test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What Race u would choose for ur Rouge!?

xeccess1xeccess1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
What race u prefer to choose for your rouge? and Why?!:)
Post edited by xeccess1 on

Comments

• Options
    s3rpentss3rpents Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's sorta obvious. I'd choose Drow like I plan to when they let us play them. They are the darkest evilest mothaf***ers alive :) At least playable wise imo.
  • Options
    thentixthentix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can pick any race for rouge really. Red make up isn't just for one race. Id pick a female tho unless being a male with make up is your thing.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Screw drows, I would make anything a rogue, except drow. Not because I think it would be a bad choice, but because of all the fan boy drizzt clones, and salvatore fans. Drow are a very boring race from a cultural, religious, and ethical stand point. They just stink.
  • Options
    glowmerglowmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half Elf.
    For the +treasure find.
    7.jpg
  • Options
    lysico67lysico67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dwarf for sure. Been a dwarven rogue since my paper D&D days.
  • Options
    clicker151clicker151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Halfling all the way!
  • Options
    zgbam1988zgbam1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well,I acctualy think that thiefling is the best for rouge cuz of his skill to deal 5% more dmg when enemy is below 50%hp and skill to reduce taken dmg,combine 1st skill with armor penetration,life steal,crit and u can do some serious damage later on.Maybe 5% isnt much at low lvl but later on it is gonna show alot
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zgbam1988 wrote: »
    Well,I acctualy think that thiefling is the best for rouge cuz of his skill to deal 5% more dmg when enemy is below 50%hp and skill to reduce taken dmg,combine 1st skill with armor penetration,life steal,crit and u can do some serious damage later on.Maybe 5% isnt much at low lvl but later on it is gonna show alot
    Tieflings looked pretty cool, the least humanoid of the available races, and their racial passives definitely seemed best for the rogue. That damage increase obviously is great, but they're also melee burst which will draw lots of agro (in PvP and PvE) so that other passive is great too.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    draezendirehanddraezendirehand Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2013
    I'm agreeing with the two above me Tiefling because of the passives. And does anyone know anything about the drow racial stats and passives?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1.jpg
    When life turns it's back on you, sneak attack it for extra damage!
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I know English is tricky and stuff, but please! Rouge is a color, rogue is the D&D class you're looking for.
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Member Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I went with wood elf for the bonus to DEX/INT and the +1% crit.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited March 2013
    half-orc for +str+dex and 5% crit damage
  • Options
    zikel666zikel666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Drow because I want to my rouge to be over powdered
  • Options
    subvariessubvaries Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Screw drows, I would make anything a rogue, except drow. Not because I think it would be a bad choice, but because of all the fan boy drizzt clones, and salvatore fans. Drow are a very boring race from a cultural, religious, and ethical stand point. They just stink.

I thought R.A. Salvatore did a great job with the books. Just because you don't like the fans of his work is no reason to dislike the race whatsoever. Also they aren't really that boring, religiously they follow a god that that is ruthless. Which in turn makes them the same. Also from a cultural stand point of how the houses could attack one another, how the social standing went and so on. I believe the culture was one of the best parts.

Secondly while being the most popular, the Drizzt books are not the only set of drow based books around. The War of the Spider Queen books were also really good.

I do agree however, there is going to be an influx of drizzt named drow running around.
  • Options
    winstoncola1winstoncola1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Tiefling rogue all the way!
  • Options
    quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I chose half-orc rogue last beta weekend for the stats, but ultimately I find it weird having this big strapping creature going into stealth. I may choose a halfling if I roll one at launch.
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i went 1/2-orc as well for the 5% crit damage

was going for a build in this order
    Power
    Lifesteal
    Crit
    but it seems lifesteal dosen't happen on weapons & in general is not a common find on any rogue gear,
    & when you do get a piece it is on the low end when compared to the other adds which you could have instead.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited March 2013
    I tried getting some moevement speed, but it gave so little in return. So i just went all out power and crit
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I went with half-orc. Partly because of the hilarity and partly because of the str/dex/ 5% crit severity / temp movement buff.

Drow would likely be the best suited race, but i am fundamentially opposed to playing metro-sexual looking elves or anything resembling them.

Also, i found a cool hat and cloak tht made my guy look like the mutant cricket from the movie "monster in paris". And my fangs stuck through the face piece.
  • Options
    smokeygbsmokeygb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    Half-Elf.

For a character I had back in the day. Bless this game and the recycling it allows. :D
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zikel666 wrote: »
    Drow because I want to my rouge to be over powdered

One attacking a whole town can result in a mascara.
    x:<
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    One attacking a whole town can result in a mascara.
    x:<
    Not true. Don't makeup such nonsense.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • Options
    fifix92fifix92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Half-Orc is the best on paper, but it's quite silly to see that race as a rogue...
    Human is nice (+3 feats, +2 STR or +2 DEX).
  • Options
    honzohonzo Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I usually always play humans, but of they don't add better hair styles or better facial hair styles I'm going to be rolling a Drow. At least then the dark skin and white hair will make the average as hair styles looks kinda cooler.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It only takes one candle to light a fire, and then the darkness is gone."
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Not true. Don't makeup such nonsense.

Curses~ My concealer has failed, the embarrassment is making me blush.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    xcammixcammi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 98
    edited March 2013
    Halfling or dwarf, but I suppose since I purchased the Hero's founder pack I'm obligated to play the fancy schmancy race I get from it :rolleyes:
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I am between Drow (Menzo renegade) and Half-Orc
  • Options
    kaelon79kaelon79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2013
    Half Orc certainly has the best racial bonuses for a trickery rogue; boosting str and dex as your primary dmg stats, then with all the other feat choices going around crits that extra 5% is even more powerful, then to top it all off with a run speed bonus while you are in stealth at the start of the fight. Is there really any question...

For a decent second and RP, halfling is certainly the way I would go.
  • Options
    coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Female dwarf, because when I'm jamming a rusty shiv in your back I want to do with a curvy lady in leather pants <3
  • Options
    wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Halfling of course.

I do wish I could pick pocket NPCs in town just for fun. Have it so you are not successful every time. When you do succeed have it give 1 copper to everybody in your group so they know you are out working the crowd.