test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Party playing

macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

During 2nd and 3th beta weekend me and my friends were able to participate and i found something odd about playing with a party.

We start all characters at the same time and did all the story line togther to level ~31(we were at helms hold), it was odd to see that after sometime doing quest we wasnt able to get more quest in the zone becasue we were too low lvl and we did al the quests available in the story line.

I know the game is solo friendly but party play should be suported aswell, at some point we were doing level 32 quests with a level 26-28 characters (we had to share quests all the time coz some low level friend couildnt get them).

At the end all i can say it was rly a mess to play with party, no lvl to take new quest, share quest, abandon quest, share again, do repeat quest, abandon quest again, share again.... etc etc....

Anyone had the same experience with doing storu line quest with a party ?? Does cryptic is aware of this ??

Thx, Macabrius
Post edited by macabrivs on

Comments

• towelztowelz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I also found the leveling alone was much quicker compared to party play. Usually there exists bonus exp for being in groups. Is it because the dungeons do not scale to how many players there are?
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I played most of the weekend as a soloist and still had the same problem soloing. After lvl 20 I was constantly on the edge of not being able to get the next quest without grinding out a level.

Funny how a DnD game is better played solo.........
  • veltor1234veltor1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2013
    I ended up being 2 levels lower then the quest asked for in the mid 20's so I started playing more queues to try and catch up
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    Hey all,

During 2nd and 3th beta weekend me and my friends were able to participate and i found something odd about playing with a party.

We start all characters at the same time and did all the story line togther to level ~31(we were at helms hold), it was odd to see that after sometime doing quest we wasnt able to get more quest in the zone becasue we were too low lvl and we did al the quests available in the story line.

I know the game is solo friendly but party play should be suported aswell, at some point we were doing level 32 quests with a level 26-28 characters (we had to share quests all the time coz some low level friend couildnt get them).

At the end all i can say it was rly a mess to play with party, no lvl to take new quest, share quest, abandon quest, share again, do repeat quest, abandon quest again, share again.... etc etc....

Anyone had the same experience with doing storu line quest with a party ?? Does cryptic is aware of this ??

Thx, Macabrius

Oh hell yes, we experienced exactly the same thing, and you'll see more of it. I'm glad you spoke up.

Yeah our pet pieves are "gathering your party before venturing forth" at the doorways, having to complete solo goals over and over again for every party member in some content (instead of it turning into a group goal), deal with NPC windows for EVERYONE TALKING to NPCs while your character is stuck (cant close window or else those reading cant go back to it, and cant even move your character on screen while people are reading), 5 man party to make a guild and level 15 each, etc

That's just some I can think of at the moment.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I ran into the issue of not being able to progress with the storyline once, with a 2-person leveling party (granted, we didn't queue for anything; Cloak Tower, skirmishes, etc). It's easily fixed by doing a foundry quest or two. Honestly, I think the leveling is fine the way it is, since some of the most fun I had in-game came in the form of foundry quests, and I probably would have never done some of the ones I did if I hadn't needed some extra exp.
  • mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    D&D and most any military will teach you that you travel with the slowest member.

As for doing normal questing then gradually being under lvl for the area your in, i believe this was intended that more ppl will try out other types of content such as the Foundry, or localized zoned events.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • cnynridr2cnynridr2 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I def noticed that my buddy and I were running about 2-4 levels below content. It makes for great difficulty and fun on boss fights sometimes. We had the same problem of one of us not able to pick up quests because of being too low level and having to do twice.

Please make 5 man delves able to be done with any number of players.!!!!1-5
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cnynridr2 wrote: »
    Please make 5 man delves able to be done with any number of players.!!!!1-5

Yes this is absolutely major. Very important for a quality guild experience for many guilds out there...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I solo'd all weekend and when I was in my teens to twenties I was like 3-4 lvls lower than the quests. So its not just you guys in parties.