rogues are very flexible with their Racial choice. It all depends on personal taste, really. :)

I'll probably be making a Half-Orc Rogue. They have very solid stats and passives, and it's not as illogical as most in this thread seem to think. Half-Orcs, in fluff, would very often become street thugs because nobody would hire or trust a Half-Orc to any legitimate career.
    8.jpg
    edited April 2013
    rkv13 wrote: »
    ... Am I missing any other race? ....
    The Owlbear Rogue. You missed it.