test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please let me stop giving people the fingers

2»

Comments

• healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I completely agree about the fingers. Looks like I'm constantly trying to signal for the check or signal a cab or something. It's fine if we're in combat, but out of combat - let the arm rest!

As for Ray of Frost - doesn't it do that? Could have sworn mobs were moving slower as the Chill built up on them.

New CW Ability: Hail Taxi Cab!!!
    Description: Passive ability. The Control Wizard signals out for a Taxi during and after spells are cast. 0.4% Chance per second to hail a yellow cab at 1 Gold per summon which will arrive & damage any opponent in the way. 10% chance to summon a waiter which will deduct 50 Silver and leave the CW with a loaf of bread.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • ddmac69ddmac69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want my $2
  • werdnaberrywerdnaberry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do agree that the fingers looked really weird. I do enjoy
  • xaleendarxaleendar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I personally find that the "ninja pose" isn't very D&D style. Even more out of combat.
  • talorektalorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited March 2013
    I have to agree with 90% of the others here. I thought about playing a wizard, but that stance just annoys the hell outta me for some reason. And it's for that very reason, I wouldn't pick a wizard. Please change the at rest animation. If they have to be different, fold their arms in his/her robes while at rest....
    Talorek

The Lords of Light - A LGBT Friendly Guild {Social/PvE/Light RP/Events}

You can join or visit with us here.
  • hylebos75hylebos75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here are a few thoughts about the current beta weekend, although I didn't get to play in the last one so I can't really compare the two. I am right now level 22, and am really enjoying myself. Ray of Frost is fantastic for locking down those harder boss mobs after you clear out the trash minions. Between chill strike adding stacks and ray of frost, by the time the stun from chill strike wears off, your ray of frost has frozen them again after hitting max stacks.

You can basically keep a boss mob perma frozen/stunned/held with skill rotation, and the options keep opening up for you as you get higher level and get new skills.
  • whiteravin308whiteravin308 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    to use RoF to its full potential you have to compine it with other abilities that apply the chilled affect to the target, granted having a % slow based on the number of stacks would be nice if you time out your frost strike and other ability well it is compleatly possible to lock down almost any mob in the game. i am at level 15 and i have used about as many potions total because i simply haven't been getting hit
  • elderarcanistelderarcanist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First, we need to forget all we know about wizards. "Fireball, fireball... how did that spell go?" Wizards from good old 1ed, 2ed, 3ed and 3.5ed are gone. 4ed is about different at will - per encounter - daily powers. It is no longer about different class play, it is simply a matter of different weapons - same class approach. A wizard would focus on learning spells, and we could learn new spells in other ways than just level up. That was the key attribute of a wizard. We could choose a path to follow - maybe master control over the undead or specialize in elemental magic, or master summoning. No more. Now we gain standard powers along a standard development path and our only "feats" are tweaking some aspect of these powers similar to the empower - heighten - maximize - etc. wizards feats. No other feats, sorry. A wizard is just a magic-blasting fighter. So, the faster you click, the more damage you do. Little strategy feel to it - reminds me of the old "blast'em" games where the poor interval key was being blasted away. RPG? As much as you can call Doom an RPG. So, forget about "strategy" just learn quick mouse button clicking. The winning strategy is: use your most powerful daily power - use your most power per encounter power followed by your second-best one and so on, until you have no more available - keep blasting them with your at will powers until one of your higher-damage per encounter or daily powers gets a full bar and immediately use that again - keep shooting them! Well, at least now at level 4 I have more hit points than I would get as a Greater God. And your key issue is whether ray of frost freezes them? Well, an orc today is more powerful than Bane of old, so how do you expect to freeze it?
  • valetudo78valetudo78 Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The 4th ed. wiz has fireball. it has a massive aoe that if your party goes first makes it hard to use without hitting them.
  • zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Kinda looks to me like the wizard is running around begging someone to "pull his finger"... the poor guy has gas!!! Help out a brotha!
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually It's a Chinese thing... probably a Perfect World "addition"

http://www.shaolin.org/images-answers/ans09a/one-finger03c.jpg

Made my own thread about it on the main board...

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?124011-Biggest-Pet-Peeves-with-NeverWinter