test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New class ideas from the D&D book that has not been used yet, and others

magnusdagonmagnusdagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Off Topic
Just shooting out some ideas, good to ask now sense its still in bata.

some classes i would like to see added some time---
RANGER-- good far range and a basic dual wielding to defend one self and has a few animals he can summon, also has ability to track, the tracking dose not have to be used in this game but if it is would be nice to see what will be used of it.

PALADIN--a great healer/tank, not as strong healer as cleric but has some nifty auras to compensate, also to pound in those pesky evil monsters/humans.

PYROMANCER--its like a sorcerer but difference is that they can only use fire spells, in the book that leaves them with not much so in the pyromancer book i have here they add a few to make up that gap, also a pretty awesome transformation when he hits epic lvl (20 on the book)

---would also be cool to see the use of prestige classes, like dwarven guard, shadow dancer, arcane archer, and so on.

and finally it would be cool to be able to chose your path depending on what you do and what quest you accept, to be good, evil, or neutral and in those if you are chaotic good, lawful good, chaotic evil, lawful evil, chaotic neutral, and lawful neutral. (the chaotic and lawful dont have to be used, but its a nice extra to make more diversity in the game)

----Post what you may think of this idea or even post some of your favorite things you may have enjoyed in your D&D game play on the book---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by magnusdagon on

Comments

• magnusdagonmagnusdagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    forgot to add one more

---BARBARIAN--- With unmatched strength but cant ware any metal armor, but compensate with a unstoppable rage to sustain in battle, the rage is so strong it can even prevent death when he is trained enough in the art of bezerk. A great front liner and a fight starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    bumping "ideas for new classes/ideas not used from D&D book"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock are confirmed, also you will have to sift through millions of threads but at one point they told us they are working on a Two Weapon Ranger
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PS Ranger and Barb are in the books
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    forgot to add one more

---BARBARIAN--- With unmatched strength but cant ware any metal weapons, but compensate with a unstoppable rage to sustain in battle, the rage is so strong it can even prevent death when he is trained enough in the art of bezerk. A great front liner and a fight starter.
    ...no metal weapons? That sounds more like a multiclassed Barbarian Druid than a Barbarian.

Barbarians can use metal weapons, but they're restricted to light armor. Their Rage abilities and mobility compensates for their lack of protection.

I want to see the Avenger and Swordmage implemented. Also the Soulknife (though I don't think there is a 4E version).
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like to see a class of Psionics. The are relatively common in Forgotten Realms books, but you never seem them in any sort of game.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    I would like to see a class of Psionics. The are relatively common in Forgotten Realms books, but you never seem them in any sort of game.

Books like to keep exotic characters. Hence good drows, good warlocks, good vampires, evil paladins are all there in the novels.
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Books like to keep exotic characters. Hence good drows, good warlocks, good vampires, evil paladins are all there in the novels.

IMO, the books are the world/lore though. They provide continuity in the world between various campaigns and video games. Therefore if something is relatively common in the books, then it is part of the world and the lore and there is no reason not to include them in games.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dare i say, plainswalker ? :OOOO
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
    edited March 2013
    :OOOO

You want a class with 4 large open mouths?
    edited March 2013
    Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock are confirmed, also you will have to sift through millions of threads but at one point they told us they are working on a Two Weapon Ranger

was not aware of that thank you, and dual wielding ranger? like dual crossbows or like a normal ranger with ability to dual wield swords to defend one self in hand to hand?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    ...no metal weapons? That sounds more like a multiclassed Barbarian Druid than a Barbarian.

Barbarians can use metal weapons, but they're restricted to light armor. Their Rage abilities and mobility compensates for their lack of protection.

I want to see the Avenger and Swordmage implemented. Also the Soulknife (though I don't think there is a 4E version).

derp, i meant for no metal armor i need to go fix that lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    hahaha yes that might be a bit of fun class to play in neverwinter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    dare i say, plainswalker ? :OOOO

last post ment to have this quote derp :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    You want a class with 4 large open mouths?

if you look carefully he put planswalker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    was not aware of that thank you, and dual wielding ranger? like dual crossbows or like a normal ranger with ability to dual wield swords to defend one self in hand to hand?
    Dual Weapon as in two swords (usually longswords). Wielding two crossbows is impractical (try reloading one and imagine trying to do that with only one hand).
    edited March 2013
    Dual Weapon as in two swords (usually longswords). Wielding two crossbows is impractical (try reloading one and imagine trying to do that with only one hand).

very true, but you know how un-real games can be so who knows on the dual cross bow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zensuulzensuul Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would love to play the monk.
    "Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power." - Lao Tzu

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." - Leo Tolstoy
    edited April 2013
    zensuul wrote: »
    I would love to play the monk.

would be fun even thou monks cant have armor they compensate by moving faster than others, stunning, and excapeing from grabs/traps, some nifty dodging too, the idea of fighting gauntlents too is a good idea, when i play monks on D&D books i like to try to get some form of spiked gauntlent or gloves to add a bit more punch to my....well.....punches
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    bump, dont be shy come on down and post more class ideas i didnt list you may want, or speak any questions you may have on what i listed, or well, some thing on this topic, anything will do. have fun with it :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sennobytesennobyte Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger, Psionicist, Monk. and slightly off-topic, how about giving the foundry different landscape toolsets so you can do a series of Foundry missons as your own campaigns? may be a lil much but definitely leaves it open for endless replay value. (always favored the Dark Sun setting myself, so would add different rules and need a Desert setting hehe)