test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exploits, Terrain glitchs, bugs and others.

spiritrush1spiritrush1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
- Cragmire Crypts terrain glitch: http://imgur.com/a/qmCKQ

- Exploit in wolf den dungeon. At the boss, if you die you can jump back in and continue the fight.
How to do it: You can jump into the torch on the left and then into the skull on the door and then jump over the gate.

- When I queue for a dungeon it takes hours and then most of the time the dungeons are empty.

- Please give confirmation that screenshots have been saved

- Place friends that just joined the party on the same channel, there was allways someone on the chat asking why they couldnt see their friends.

- Pls give us an option to make the event tab next to the minimap closed by standard.

- This game needs an archer class and archer companion

- Pls dont make this game pay to win

- Pls give us hard content

- Pls make premade pvp important.

- Allow us to preview the mounts before buying them (there are lots of colors for each type of mount).

- Show us on the map the location of the beggining of foundry quests. I sometimes pick up a foundry quest in one zone and It doesnt happear on the map and I get sort of lost :/

- Inventory management upgrades ? Maibe filters for consumables and equipment.

- Gray out the horse tooltip on the hotbar inside instances that dont allow riding.

- Ice terrain sometimes hides red marks on the floor from mob atacks.

- If someone high level comes with you into a instance and oneshots the boss and you arent close you cannot finish the quest and you cannot progress, so you get stucked inside that instance. (This is what my friend told me.)

- Why is the Boar a control companion ?

- After pushing barrels and chairs, I decided that we need a Soccer mini-game PLSSSS!

- When you open that bag that is inside your inventory and can only be opened on some levels, trough the "U" hotkey, if you get some potions with efects, the potions will only have the title and are missing a description of what they do.

- I shouldnt be able to try and equip some quest items.

- I saw people doing emotes and the emote text beeing french. I cannot understand them :/

- Emote description that happears on the chat sometimes doesnt work and instead happears a menssage saying null.

- We need a way to teleport back to town in the middle of dungeons. Sometimes people will run out of pots at the boss door and they just leave the party because we cannot kill the boss without pots.

- When someone leaves the party and we need to find a replacement, please dont spawn them in the beggining of the dungeon. Its a 10 min run that everyone has to wait for. Please just spawn them on top of our team leader or on the closest firecamp.

- the mimic box opens his mouth and reveals himself when Im fighting monsters close to the box, yet it doesnt move and when I finish all the enemies, the mimic goes back to beeing an ordinary box until opened.

- I was not beeing able to enter a dungeon when the queue pops and im inside a instance doing a quest.

- Throne of Idris compared to the lair of mad dragon and wolf den boss fight in the BW3 is waaay too easy. BUFF PLEASE! The dragon and the wolf den in terms of dificulty is good like it is now. It is challenging and needs effort to do. Thats what makes it fun. I was able to kill all bosses this weekend on random groups without a tank or a cleric, except for the pirate king because the dungeon was empty for some reason.

-I tried to add people from the zone chat to my party by right clicking their name, but I didnt see an option.

-Armor needs more diversity

-Companions arent that great in big boss figths. They just die :(

-It feels like the cleric companion is stronger than any other companion.

-Disconnected lots of times. I have a nvidia and an intel processor if it matters for something. >>>>>>>>>>>> MAIBE SOLVED??? >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?108281-New-Nvidia-Drivers-with-DX9-SLI-support-for-NWN!-No-Dx11-SLI-yet-sighs&p=1531091#post1531091 "Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter – Added DX9 SLI profile"

-Chests respawn again inside dungeons. (not sure if intended.)

-I only found an helmet almost after level 20

-Aggro all over the place o.O

-On the lair of the mad dragon, I was trying to cc the casters with my ice rightclick and I couldnt target them because the dragon is so big it body blocks everything, and the mouse aim just auto targets the boss. I didnt really have that problem on the wolf den because he wasnt a giant, but its still anoying.

-Around level 45 there are some quest instances were you have to kill a miniboss, but you can just trow him off a cliff instead for an easy win. (Not sure if intended).
The wicked mind is sharp with self interest,
The honourable mind is much easier to manipulate,
A swift mind solves problems before they occur,
Accept your fate, or lie, pretend,
Death collects you in the end,
The light that reveals is the glare that blinds,
Knowledge brings power, and with power you can
grab truth by the throat and shape it as you wish,
A large enough debt turns even a friend into an enemy,
Danger is the price of wealth.
Post edited by spiritrush1 on

Comments

• umbravenatorumbravenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wonderful and well thought out list... I sure hoped you bugged or reported these during the beta test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dec0ydeaditedec0ydeadite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i found that the hunting contests in zones could easily be exploited via camping the creature's spawning zone but also noticed that the rewards to these contests got nerfed during beta3.
    those dam_ HOTN players ruin everything.
    STRUGGLING? uMAD? QQ? NEED A GUIDE? GET SPOON FED HERE! NOMNOMNOM
  • vehementinaconvehementinacon Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good to see those were encountered by others. I emailed tech support about one of them since the bug report server was down at the time.

