test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CrypticError and launcher crash

Comments

• Options
    mlponeringrule84mlponeringrule84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also having this problem. Teamviewer is turned off. Windows 7 totally reloaded, all drivers updated but still crashing.
  • Options
    cheesiechristcheesiechrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I too had a crypticerror. Now the launcher is stuck 'patching...' after logging in. -_-
  • Options
    maverick827maverick827 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My client is still crashing after trying to log in. I don't use any of the applications that have been said to cause issues.

The lack of developer response to this is a very troubling sign for the game.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for taking the time to report these issues to us. I'm grateful to see that you've taken the time to provide us with these details.

For those who have reported their ErrorTracker numbers, we are actively triaging these reports during beta. Unfortunately these types of issues can not always be remedied instantly, as they may require code fixes, testing, and updates to the client/server. However, we are actively doing everything we can to ensure that these errors are looked into and fixed as quickly as possible.

As some helpful users such as aqezz and scrolltro0l have mentioned (thank you!), there are certain applications that can cause conflicts with the Launcher. TeamViewer is one example. We are working on a fix for that, though an ETA on the fix has not yet been determined. If you haven't already, it's worth checking your open applications and ending any processes that might intercept or redirect data that the Launcher is trying to receive.

We also have a Perfect World Technical support forum for those who would like to work through their issue with a representative: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

Additionally, our support team is available to assist with individual PC/network issues via the ticket system: support.perfectworld.com

Thanks again for reporting your issues here. Once again, we're sorry if anyone has had issues getting into beta. We will continue troubleshooting these errors on the code side, and gathering data from the forums. Please feel free to continue letting us know about any issues you encounter with the Neverwinter Launcher.

Edit: We also have a sticky with additional helpful tips for troubleshooting Neverwinter launcher issues: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7241
  • Options
    myrrdinccrmyrrdinccr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi guys, Cryptic programmer here.

I'm sorry to hear that you guys can't get in. What error number are you getting? CrypticError should give this to you, at the screen that says "please tell us what happened."

Mine just says requestion ticket number then crashes all together and goes away
  • Options
    myrrdinccrmyrrdinccr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OK. I closed TeamViewer and was able to get an error ticket number this time: 17951902.
  • Options
    milavanmilavan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I installed Teamwiever and did what isomorph told here (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?43001-Issues-with-TeamViewer-and-Neverwinter), and the server status lamp changed to green. I still have the crash but maybe worth to mention it.
  • Options
    scormacscormac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The server status thing is fixed for every1 i think.

Also when i crash i dont even get an error number it just says "gamecient.exe has stopped working"
  • Options
    liquidwizliquidwiz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if they are going to add some more beta time because of this misunderstanding?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    This is not a missunderstanding:D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    this is beta and we found an error:)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...
    ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log
    Communicating with Cryptic Error Tracker...
    Terminating crashed process...
    Sending Diagnostic Information...
    Cleaning up...
    Cleanup Complete!
    Waiting for description...

Do you have the same message?
  • Options
    gamerx33gamerx33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Crash right after i clicked enter the world

error code : 14180372
  • Options
    cyphercoltcyphercolt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On Windows 8 with a GTX 660 ti it was crashing.

I disabled Teamviewer and the launcher worked correctly [running as administrator in compatibility mode for win7] haven't tried taking those options off, but works fine now!

edit: fixed a typo
  • Options
    torkilltorkill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Error Ticket ID: 18946633
    Crashing every time a try to enter the world, after character select
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    such a wonderful beta test weekend, sad I wasn't able to play:D
  • Options
    tararara68tararara68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was able to play a little from my gf pc. Couldn't play from home though.
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skspar wrote: »
    error ticket id 18017669
    i have the same error to

This error means PhysX failed to load. Our game requires PhysX 2.8.1, and that should install with it. I haven't looked at your crash dump (which shows a lot of information that the CrypticError report just summarizes). However, looking at this crash would not normally be my department anyway. Does your computer support this version of PhysX?

Dave
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've filed a bug report about this for one of the animation programmers to investigate.

Dave
  • Options
    alkayealkaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gamerx33 wrote: »
    Crash right after i clicked enter the world

error code : 14180372

What CPU and GPU do you have? I have he exact same problem...
  • Options
    bruuserbruuser Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue that pug77 had. The Decompression error.
  • Options
    bcolfleshbcolflesh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started getting this today after the world was down for patching - I also had to exit out of TeamViewer for the launcher to work - which makes no sense, as it has always worked in conjunction w/TeamViewer up to this point.
  • Options
    cookiocapracookiocapra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got this for patch .16 Please help!

Patch: Got command DO_BUTTON_ACTION Night:Neverwinter
    startPatch, current root C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
    new Night:Neverwinter
    Connecting with root C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live
    PatchClientLib: connecting to patchserver.crypticstudios.com:7255
    Requesting SOCKS4 connection
    SOCKS connection active
    PatchClientLib: redirecting to 208.95.184.179:7255
    Requesting SOCKS4 connection
    SOCKS connection active
    PatchClientLib: skipping unneeded autoupdate CrypticLauncherNNO
    PatchClientLib: successfully connected
    PatchClientLib: Using HTTP patching: server nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com port
    80 prefix Night
    Loading manifest: C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/Live/.patch
    /NightClient.manifest...done
    Loading hoggs...done. (0.07)
    Deleting files...done (0 deleted). (0.00)
    Deleting rogue files...done (0 deleted). (0.00)
    Examining hoggs...done. (0.21)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36

A file was locked that could not be open for writing - Could not rename file tha
    t could not be overwritten (C:/Program Files (x86)/Cryptic Studios/Neverwinter/L
    ive/GameClient.exe)
    PatchClientLib Error: The patchclientlib is returning error code : 36
    A file was locked that could not be open for writing
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 10.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 9.
    Error 36: A file was locked that could not be open for writing. Restart in 8.
  • Options
    ahmet6761ahmet6761 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yeah I have
  • Options
    lifebitlifebit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Launcher indictates "Patiching" but not what it is patching or progress or anything. Cannot start gameand cannot play :-(
    There is NO gameclient.exe anywhere under /Live directory
    I enabled "force verify"--> no effect
  • Options
    kiritodragoneelkiritodragoneel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys, Cryptic programmer here.

I'm sorry to hear that you guys can't get in. What error number are you getting? CrypticError should give this to you, at the screen that says "please tell us what happened."

my error is the one that why cryptic loads finish i hear sound but no picture :(
  • Options
    morchou29morchou29 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hi guys, when i launch my game, I go to cryptic screen but zen it crash and the eror report is :
    "Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info..."
    I have unistall and re-download it but doesn't work, please help (I try to launch it 7 times after module 4 coming and i can't play)

edit 1: I don't have error ticket ID, it says me "requesting" during all the time
  • Options
    brultbrult Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just after the Cryptic loading screen I get CrypticError: Oops
    ErrorticketID 32926681
    Tried verfying files/uninstalling but still crashing.
  • Options
    kenwizardkenwizard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    brult wrote: »
    Just after the Cryptic loading screen I get CrypticError: Oops
    ErrorticketID 32926681
    Tried verfying files/uninstalling but still crashing.

I'm having the same problem and always of this error 32926681.
  • Options
    koolywampuskoolywampus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've had this problem for 4 days. An hour before the maintenance I logged in no problem. Sence then I haven't been able to get in.
    Oppohere draconem est preherndere vitam.
This discussion has been closed.