test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[WIP] Neverwinter Armory

2»

Comments

• nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I'll need a compendium on... Well, everything lol. After I've got the ability/power layout done, I'll be moving onto equipment, but I'm not familiar with how equipment scales in D&D

www.nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Main_Page

^ This site is shaping up to be an excellent source for stats.I believe all % bonuses are additive. No idea how enchanted gear works/scales yet :/
  • dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes all the % bonuses are additive as far as the ability scores. I been working on getting all the info on there from the 4000 screenshots. Trickster Rogue is the last one left, then I'm gonna work on more Misc stuff. I figured out how Recharge Speed works. I know how the feat tree works. I think my next task is figuring out the scaling of stats after im done with the Trickster Rogue Page. Would be nice to have a skill calculator though. For now my build exist on pen and paper.
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The gear is tricky, I've been trying to figure out a good way to put it on the wiki. From the looks of it, each piece has a range of numbers it can be so every "+1 Smiting Sword of Power" is not the same, but the smiting adds something and so does the of power(I just made that item up I'm not sure if there is an of Power off the top of my head.) It would seem to me to be kind of pointless to put every possible combination of green weapon on the wiki(even with stat ranges) and even the white ones.

What does seem possible however is to put each item power on the wiki, and then have an additional page for all the blue and purple gear which all has unique names. I'm not sure how any of this would play out in the Neverwinter Armory.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay, hm... Wouldn't be too hard to set up a system for sharing specific +x stats with the shortcodes, but they're probably negligible. I was considering setting up NWA similar to WoWHead, but now I'm not sure that'll work given the nature of the item systems...

For now, we can at least have build sharing and item comparisons. I've been working on shared code between WPF and Silverlight so I can deploy both desktop and Silverlight clients! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Small bump. If you'd like to be able to get your player stats by name@handle, please retweet this! This would mean you could enter "Bob@AccountName" and get all of Bob's stats and equipment. Simplifying data entry for the masses! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
    edited March 2013
    Alright, I've got the next few days plotted out after realizing I was doing some things backwards;
    • Updating image resources to be completely online for Silverlight and obtain-on-demand to reduce the overall application size.
    • Finish important base controls (Ability Score, Inventory and Equipment)
    • Start Character Window layout
    • Begin Feat control design
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Quick little update on this, I'm moving away from Silverlight and WPF entirely and starting with ASP.Net. There's a small learning curve for me, but it'll be well worth the effort since clients will require no plugins or additional software.

Once it's done, it'll be using my Windows Azure hosting, so it'll have a small monthly requirement... Hopefully that can be filled by donations or something. If anyone is interested in helping, especially if you're familiar with ASP.Net, please get in contact with me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synnex42synnex42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    Quick little update on this, I'm moving away from Silverlight and WPF entirely and starting with ASP.Net. There's a small learning curve for me, but it'll be well worth the effort since clients will require no plugins or additional software.

Thank you for this change. Your site will now be much more accessible to people, including me.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know there are people who are quick to throw WoW down..but I am serious when I ask if you ever heard of the program called 'Rawr'

It is a theorycrafting tool like you are making. You should check it out. If you could make something like that I'd love you forever. Their code is up for all to have at, you could alter it for Neverwinter if you wished to save some time. This would allow people to see their Runes, overall stats when grouped with certain players or abilities go off..etc.

http://rawr.codeplex.com/

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hipolipolopigus

any updates to this?
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    This is the first I've seen this, and it looks amazeballs.