There was also a random bug with voice chat staying connected after the party was disbanded. It only happened once and I wasn't able to recreate it.
  • spiritrush1spiritrush1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Wonderful and well thought out list... I sure hoped you bugged or reported these during the beta test.

not really :(

thats why Im trying to post them now and hope some dev or mod shows up.
    edited March 2013
    not really :(

thats why Im trying to post them now and hope some dev or mod shows up.

or maibe there is another way...
  • aurion2011aurion2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Some great suggestions here!

I can definitely get on board with the request for harder content! :cool:
  • mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - When I queue for a dungeon it takes hours and then most of the time the dungeons are empty.

Beta...

You can run this game through steam even though it's not officially ON steam yet. (most people will anyway) so issue will be resolved in that way anyway. Some examples of pics in my sig. block.

- Place friends that just joined the party on the same channel, there was allways someone on the chat asking why they couldnt see their friends.

Have your friends meet you in the right shard. When you all move into an instance, you will be together. When you leave an instance, you will be together. But the game won't arbitrarily move people around in shards based on joining a group.

- Pls give us an option to make the event tab next to the minimap closed by standard.

This is a suggestion, not a bug. Suggestion thread.

It appears a ranger class is in the works. I know I deleted a bow or two that I obviously couldn't use during beta 3.

No such thing. F2P is F2P. You can pay for little extras or you can Freeb-leech. It's up to you.

Some of the foundry content is ridiculously difficult (but possible) as well as some of the later content. This IS beta, however, and being able to get through the content is their primary concern.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that most people that play fantasy MMOs aren't really that concerned with PVP. Especially not PVP that's 'important'. However, there will be a niche group that wants to pvp all the time. And that's fine. But make PVP content important TO THAT GROUP, not to the game.

- Allow us to preview the mounts before buying them (there are lots of colors for each type of mount).
    You can see the color in the picture. I'm up for being able to Dye mounts and/or mount armor though. At least for the more mundane ones like the horses.

- Show us on the map the location of the beggining of foundry quests. I sometimes pick up a foundry quest in one zone and It doesnt happear on the map and I get sort of lost :/

That's on the foundry content creator, not PWE. They dictate the start location. Some just say "go to next map". That's not going to get them any tips or play time, but that's on them.

I don't know of any game that will filter based on the type of item. Best bet is to drag your consumables to the same location each time.

- Gray out the horse tooltip on the hotbar inside instances that dont allow riding.
    This would be good considering there are so very very few instances that don't allow riding.

Might want to bug this one.

- If someone high level comes with you into a instance and oneshots the boss and you arent close you cannot finish the quest and you cannot progress, so you get stucked inside that instance. (This is what my friend told me.)
    Ask your friend to bug this.

- When you open that bag that is inside your inventory and can only be opened on some levels, trough the "U" hotkey, if you get some potions with efects, the potions will only have the title and are missing a description of what they do.
    Might want to bug this with much more description of what the issue is.

Known issue, but never hurts to bug it based on the fact that they are given an armor equip location vs. item type.

- I saw people doing emotes and the emote text beeing french. I cannot understand them :/
    Might want to bug this and include what language set you're using

- Emote description that happears on the chat sometimes doesnt work and instead happears a menssage saying null.
    This happens when you have no target in your reticule to interact with. This and the repetition of the emote command upon execution was bugged by several people during beta.

- We need a way to teleport back to town in the middle of dungeons. Sometimes people will run out of pots at the boss door and they just leave the party because we cannot kill the boss without pots.
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but there wasn't a teleport function in DND 4 rules was there? I thought maybe a gate function, but that not teleport. But definitely this would make things easier.

- When someone leaves the party and we need to find a replacement, please dont spawn them in the beggining of the dungeon. Its a 10 min run that everyone has to wait for. Please just spawn them on top of our team leader or on the closest firecamp.

This is a mechanic that could be abused and I doubt it will get consideration especially if you have any class that can stealth or just run to the end of a dungeon boss, then summon the entire party to him.

- the mimic box opens his mouth and reveals himself when Im fighting monsters close to the box, yet it doesnt move and when I finish all the enemies, the mimic goes back to beeing an ordinary box until opened.
    MIght want to bug this.

- I was not beeing able to enter a dungeon when the queue pops and im inside a instance doing a quest.
    This seems to be a limitation for the engine Cryptic uses. "can't find map" is the error I was getting. Best bet: If you're queued for an event, don't plan on doing any instances because you can't be sent back to the instance when the event is done. I would love to see this get fixed though.

-I tried to add people from the zone chat to my party by right clicking their name, but I didnt see an option.
    You won't if they are on ignore, zoning, in an instance or not in your shard. Try using /invite instead.

Beta...

Low level companions just die. Tanking companions of even nearly the appropriate level do fine. I tested the honey badger, the rock companion, healer and tomb spider. All did fine. You just can't allow them to tank unless they are a tank.

