test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Healers and Tanks: Are They Bugged?

tgnetblaisetgnetblaise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
WHat is the deal with Tanks not holding aggrro and not being able to take aggrro back when adds spawn on the healer??? What is the deal with Healing Word saying its healing for 1000 and its barley moving your health bar (3400 hp)...... I was healing the lvl 15 dungeon and omg it was nasty..... I was use RMB to put the heal on hit on mobs and would use my aoe heal when it was off cd use the chains ability to group mobs up and use healing word to heal myself and who ever that was taking heavy damage.....

Tanks wow they need to get looked at.... I have not played a tank yet but I will next beta just so i see how they tank and what abilitys that they have to use.. I beleave that every healer should always play a tank just so they no about the role... Ok... Tank pulls a group of mobs they are on him fine I use RMB to put the heal on hit on mobs then mobs spawn in...... All of them be line to me the healer....5sec they are still on me.. Out of stamina.... 19sec They are still on me... health is at 50%... Me on voice "Tank get these mobs off of me" no reply back.. I run back to where the tank is and just sit there and keep RMB so everyone in the party can get healed... Health is at 20%..... Mobs are still on me..... At this point I can't do anything.. I have nothen that can heal myself with. Healing word should be that heal but something is wrong with it...... And then I die......Now i'm like WT*... Peice of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tank blah blah blah... Then the tank says he has been using his tanking abilitys but they won't pull aggrro or hold it...Then I ask so whats the point of you tanking then?

Now this has appened with alot of different tanks... I have dps and I always see the same thing...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stisti86stisti86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WHat is the deal with Tanks not holding aggrro and not being able to take aggrro back when adds spawn on the healer??? What is the deal with Healing Word saying its healing for 1000 and its barley moving your health bar (3400 hp)...... I was healing the lvl 15 dungeon and omg it was nasty..... I was use RMB to put the heal on hit on mobs and would use my aoe heal when it was off cd use the chains ability to group mobs up and use healing word to heal myself and who ever that was taking heavy damage.....

Tanks wow they need to get looked at.... I have not played a tank yet but I will next beta just so i see how they tank and what abilitys that they have to use.. I beleave that every healer should always play a tank just so they no about the role... Ok... Tank pulls a group of mobs they are on him fine I use RMB to put the heal on hit on mobs then mobs spawn in...... All of them be line to me the healer....5sec they are still on me.. Out of stamina.... 19sec They are still on me... health is at 50%... Me on voice "Tank get these mobs off of me" no reply back.. I run back to where the tank is and just sit there and keep RMB so everyone in the party can get healed... Health is at 20%..... Mobs are still on me..... At this point I can't do anything.. I have nothen that can heal myself with. Healing word should be that heal but something is wrong with it...... And then I die......Now i'm like WT*... Peice of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> tank blah blah blah... Then the tank says he has been using his tanking abilitys but they won't pull aggrro or hold it...Then I ask so whats the point of you tanking then?

Now this has appened with alot of different tanks... I have dps and I always see the same thing...

QUOTE!
    i played the,Cleric devote in this beta weekend, up to lvl 25.
    SAme probleme here. You can't cast anything heal or ALL mob come for Healer, is absourd but i think/hope they can fix this stuff....
    Yes ok in all mmorpg the healer make much aggro, but I have never seen such a thing. I make last boss in dungeon lvl 25 , ALL FIGHT the last boss over his trash were always aggro from me, all fight....the tank try taunt but nothing....
    Is already difficult to treat with the system you implemented, you can not select party members to heal them.
    We also want to add that the healer must do tank because the tank does not take the aggro?
    Pls Fix this stuff
  • Options
    kaias2kaias2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is the deal with Healing Word saying its healing for 1000 and its barley moving your health bar (3400 hp)

You take -50% heal from your heals ;)
    enjoooooy
  • Options
    mogwaimogwai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i believe it's not so much to do with aggro as it is improved mob AI
    that is,...mobs are smarter
    this does not need to be fixed XD
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kaias2 wrote: »
    You take -50% heal from your heals ;)
    enjoooooy

You mean -75%, the tooltip is a lie, a big fat phoney!

