test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing UI (Pixel shader creation failed)

abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Most of the UI doesn't show up for me. The game is still playable, but scroll bars, UI backgrounds, many icons, and most importantly all of the bars at the bottom (Health, Action, Stamina) are missing. A few screenshots to show what I mean:

nwbugreport7.png

nwbugreport2.png

nwbugreport4.png

And I'm not sure if this is related, but when loading the game, this little error pops up at the bottom of the screen:
nwbugreport1.png

I'm guessing this has something to do with my graphics card, so I'm using an ATI Radeon X1550 with fully up-to-date drivers (though it's a legacy card now). The game plays smoothly at low settings, this is the only hitch I seem to have.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• scruffferscrufffer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem, except a slight bit worse, my UI issue is the same, scrollbars and UI elements are just gone, however where you see your skills on your screen there, I just see pitch black boxes. Text still appearing as usual when I hover over them with my mouse, the same is true during character creation for Race/Class/Diety images, only text is available, it's otherwise just blank space, and classes can't be seen even as text unless currently scrolled over. I will also add I'm not sure that I've ever noticed that error during the loading sequence, but same as you my game runs perfectly fine and smooth on low settings, just a problem of this. Hopefully it can be fixed in the future~
  • abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I had the same problem with character creation. The only icons that showed up for that were the character editing ones (hair, head type, etc.). It was extremely frustrating navigating through all of that without images, but I'm glad I don't have that problem with any of my skills but the dailies.
    edited March 2013
    Bump! Tried everything listed in this post, but none of it helped.
  • scruffferscrufffer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Same, followed all of the possible steps and still an issue for me. Myself and my gf are both having this issue, and although we both take interest and feel we might enjoy the game, we'd rather wait till we can have a fix for this if possible, which should probably be soon~ It is still the Cbt, and that's what it's for, to identify and fix as many issues and bugs as can be before the actual release~
  • ganndogganndog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's been a few posts on this issue which I also experienced. One of the forum moderators posted a few options in another thread so thank you very much, one of which worked for me: go to video, click troubleshooting and drivers - should be two driver options; try the beta one - fixed all my issues and hope it does the same for you.
    'Get me out of this hell hole.'
    edited March 2013
    I don't have any such option.

nwbugreport8.png
    edited March 2013
    Bump for visibility.
    edited March 2013
    Still having this same problem in BW3, still can't find a way to fix it.
  • the1337dhamthe1337dham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem and its really annoying me! Especially since i cant see like the 2 most important things - health and stamina.
  • sergioandredmsergioandredm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem and its really annoying me! Especially since i cant see like the 2 most important things - health and stamina.

Tried Everything, nothing worked, but is good to know I`m not alone LOL.
    edited March 2013
    Hurray for more comrades in UI-lessness! The more people have this problem, the more they'll want to fix it, so please speak up if you have the same problem, or if you know of another way to fix it. :)
    edited March 2013
    Tried the other post stuff and nothing, even re download the game, well this sucks!!
    edited March 2013
  • ichigofullbring9ichigofullbring9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    same problem here... and can't fix it ._.
  • thedoomgineerthedoomgineer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am also having this issue and have taken various screenshots showcasing the issue:

nwrace.jpg
    nwclass.jpg

I assume there is supposed to be a map here?
    nwzoneselect.jpg

Notice lack of any indication of health, stamina and experience... making playing pretty difficult.
    nwinterface2.jpg

I'm thinking maybe a good compromise would be to add a troubleshooting option to disable the high graphic interface to display one that doesn't need to rely on pixel shading... or at the very least allow us to display some numbers in the place of missing health/xp/stamina. :P
  • agaron20agaron20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have same problem too :( I want to try play on my notebook, it's old a litle, but it can run the game, just some UI element missing...
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    Same problem here. Game runs fine but I can't see my HP meter so I can't very well do much.
  • theonlypenguintheonlypenguin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having the exact same problem, cannot see my health, stamina, or exp bar. Games run perfectly though.
    edited March 2013
    I have to double tap c if I want to see my health. Far from ideal but it will do.
    edited March 2013
    Already linked it once in this thread, but everyone having this problem please try these fixes to see if they help. They may not work for everyone (they didn't for me) but they've worked for some.
  • feedmedotfeedmedot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this is what you have to do step by step(do it in the order i say and it should work it did for me)
    1.check mark "Disable On-Demand Patching" on launcher options.
    2. uptdate your video card drivers
    3. go to ingame video options-troubleshooting and dirvers choose the beta one
    It should work now.
    edited March 2013
    feedmedot wrote: »
    this is what you have to do step by step(do it in the order i say and it should work it did for me)
    1.check mark "Disable On-Demand Patching" on launcher options.
    2. uptdate your video card drivers
    3. go to ingame video options-troubleshooting and dirvers choose the beta one
    It should work now.

As was already said in this thread, I don't have any such option.
  • viith3003viith3003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Also, tried all listed in this and the other thread. Still not working :(
  • berliadberliad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the exact same problem. I'm glad you folks took the screenies, because they are exactly my problem. No health bars, strange looking scroll bars, missing graphics during character creation. I'm running up to date (though legacy) drivers on an ATI Radeon X1900 series card. It's an older gaming rig. The game seems to run very well aside from these issues.

Edit: I'm also getting that same pixel shader error during start-up as shown in the original post.
    edited March 2013
    Would everyone having this issue who's unable to fix it please post what graphics card you're running? Perhaps it's just an issue with older, unsupported cards, because I've heard that the directx driver option in troubleshooting that can supposedly fix this, which is missing for me, relies on your graphics card driver.
  • nametakenqqnametakenqq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem, and also getting the pixel shader error on startup. tried all the fixes, none worked (don't have any directx. or beta driver settings under troubleshooting). My graphic card is kinda old Ati X1650 XT, but the game runs otherwise very smoothly, would love to see the issue resolved for launch or open beta even.
    edited March 2013
    So far everyone who's posted their card has had an old ATI Radeon... Too few people to say for sure though, so please keep posting your cards everyone.
    edited March 2013
    Yep, mine is a 256mb x1650. Tried disabling the on demand patching and it didn't work.
  • deloranddelorand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same as above, Ati Mobility Radeon x1600. Driver is 10-02 (legacy).
  • vanadiel1vanadiel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Idem , same problem , I have an ati radeon x1300