test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CrypticError and launcher crash

istrol148istrol148 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Everytime I go to log into the launcher, I get a CrypticError saying the application has crashed. I've tried restarting my system, I've uninstalled and re-installed the game twice now; nothing seems to fix it. I'm pretty sure my network isn't causing the error, as my friend was able to log on and install the patch from the same network.

My only guess is that there's a corrupt file somewhere, but as the crypticerror screen doesn't tell me what went wrong, I can only guess.

Anyone else having this issue or know a way to fix it?
Post edited by istrol148 on

Comments

• Options
    turboartigasturboartigas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i got the same problem dunno how to fix it yet :/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So, I re-downloaded everything and tried installing it again. Still no dice. Awesome
  • Options
    rokuzachirokuzachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reinstalled 4 times, still no luck. Instantly crash when trying to log in.

Win7 64bit
    i2500k
    16gb 2033mhz
    ATI 5870 1gb GPU, latest drivers
  • Options
    isomorphismisomorphism Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi guys, Cryptic programmer here.

I'm sorry to hear that you guys can't get in. What error number are you getting? CrypticError should give this to you, at the screen that says "please tell us what happened."
  • Options
    covetorcovetor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you guys can't get in. What error number are you getting? CrypticError should give this to you, at the screen that says "please tell us what happened."

Error ticket ID: 14457539
  • Options
    aqezzaqezz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When logging in with email instead of account name I get ticket ID 17949849

Edit: My buddy says he's got a lot of content under the Live\ directory, however all I have is the piggs folder with the *.hogg files. It seems I'm missing a lot of stuff, including GameClient.exe. He's going to zip up the extra stuff and send it over to me, will respond with results.

Edit 2: The launcher still gives an error however when running gameclient.exe directly I'm able to get to the in-game login screen. Version NW.1.20130309a.16. Times out at connecting to account server(It does this for my buddy as well). Force verify from the launcher doesn't seem to do anything.

Edit 3: Sometimes when running the launcher an IE window will open with the URL: res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm (I use google dns servers, specified in ipv4 settings of network card, if that helps at all.)

Edit 4: Noticed another difference from buddy's working copy, his launcher has a version number(CL_2013_01_30_20_15) where as mine does not(it's blank).
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Error ticket ID: 14459538

And thanks for showing up in my thread. Hopefully this can get sorted out!
  • Options
    sksparskspar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    istrol148 wrote: »
    Everytime I go to log into the launcher, I get a CrypticError saying the application has crashed. I've tried restarting my system, I've uninstalled and re-installed the game twice now; nothing seems to fix it. I'm pretty sure my network isn't causing the error, as my friend was able to log on and install the patch from the same network.

My only guess is that there's a corrupt file somewhere, but as the crypticerror screen doesn't tell me what went wrong, I can only guess.

Anyone else having this issue or know a way to fix it?

error ticket id 18017669
    i have the same error to
  • Options
    ctown2846ctown2846 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This sucks I'm having the same issues and my friend is using my laptop and just signed in no problem. Come on PWE please fix
  • Options
    mythdrannor32mythdrannor32 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Had this issue for about an hour. It now loads after a very long wait. Still get the IE window with url res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm opening. Takes approx 10mins to log in.

This was all working fine a few hours earlier.
    Stormfyre03-1.png
  • Options
    aqezzaqezz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Solved for me.. If any of you are running TeamViewer, kill it off before launching the launcher. Seems to interfere with the patching process which grabs those files I listed as missing before.
  • Options
    scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    @aqezz

Worked for me, thanks a ton! Silly of me not to think of that before.
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    maverick827maverick827 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I cannot log in, either. Error Ticket ID: 14459538.
  • Options
    ctown2846ctown2846 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont have teamviewer
  • Options
    degeneratestormdegeneratestorm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    aqezz wrote: »
    TeamViewer

I don't even know what that is?
  • Options
    hezrimbbihezrimbbi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    just a friendly notice most of the staff are asleep and not trying to fix this while we are still struggling to log on remember this when they say they all were working hard to fix this
  • Options
    scrolltro0lscrolltro0l Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Try closing any programs that could interfere with Dx,

Teamviewer, VNC, Recording Software, Apple Software (jk).
    Member of Order of the Raven Guild

scroll_sig.png
    lgz_sig.png
  • Options
    skyballerskyballer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The game launched and it loaded about 20% before crashing. ID 17981337. I just did a fresh install of windows 8 and nothing else running.
    Edit: Got to about 40% this time ID: 19658257
  • Options
    pug77pug77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok not sure if this is the same thing that happened to the rest of you but here it goes...

I install the game. It launches to patch. Patch completes. Play light lights up. I click play. game crashes.

Error Ticket ID:requesting

Fatal error: error decompressing data. Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue.:
    Technical details: error decompressing data: Verifying files in the launcher may fix this issue.:
    Texture_library/Ui/Starupscreens/Loadscreen_progress_bar_Empty_left.Jpg

I send the error report off but it doesnt send it sits in my active icons in the running programs area.
    when i click on it i can it allows me to show progress and i get this message:

CrypticError PID:6900 ETID:0
    Initializing...
    Attaching to crashed process...
    Harvesting data from crashed process...
    Mode: Customer
    Gathering Data Validation Info...

It this point I click on the Neverwinter icon to launch the launcher again. I get to the launcher and can type my username/password. it loads for a sec v 1.20130309a.16 then switches to patching but never actually starts patching or at least im not seeing any x/1000mb. it sits at patching forever or at least for 2-3 hours at which point I get upset stop the process and start over again. lol What am i doing wrong. Have tried most if not all of the things Ports, firewall, Force Verify, etc that have been mentioned in this thread and others.
  • Options
    chiurkachiurka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thank you. you beautiful creature ;D solved for me.
  • Options
    damis7damis7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem as pug77. What i should do?
  • Options
    liquidwizliquidwiz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so whats up? are programmers doing anything about it or we have to find a way around it ourselves?
  • Options
    addy1967addy1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aqezz wrote: »
    Solved for me.. If any of you are running TeamViewer, kill it off before launching the launcher. Seems to interfere with the patching process which grabs those files I listed as missing before.

WOW!! as simple as that. a big cheers to you for working that one out! ;)

Many thanks..
  • Options
    scormacscormac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't even have teamviewer and still have the same problems :/
  • Options
    milavanmilavan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i've just reinstalled my hole sytem, so now i have a clear win7 prof N and Neverwinter on it, and the same issue.. "oops crytip error.." during loading screen after i click the enter wolrd icon... I loose my faith:)..
  • Options
    toxxiktoxxik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you have displayfusion installed, add neverwinter to the compatibility list and disable all features for it. That resolved this error code for me.
  • Options
    vampiregoatvampiregoat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sometimes when I use the launcher for some odd reason it opens internet explorer and I don't even use that browser
  • Options
    milavanmilavan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i dont have it:(
  • Options
    shekienshekien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ahaha, If it crashes right after you log in, try opening the launcher, leave it at the log-in screen, then uninstall. Then log-in.. Worked for me, patching now :>
  • Options
    marluscmarlusc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Error Ticket ID: 603214
    Win7
    GeForce GTX 560Ti
    Driver Version 314.07
    Dual Monitor
This discussion has been closed.