Beta is beta however, I am sure we will see some more tweaking of this reduction I would bet it ends up at -50% or -25%.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • Options
    stisti86stisti86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i believe it's not so much to do with aggro as it is improved mob AI
    that is,...mobs are smarter
    this does not need to be fixed XD

seriously?
    I think you have not tried the cleric, if you think it is normal, then whats is the meaning of playng a tank? so it is better to play a dps and not a tank.The cleric can not make the healer and tank at the same time. If so you want to end up with 10 clerics in all the game
  • Options
    kegolinkegolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i loved playing cleric, but doing instances/dungeon was a epic pain, maybe give the cleric another name like "Tank Pot Cleric", that way no one get confused in next beta :)

hope they fix this in next beta week, cos running around like a chicken and spamming pots, ain't fun.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hope they fix this in next beta week, cos running around like a chicken and spamming pots, ain't fun.

Really true!
    lol Tank pot cleric this is a true name of Devote cleric!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    stisti86 wrote: »
    seriously?
    I think you have not tried the cleric, if you think it is normal, then whats is the meaning of playng a tank? so it is better to play a dps and not a tank.The cleric can not make the healer and tank at the same time. If so you want to end up with 10 clerics in all the game

if you faced several enemies at once i'm sure your 1st target would be the cleric
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    if you faced several enemies at once i'm sure your 1st target would be the cleric

I really do not understand, I repeat in all mmorpg curator creates aggro, but can not create aggro to the first treatment used, this does not make sense. You may not heal and tank at the same time. I can assure you it is not fun to play so.
    And i repeat why need a Tank if he can not take the aggro? If he spam TAUNT and this taunt don t work? why ?
  • Options
    rhaistrhaist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Totally agree with the comments here.

I got my Cleric to 41. We went into a few areas where only the tank and I were present to fight a tougher mob. It often (but not always) would target me first. Even if I did nothing, and just let the tank attack the mob, it wouldn't change targets. On many of these fights we found it almost impossible to have the tank get aggro, and the times that he did, a single heal from me would change the aggro back to my face.

I've played a healer in most games, and this amount of aggro is off the scale. I expect a fair amount of aggro with my role - but not ~100%.
  • Options
    quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really true!
    lol Tank pot cleric this is a true name of Devote cleric!

Haha, that's exactly how I felt in a group.
  • Options
    monthre53monthre53 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Honestly the cleric needs a better way to target the heals pls
    thnx
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Honestly the cleric needs a better way to target the heals pls
    thnx

This is also true!
    Really sucks the target system to heal.
    Not to mention that we also tanking! Face palm
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I really do not understand, I repeat in all mmorpg curator creates aggro, but can not create aggro to the first treatment used, this does not make sense. You may not heal and tank at the same time. I can assure you it is not fun to play so.
    And i repeat why need a Tank if he can not take the aggro? If he spam TAUNT and this taunt don t work? why ?

The aggro mechanics are different in this game as compared to so many others. As i've stated in another similar thread..we wanted to play a ~new sort of mmorpg & they delivered...now ppl are complaining for what they got.
    If i stick out my middle finger at someone they are taunted until someone then hits em with a ball bat. just makes sense.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    we wanted to play a ~new sort of mmorpg & they delivered

LOOL If for a "new sort of mmorpg" means that during ALL the bosses encaunter the dps and tank need to run after the boss and helaer, for all the duration of the ancaunter, this "new sort" SUCKS!
    Try to play as a cleric in any dungeon pls! As you are the only one here, to support this situation.
  • Options
    wakawikawakawika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2013
    Dude go play some high lv Cleric, cuz you have no clue on how big this problem is.

Clerics should do alot of aggro, but NEVER more than the Guardian.
    The MAIN job of a GF is to tank by taking the aggro, if they cant do that, since Clerics take ALL the aggro, there is NO point to have a Guardian Fighter in the party.
    Also the Clerics got 50-75% less heal on themselves already, they cant heal themselves as much as healing others.
    So this problem makes two classes useless, since Clerics take the whole damage from the mobs (making the GF useless) and endup dying cuz they cant heal themselves as much (making them also useless...dead).

Understand the issue here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Dude go play some high lv Cleric, cuz you have no clue on how big this problem is.

