test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Survivability and ability to solo content

2»

Comments

• cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I played a trickster in the beta 2 weekend. It seemed liked in the beginning, up until about level 20 I always had about 30 healing potions and everyone was dropping them. I was always about to run out and no one was dropping them as I approached level 30. Just my thoughts
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • overd0goverd0g Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cartiva wrote: »
    I played a trickster in the beta 2 weekend. It seemed liked in the beginning, up until about level 20 I always had about 30 healing potions and everyone was dropping them. I was always about to run out and no one was dropping them as I approached level 30. Just my thoughts

I was experiencing the same thing.
  • darkstrider34darkstrider34 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a lvl 45 rogue,hit max last beta.

Realize that I dont have a companion,simply because its beta and id never do something silly like this again. We go through health potions like crazy and within the solo quest instances,I almost end up spending roughly 20-30 pots on one quest.

Lets not get started on mitigation issues either being completely solo. If you dont have an ounce of defense/deflection gear,kiss any hp you have goodbye. I fought Captain Kayless for a good hour and a half,running out of 60+ pots I'd had to buy.
    In groups,I think we're pretty solid,except I iwsh trap disarming was more beneficial
  • markoooosmarkoooos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One good thing about nw is that all charcters need skill and work the best if you have some!
    What I meant is that: the rogue can dodge with shift and almost all of his abilities can be used to get away or kill them before they touch you, however you need to know when to use them and witch can get combo(-ed?).
    Other classes can tank (block) the attacks and other can kill them before they get close! (wizard)
    Exept from skill you will also need a companion that suits your class.
  • kallethenkallethen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kallethen wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Trickster Rogue very much, in both soloing and partying. A good portion of my time was spent partying with a friend who played a cleric. We were a great combo.

When soloing, the key is to rely on Stealth and your Bait and Switch.

Just want to say I did more soloing than partying in BW3. I still love this class. As I said above, Stealth and Bait and Switch are great in tandem. Go Stealth, fire off some At-Wills, pop Bait and Switch which will distract AND refill a chunk of your Stealth bar. More At-Wills, then finish with another Encounter power just before Stealth ends. I also suggest getting the Cleric Disciple as your first companion. Her heals come in VERY handy and you'll rely on potions a lot less, at least with the trash mobs and such.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nischananischana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    O.o what did you guys do ?
    i had a full offensiv rogue up to lvl 26 this weekend and jea in compare to controll mage its absurtly overpowert i have now saved up to 130 pots...cause i dont need them.
    With stealth you just kill all enemys so insane fast that many groups are death before you leave stealth.
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dinohedron wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    There are some really good posts in here that illustrate how to be survivable as a Trickster Rogue. Your power selection can go a long way to make a build deadly and fast but dangerous or slower but safer. We do expect pretty much all class builds to need healing potions as they play but what style you chose can change that up some.

We are also keeping a close eye on tons of data from beta and alpha including healing potions used/gained and number of deaths so we can make sure all of the classes are more or less in line with one another. We're making adjustments as we turn up places where something is off to make sure everything is nice and smooth for launch.

-Zeke

This sounds like rogue nerf incoming guys. Pray they don't do to rogue what they did to cleric.

Well dino, if you want to drive players away, make everyone chug potions like a cleric has to do even in solo content.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I didn't have my first death until level 26 on the Doombringers quest. I had no problems at all with potion use up to the point where I got my first companion and picked a cleric. As long as you keep your gear current and are allocating your points as you level, you shouldn't have a problem. You can revive your fallen companion very quickly as well so there is that. I would usually do this when soloing the basic group 2 weak and 1 strong:

1. Mow down weak mobs with ranged axes (usually burn down 2 before all charges are used).
    2. Start attacking strong until he does his power attack then pop bait and switch. (pause a second for clone to gain aggro).
    3. Use the teleport skill (forgot what its called) to appear behind the strong.
    4. Standard attack until next power attack and use a stun... then finish normally.

I "might" take a hit in this fashion. You can also do this by starting in stealth and meleeing the 2 adds down first.

I had a BLAST with the rogue. Very fun class.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do have to say that the Doombringers made me really think about what I was doing as well. It had something like 4 strongs and some summoned weak adds all at one time. Spanked me good until I went in stealthed and used the stealth daily to extend my stealth time and increase damage as an initial opener. Was able to mow down 2 strongs by the time my daily expired and brought me out of stealth. Then it was managable with potions. I suspect the later half of the game (30-60) will really change how you play.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The thing about the Doombringer's area... I kept getting my tail handed to me and was not sure WHY... until I realized that I was level 24 and the foes were level 29! I went back to the Blackdagger Ruins and ran around the forest until I was like level 26 or so and went back and fared much better.

I solo'd to level 50 during BW #3 with a cleric companion, aka aggro-magnet sacrificial-lamb. She ALWAYS died. Well, 'got knocked unconscious'... but she managed to live long enough for me to win most fights.

Only fight I gave up on was Captain Kayliss... after four attempts I was too frustrated to try again. She was the SAME level as me, but she spent no time whacking my cleric and the Bait and Switch shadow melted away almost instantly so it was just ME. Beginning to think some MOVEMENT bonuses in gear might be handy for those fights. :P
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I focused on Crit, Power and lifesteal mostly. Not really sure how movement and regen play into the mix but would love to find out. Yeah that poor cleric was definately an aggro magnet lol (as were most player clerics hahaha). Dungeon battles were a bit chaotic for clerics I think but having potions AND companions in the dungeon with you I really loved. Seems most games make you drop companions when you group or reach max group size. Hope that stays in!
  • themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I was running around murdering those big shocktrooper devils in the zone that had the competition to do just that.

All you need is a sturdy companion (I used the dog, he has a neat knockdown ability). When you stealth, your aggro gets taken off the table, so whatever you're attacking defaults to attacking your pet.

I'd usually open with blitz, to wear down/one shot any adds with him, then stealth> deulist's flurry> Shadow strike (to refill stealth) > Lurker's assault (if you had at least 50% action points coming into combat it should be full by now) 2-3 more deulist's flurry> shadow strike again once lurker runs out and your stealth runs low, depending on remaining hp, >sly flourish till you have a sliver of stealth left, then lashing blade.

If it's still alive after that, either you have poor weapons, or you shouldn't have attacked it, lol.

alternatively, you could have bait and switch on your bar instead blitz, and use that before the first shadow strike. You would gain action points faster, and have another stealth bar to go through, meaning you could just about have 0 action points coming into the fight and still pull off that combo.

I prefer having blitz on my bar though for packs of imps and zombies. Also, stealth+blitz+ smart feat choices = like 35-50% action points on a pack of minions (and can 1 shot minions on a good crit)