test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Beta 2 - feedback (long, skills)

2»

Comments

• Options
    dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    According to the tooltip, it does. amosov78. Here is a resource you can use to give more concise feedback.
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I've been tanking in various MMO's for around 8 years, and I'm a pretty competent tank. I played up to level 33 this weekend, and partied with a group of competent players playing a rogue, wizard, and cleric the whole way.

For the most part, we would run into a mob and I'd smash my AoE taunt, and by the time it wore off things would be dead. The only time I had major issues holding threat was off of my rogue. When he's smashing 6.5-7K crits I feel like a temporary distraction at best.

Once my rogue friend actually started speccing for reduced threat, and I picked up the kickass dungeon token vendor weapon it became a lot less futile. If I made a minor mistake though, things would get loose everywhere. There's very little margin for error. I think if the mark mechanic was more useful then you'd have a bit more breathing room.

The only other things that annoyed me was the block bug, where you couldn't tell if you were blocking or not, and having EVERY ability root you. I can understand that SOME should, but with the slow animation of some attacks it's hard to GTFO of splat areas, and then you're left frantically smashing the shift key hoping your shield raises before the blast goes off.

I'm not sure if there's a button que or not, but even that would soften things up a little bit.
  • Options
    aldinvinedaaldinvineda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vanderhelm wrote: »

I do agree however that the class has no identity, right now it feel like dry toast. It has very low DPS, it's very hard to hold aggro even when playing it right and it's completely unnecessary to have one in a group.

Take the other trinity class, the Cleric. Any group composition can do Cloak Tower beginning to end without a Guardian Fighter or a Devoted Cleric; however, if you do have a Devoted Cleric in your party you can do the dungeon much faster, less messy and it's much more fun. They make a difference.

Having a Guardian Fighter on the other hand doesn't make the dungeon any more enjoyable, faster to clear and just a little less messy because it's not that they are 100% incompetenet at holding aggro, just mediocre. No difference to the experience whether you have one in your party or not...

Ideally, a group of any configuration should be able to clear a whole dungeon, but if they don't have a healer AND a tank they should have a much, much harder time doing so. I would really like it if the presence of a Guardian Fighter and/or a Cleric is something a group is very happy to have.

^ +1

No class should feel unnecessary.

It seems like most of the thread agrees on the need to rework the Mark mechanic.

Hopefully the smart folks at Cryptic can help improve Mark in a way that makes having the Guardian Fighter in a party, something to feel good about.
    Game On. AV

• Options
    infrasoundxinfrasoundx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    Alas the days of WoW ezmode have made such tanks acceptable...

I agree with you 100% but you never played vanilla wow? Tanking sucked. :> Naxx was ridiculous
  • Options
    cappio88cappio88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    I tried the Gray Wolf Skirmish (38-39 i guess) and found it not so easy to hold aggro in that one. Eveything just jumps and charges everywhere not letting you to reach them and keep them attacking you. I started using Threaten Rush ( a charge and taunt at-will attack) and found getting better. You're supposed to mark a distance target when it's not attacking you but actually the rush is more efficient than the TAB even if they should have the same amount of threat generation in single target.

Probably I'll be the only one saying this: I found Shield Slam generating more threat than Stab. Isn't it strange? Slam shouldn't generate aggro and stab is supposed to be one of the most efficient power to regain that but maybe was just my impression.
  • Options
    bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    Do you think strength is better at the moment for guardian fighters, or should a guardian fighter be more concerned about constitution at the moment?
  • Options
    cappio88cappio88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    bjac9 wrote: »
    Do you think strength is better at the moment for guardian fighters, or should a guardian fighter be more concerned about constitution at the moment?
    I opted for Constitution since damage reduction is a primarly part for a tank, but you can also opt for strenght because it increases guard meter and the more damage you do the more aggro to gain. If you're a awesome player i'd go strenght.

http://nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Guardian_Fighter
  • Options
    bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    It is a bit strange for me that in the wiki it says that the primary stat is strength when its constitution, other than that, I think I already have a few good solid ideas on how to build my guardian fighter.

The thing is, there are certain feats that increase your maximum health and strength effectiveness, I could either make a guardian fighter that has a high strength, so the bonus he gets from the heroic feat is greater, or I could make a constitution based guardian fighter so he gets more hp out of feats.
  • Options
    hyllaryushyllaryus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    See this class on PVE and PVP now, this class dont die and have high damage.
    If anyone GM dont beliver on me only see the pvp now.