test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wizard Gear is HAMSTER

licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in The Library
All the high end wiz gear, instance drops, seal gear and the turmalene bars vendor all give almost exclusively defensive stats while the cleric gear has a lot of both crit and armor pen. Please stop putting regen and deflect on our weapons, and way more crit/armor pen please. Or at least give an option of one or the other, i should not be forced to wear green gear because the blue gear offers nothing worthwhile.

Would also like to point out that in lvl'ing from 1-50, i did not receive a single piece of CW gear from any of the "quest" bosses. All of the named loot that dropped was for other classes, 100%. I understand i might have just been unlucky but thought it was worth mentioning.

Would also like to say that this class was a ton of fun to play.
How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
Post edited by licourtrix1 on

Comments

• Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I Looted Robe Named Blight Robe from Pirate Skrimish looted it twice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    umbravenatorumbravenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree OP - what the heck is with all the pure defense garbage? I pretty much didn't bother with any 45+ seal gear - especially after looking at the Manticore/Paragon Seal vendors.

I guess their vision of a Control Wizard is more tank Wizard than glass cannon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'd have to agree. A lot of the boss drops were for other classes and the stats didn't seem to make sense at all. I was really confused by this and was also wearing mostly green items
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    pyrophoriapyrophoria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Who else likes surviving? Anybody? Bueller? Could always use more crit though.
  • Options
    licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    i didn't equip anything that had regen,deflect, and didn't care about defense. Survived just fine.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    don't feel bad it was the same with my rogue, most of the "recommended" blue items that where useable with my class where not too appealing, i looked for Crit Strike and saw there was none and just hit the greed button. it really depends on your style of play i guess i'm going to be an executioner, high crit rogue so i'm not looking for the other stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The weapons you can get with seals have crit and or lifesteal, CW gets defense and deflect ONLY. There were no other options for us.
  • Options
    xdzinxdzin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree i up one CW at lvl 33 and i felt the same things !!!
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    yes, the funniest was recovery. I saved up on those items, equiped it, and got 3% faster CD on the encounterspells.

Lets say that 15secs was the target of the CD redux. That would mean that loosing all that power and crit made me gain 0.45 seconds faster CD... at lvl 39.

Perhaps this will be different for end game, but for the level I reached, power and crit was the ONLY way to go.
  • Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Power scales badly too. Critical is defiantly the way to go. Although its a RNG stat so keep that in mind. I actually had a different looking shirt drop for me in Frozen Heart Dungeon. Approx 5 hrs before the servers were to go down. This was the first shirt I had found that was different then the ones I was getting.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    All gear is bad IMO and what more the amount needed for 1% increases with level from what I saw.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Attachment not found.

My stats from OBW3 for recovery.

It scales better than anything else, as long as you are on CD for an encounter power.

Math is very solid for that.

Other favorable:

Crit 2nd, AP 3rd

(for pure dps anyways)

I was doing statistics on how points gave less as you leveled up. (or more at lower levels)

Seems it even takes less per additional % at a static level though too ... kinda confusing
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    All gear is bad IMO and what more the amount needed for 1% increases with level from what I saw.

Yup. That is why I don't have issues with ID Scrolls, not worth chasing after minor stat updates, when major one's play a small role. You can go levels and levels it seems skipping gear and not have it affect play at all. So as we try to balance other parts of the game in our minds on the forum, if/when the gear makes much difference, then everything else has to be readjusted. The game seems like it is at a early stage of balancing.
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Its all about a decent weapon and your gaming skills. Rest is ... worth little consequence.

Sad to hear that all the premade blues for CW are def orientated. Hopefully crafting will give you another avenue!
  • Options
    mishakal1mishakal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013
    It's 2013, we need a warlock.