Clerics should do alot of aggro, but NEVER more than the Guardian.
    The MAIN job of a GF is to tank by taking the aggro, if they cant do that, since Clerics take ALL the aggro, there is NO point to have a Guardian Fighter in the party.
    Also the Clerics got 50-75% less heal on themselves already, they cant heal themselves as much as healing others.
    So this problem makes two classes useless, since Clerics take the whole damage from the mobs (making the GF useless) and endup dying cuz they cant heal themselves as much (making them also useless...dead).

Understand the issue here.

Nothing more than true
  • Options
    kegolinkegolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My biggest concern is the limitation of healing control you have over the Cleric, atm you need to be a real calm person and hit the right target with your crosshair and hope to god you don't get agro after you cast your HoT.

My experience after i hit lvl30 in beta week #3, is i never hit the right target in a dungeon with 5 ppl, on top of that, you need calm sniper skillz to heal while running from agro 24/7.
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    did your tanks start fight marking boss(never lost agro from boss this way) and then only keep spamming Tab key to hold agro(no1 over agro me on bosses like this, kiting boss and doing like +-10%dmg on boss) but problem are adds like tank you can force them to attack you every +-12secs but only for few secs and you cant hold agro longer, later you at will shield slam(not so long range but its +- fine) you rush to 1 target and marked target and all mobs around him problem is they ignore it

if your tank use tab key agro only once and think agro done it dont work like this
    lair of mad dragon last 2 bosses keeping agro without problems, only adds was problem(if they fix that shield slam, tab key on boss and shield slam on adds=no problem holding agro)
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mogwai wrote: »

If this was what they really intended to happen in game play, there would either be no tank class, or the tank class would be given a bunch of abilities to absorb or block damage for other people instead of having threat generation mechanics.

So as for your comment that it's all working perfectly...I say rubbish.
  • Options
    darklor38darklor38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WHat is the deal with Tanks not holding aggrro and not being able to take aggrro back when adds spawn on the healer??? What is the deal with Healing Word saying its healing for 1000 and its barley moving your health bar (3400 hp)......

Anyone else read this with a Seinfeld voice in their head?
  • Options
    valkrillvalkrill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I guess my question is......

Is this game supposed to have the Tank, Healer, Damage dealers party set up when doing the dungeon delves?

Because if that is what they intend for this game (which I dont mind at all) then they have a lot wrong.
    As it sat at the end of BW3, most clerics had aggro all the time, tanks could not pull things off of them and cleric heals were less effective than potions. The clerics need a massive threat reduction, a liberal healing boost and the in combat potion cooldown needs to be increased.
    If they arent going for the trinity thing then they need to bump up the damage for the cleric and not give them so many heal only abilities.
    If one of these things doesnt happen you probably wont see to many clerics and even if you do you wont want them in your group.
    As it is now, I would rather take another damage dealer, have everyone whip out the cleric companions and just bring more pots. They currently have lackluster heals and low damage.
  • Options
    nastyvixennastyvixen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yet another ignorant post. No they are not bugged. YES they work great. tanking is near perfect pay attentiuons to skills and the half dozen skills you get for taunting at later levels. YES healing is how it should be. if anything at all in this game is hard for you.. seriously you or anyone it is "hard to play" for should simply not play. my 9yearold kicked *** all weekend and got to 28th level or something like that and never died.
    PS the cleric agro this weekend was a bug. the devs already said so. it is being fixed. moveing on.
  • Options
    khupa1khupa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 96
    edited March 2013
    nastyvixen wrote: »
    yet another ignorant post. No they are not bugged. YES they work great. tanking is near perfect pay attentiuons to skills and the half dozen skills you get for taunting at later levels. YES healing is how it should be. if anything at all in this game is hard for you.. seriously you or anyone it is "hard to play" for should simply not play. my 9yearold kicked *** all weekend and got to 28th level or something like that and never died.
    PS the cleric agro this weekend was a bug. the devs already said so. it is being fixed. moveing on.

WoW Somebody make a question about is bugged, No devs came here to said it was but you have to come here and troll. Really if you don't have nothing constructive to said, maybe post the link of what that Dev said.

They already close posts but players been a-holes to each other, only because is easy to do something like that in a forum. But i bet that they don't speak like that to everybody in the Real World.

