test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pretty much immortal.

2»

Comments

• tibberton1tibberton1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 83
    edited March 2013
    The first time I really had any difficulty was in the graveyard. And by difficulty, I mean I had to use a couple pots, and my cleric companion ate it a couple times.
    A Guardian Fighter Blog:

guardianfighter.com
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Basically any class except control wizard can face tank groups of enemies untill they are dead, using the trusty cleric disciple pet
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rahla wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's a side effect of the game itself being super easy, but my GF felt...totally unkillable during the beta weekend.

Adding feat points to the "build charge while blocking" feat, keeping the daily as the self heal as a percentage of damage...Any time your health starts to drop, just block, pop the daily, stab a few things and you're back at full health, and constantly regaining that health until the daily wears off.

With these two things, only a complete idiot with a broken shift could be killed as a Guardian Fighter. I think the combo may need a pretty hard nerf if the difficulty of the mobs is not increased significantly, or at the very least have a cooldown put on the daily since blocking builds charge way too quickly.
    Are you talking about PVP? if so, you fought <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or didn't play many matches. All it takes to take down a GF is someone behind you while you are blocking someone in front of you. The block skill is directional and runs out. The heal skill you mention requires you to do damage, and you can be kited\ranged, making that difficult.

PVE? - yeah sure solo pvp content is ez for all classes.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My largest issue with survivability in BW2 was the frequency with which you can just chug potions. 10 second cooldown is way too short. Potion spamming and Fighter's Recovery caused me to feel like I was never really in any danger throughout the weekend, even in the Cloak Tower when I had only a rank 1 companion healing my group. I know that Guardian Fighter is meant to be super tanky, and that's as it should be, but I think increasing the cooldown on potions would help so much to make this game more interesting/challenging.

THIS! the 8 or ten second cool down on pots is simply stupid.
  • vampuravampura Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did anyone play PVP? I didn't read all the comments so I am sorry if this has already been covered... sure PVE they seem tough at low levels but in PVP I'd die faster then my TR, my block would be eaten in seconds and I couldn't do any damage to anyone to even be seen as a threat really... and that was at lvl 17 with good gear. My LVL 10TR with rubbish gear was getting 10+ kills and maybe 2-3 deaths a match, I'd target GF because I knew they were an easy kill... If anything they need to up the damage or give them more stuns? TR gets a disarm for like 4sec? we get a rubbish slow casting stun? Personally I loved the class but in PVP it was so painful and I felt so useless I'm thinking ill roll my main as TR... unless they fix taunts and survivability in PVP :/

Bit of a rant sorry :P
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    doogie74 wrote: »
    The mob's difficulty was reduced and exp increased for the beta weekend so more content could be tested.

oh thank god for that, i don't want to just steamroll through the game with my rogue come live, end game is fun, but can be boring at sometimes which leads me to play other mmos :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aldinvinedaaldinvineda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    THIS! the 8 or ten second cool down on pots is simply stupid.

I think they heard the feedback. I believe pot cooldown was increased to 12 seconds during BW3.
    Game On. AV

• healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Are you talking about PVP? if so, you fought <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or didn't play many matches. All it takes to take down a GF is someone behind you while you are blocking someone in front of you. The block skill is directional and runs out. The heal skill you mention requires you to do damage, and you can be kited\ranged, making that difficult.

PVE? - yeah sure solo pvp content is ez for all classes.

Not to mention GFs has the worst movement options of all the classes & guarding further cuts your movement speed.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • beleb1beleb1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    I played GF during this last beta weekend. I pvp'd quite a bit as well. I had no serious issues with any class while pvping and was quite capable of killing people 2v1. I used Str and Con as my main stats. Encounter skills were Lunging Strike, Stunning Strike and Anvil Hammer. My job in pvp was to hold the two outer points while the remainder of my group held the middle. I hit lvl 34 and before the Anvil skill I used into the fray. The stunning strike and anvil skill is incredibly powerful burst combined with the charge. I wish I would have taken video to show you all what the class is capable of. Many times I would hold a point 4v1 for about 45seconds until support arrived from my team.
  • beleb1beleb1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    Also PvE was quite easy. Our group understood that Me holding aggro wasn't an option. So during the dungeons we often had the CW cc'ing adds while the cleric kited them. He would toss me heals and not attack or debuff the boss. I could hold aggro for the few heals that I needed. All of our DPS then focused on the boss to burn it as fast as we could. Everything worked incredibly well.
  • vanderhelmvanderhelm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    beleb1 wrote: »
    Also PvE was quite easy. Our group understood that Me holding aggro wasn't an option. So during the dungeons we often had the CW cc'ing adds while the cleric kited them. He would toss me heals and not attack or debuff the boss. I could hold aggro for the few heals that I needed. All of our DPS then focused on the boss to burn it as fast as we could. Everything worked incredibly well.

This was very frustrating for me. I would try my best to hold aggro and when I inevitably failed the CW would just freeze the MOB I was trying to tank. It felt like a father letting a little kid go do something expecting him to fail, then as soon as the little kid drops the ball the father steps in and saves the day.
    edited March 2013
    Well like I said, I didn't focus on controlling the adds. I focused solely on the boss. This made for an extremely easy fight.