I didn't get that feeling. Using just about any other aggressive companion worked out better than the cleric.

-Disconnected lots of times. I have a nvidia and an intel processor if it matters for something.
    MIght want to read some of the FAQs and other threads. Some of the older cards are having some issues with the graphics levels.

MIght want to bug this with much more information

That's because they are only available after level 20.

That happens...

-On the lair of the mad dragon, I was trying to cc the casters with my ice rightclick and I couldnt target them because the dragon is so big it body blocks everything, and the mouse aim just auto targets the boss. I didnt really have that problem on the wolf den because he wasnt a giant, but its still anoying.
    Did you try the scroll targets button instead? It might help.

-Around level 45 there are some quest instances were you have to kill a miniboss, but you can just trow him off a cliff instead for an easy win. (Not sure if intended).[/QUOTE]
    I'd bug this with a good description of the area, boss and what power it was that sent him over the edge.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One of the biggest Exploits of terrain for me was in the PVP matches and the Casters would somehow get on top of one of the columns. They were pratically untouchable unless a rogue was about to port to them but most of the casters would stay back far enuff where a rogue wasnt able to get them.
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mensar wrote: »

Beta...

You can run this game through steam even though it's not officially ON steam yet. (most people will anyway) so issue will be resolved in that way anyway. Some examples of pics in my sig. block.

Have your friends meet you in the right shard. When you all move into an instance, you will be together. When you leave an instance, you will be together. But the game won't arbitrarily move people around in shards based on joining a group.

This is a suggestion, not a bug. Suggestion thread.

It appears a ranger class is in the works. I know I deleted a bow or two that I obviously couldn't use during beta 3.

No such thing. F2P is F2P. You can pay for little extras or you can Freeb-leech. It's up to you.

Some of the foundry content is ridiculously difficult (but possible) as well as some of the later content. This IS beta, however, and being able to get through the content is their primary concern.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that most people that play fantasy MMOs aren't really that concerned with PVP. Especially not PVP that's 'important'. However, there will be a niche group that wants to pvp all the time. And that's fine. But make PVP content important TO THAT GROUP, not to the game.

You can see the color in the picture. I'm up for being able to Dye mounts and/or mount armor though. At least for the more mundane ones like the horses.

That's on the foundry content creator, not PWE. They dictate the start location. Some just say "go to next map". That's not going to get them any tips or play time, but that's on them.

I don't know of any game that will filter based on the type of item. Best bet is to drag your consumables to the same location each time.

This would be good considering there are so very very few instances that don't allow riding.

Might want to bug this one.

Ask your friend to bug this.

Might want to bug this with much more description of what the issue is.

Known issue, but never hurts to bug it based on the fact that they are given an armor equip location vs. item type.

Might want to bug this and include what language set you're using

This happens when you have no target in your reticule to interact with. This and the repetition of the emote command upon execution was bugged by several people during beta.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but there wasn't a teleport function in DND 4 rules was there? I thought maybe a gate function, but that not teleport. But definitely this would make things easier.

This is a mechanic that could be abused and I doubt it will get consideration especially if you have any class that can stealth or just run to the end of a dungeon boss, then summon the entire party to him.

MIght want to bug this.

This seems to be a limitation for the engine Cryptic uses. "can't find map" is the error I was getting. Best bet: If you're queued for an event, don't plan on doing any instances because you can't be sent back to the instance when the event is done. I would love to see this get fixed though.

You won't if they are on ignore, zoning, in an instance or not in your shard. Try using /invite instead.

Beta...

Low level companions just die. Tanking companions of even nearly the appropriate level do fine. I tested the honey badger, the rock companion, healer and tomb spider. All did fine. You just can't allow them to tank unless they are a tank.

I didn't get that feeling. Using just about any other aggressive companion worked out better than the cleric.

-Disconnected lots of times. I have a nvidia and an intel processor if it matters for something.
    MIght want to read some of the FAQs and other threads. Some of the older cards are having some issues with the graphics levels.

MIght want to bug this with much more information

That's because they are only available after level 20.

That happens...

Did you try the scroll targets button instead? It might help.

-Around level 45 there are some quest instances were you have to kill a miniboss, but you can just trow him off a cliff instead for an easy win. (Not sure if intended).
    I'd bug this with a good description of the area, boss and what power it was that sent him over the edge.[/QUOTE]
    In reference to the miniboss off a cliff, i think stuff like that is intended, there are a lot of them infact. I do so love how the traps effect mobs as well as us and i was able to knock a few mobs off high walk ways, which was nice.
  • dirge75dirge75 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is actually a whole forum this information. You might try posting it there.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?901-Bugs-and-Technical-Issues
    edited March 2013
    someone moved it to "Bugs And Technical Issues"

thanks.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    someone moved it to "Bugs And Technical Issues"

thanks.
    Most welcome! Thank you too!

*the mage nods at the wealth of information for the developers*