Some people forget to think 1st and then act, that may save their life in the future. If not treat others the way you want to be treated no matter were you are, trust me it does work wonders.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    There is a post in another thread by a PW staff number saying they are looking into it (the agro stuff), anyway the Cleric selfhealing is bugged 75% less effective and not 50% like in game text says.
  • Options
    coyotedeltacoyotedelta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    The aggro mechanics are different in this game as compared to so many others. As i've stated in another similar thread..we wanted to play a ~new sort of mmorpg & they delivered...now ppl are complaining for what they got.
    If i stick out my middle finger at someone they are taunted until someone then hits em with a ball bat. just makes sense.

First of all, this is essentially Tera or Raider Z with a new skinjob. We're about as "new" as any korean MMO is to WoW.

Second, it's not about what makes sense, it's about how the holy trinity holds up. A tank holds the attention of mobs, a healer keeps allies alive, a dps kills things. If the tank can't do its job there's no reason for it to exist. If they don't change how fast heals aggro enemies or introduce a way for healers to reduce aggro there would be no point for a tank because they can't draw enough attention to keep the healer or dps safe. If tanks can't do their job, no one will play them, and if no one plays tanks then there's no one to effectively heal. If there's no one to effectively heal, no one plays the healer. Eventually everyone who isn't absolutely dedicated to their character's going to switch over to a dps class (TRs most likely) and play them like a solo class. People will go out of their way to make their character have the highest damage output so they can kill mobs faster than they can attack, and the game will turn into a contest to see who can have the highest numbers. I'm not saying get rid of heal aggro entirely, but as it stands most boss fights are a Benny Hill routine with the cleric frantically running around as the guardian is doing their level best to aggro mobs in every way they can. As a tank I want to feel useful to the party somehow, and let's face it- you didn't add me to the party because of my wicked "damage".

This is a game where midgets in armor can swing a sword as long as they are at a ten foot tall humanoid with tusks and have it actually knock them off their feet in a world where flying lizards that breathe fire are held in the same regard as grizzly bears. There is nothing to "make sense" of. It's about giving purpose and reason to the classes using combat mechanics.
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is a bug with the amount self heals were reduced and the development team has said that they are aware that clerics are getting to much agro now. It will be tuned in future patches.
  • Options
    meowkittonmeowkitton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is the deal with Tanks not holding aggro and not being able to take aggro back when adds spawn on the healer???

You have no idea. I was tanking - teaming up with my friend who was playing a trickster rogue. I had all my skills for threat and block recharge - even using the challenge skill which locks the target in 1v1 against you: I could still lose aggro; even using everything at once! I could still lose aggro. It was crazy, having to try to constantly pop everything and only getting them on me for a few moments - until they ran off again. It was intense.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Maybe the ~ in front of new ("~new") went unnoticed, it's inconsequential.

The point is this is not a traditional mmo. Who wants to play clones? & there would be no excitement generated to play at all if that were the case.

To me the message(s) stated here & there by the admin. are clear, we got to get used to the idea that there are different factors involved than most of us are used to. NW began 5 years ago, so it has some of the signs that many of us see as familiar & then we get a sense that it should be played a certain familiar way.

This thread, like several other in current discussion (i hope many who are posting here also see those ones), started off with a "heal-aggro" type of dialogue focus which is not really the case. I did not search around to see if i was 1st to say it but from my own findings, review of many other users statements, & lots of videos, sometime mid Friday during play i surmised the "problem" is in the AI /kill clerics 1st/ unfortunately this carries over to every single mob in proximity lol, but as soon as i realized this i changed a bit to compensate, which helped some just by noting it but not entirely enough.

So far i said no more than in my 1st post in this thread...only stretched it out.

In any case clerics are still being looked at & tweaked as we speak.

P.S. Next chance i get to play i will make a crazy bad *** cleric & name him "LoOt" XD
  • Options
    squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Taunts and, broadly speaking, almost all forms of aggro management in MMOs are stand-ins for the vastly harder to simulate 'get in the enemy's way to keep them from attacking your squishy healer'. Since NW has a threat mechanic and has thus chosen this shortcut, it needs to make it work.
    SQUIRREL!