Install Arc

We need song! We need dance! BARDS!

2»

Comments

• labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No Xena without Gabrial

Nuff Said
  • foundermeo1foundermeo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!
  • tormsy85tormsy85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Order of the Stick rocks btw.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mo0shak3 wrote: »
    Well iirc Cadderly the cleric in R.A. Salvatore's "The Cleric Quintet" was married to a more oriental styled monk named Danica(?). I also believe there were mentions of monk orders in Neverwinter Nights if you talked to the dwarf monk hireling about his past.

The following from FR:CG, not a word by word translation but kind of from there -
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Classes and power sources
    5. Psion
    Psionic power is rare in Toril and people often confuse it with divine and arcane magic. There are no known schools or cabals of psionic power in Toril. Even though monks exist in Toril, very rare do some monks practise psion crafts - and even they are self taught. Thousands of years ago, Jhaamdath existed as a psiocracy in now present Vilhon wilds but were destroyed by high elven arcanists. Many psionic artifacts can still be found in those ruins. After spellplague, psionic activities have been on continous rise in Toril unknown to common folks. Many Ardents, Psion and battleminds have been growing in number. Rumours of many monks who can "defeat an army" have also emerged.
    The rise may have been due to spellplague or Abeir's return - but it is unknown which event caused influx of psions in such a large number.
    e.g.
    Monks become outsiders(aliens) when they master monkhood. Basically Kung-fu ki is psion.
    Other classes use power of though. So for example, if you think you are not hurt from last attack, you will heal. If you think you will not be defeated, you will not get attacked. Hence power of thought is psion.
    The psions(outsiders beings) use telekinetic and telepathic powers. So these two are also psion powers.
    etc.
    I think novels usually try to have rare characters for NPC for 'novelty'.
  • nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Well you have to max the class to hit 'Outsider' status. Least back in the day.

Can't see too many of them around.

AND OF COURSE KI IS MENTAL POWERZZZZ

seen those guys blow <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up and light bulbs. Qi Gong baby!
  • sykorisykori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    where are the hybrid classes in the list of future classes? Particularly the bards. Always a fun play in my book. Monks, not bad, but always had issues with rules that didn't make it fun. Bards? Always fun to play, even the 2nd edition bard kits. Hoping to hear about bards here. Did i mention bards?

agreed!!!!
  • doctordoriandoctordorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    as part of my activism to have bards added, i will put a bard NPC in every foundry quest I make ;)