test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[WIP] Neverwinter Armory

hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Figured this might be useful for some people, plus it gives me something to quell the anticipation for BW3 *-* This post will look naked until I have it populated with screenshots! Current version is 0.01.

Planned Features
  • Build Sharing with shortcodes
  • Forum Signature Generation
Possible Features
  • Build Optimization (Gear and abilites)
  • Bestiary (Focused on bosses and their tactics)
Links List of facts because Hipo's too lazy to format them into coherent sentences
  • I plan to write this as a Silverlight application, so any modern (Win7+) or up-to-date (WinXP) system should have no issues or additional prerequisites.
  • It will be free and open-source, available on GitHub.
  • I'm no expert on D&D nor Neverwinter, just a new fanatical enthusiast. Any additional assistance with game calculations would be massively appreciated
  • If you need to update Silverlight, grab the latest version from here.
I'll be spending the next few hours going over Shaudius' 4000 screenshots (Thanks to Nikadaemus for pointing them out!) and getting a GUI layout started. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them here! I'll respond to as many as I can ^-^

Extracted GUI elements here!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
Post edited by hipolipolopigus on

Comments

• hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Initial GitHub commit is up and I'm hosting a quick control test on my site. I've managed to extract the GUI elements from the .hogg files and convert them to .png, so yay! I'm looking into some binary files that sound like they'll have useful information (Powerstats.Bin, mainly)... Hope I have something that will get some more attention soon ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    nps :)

I guess it is easier to extract game files. Plenty of pages on it from STO / CO.

Thanks for working on it. Will keep an eye out ;)

*edit* Lol, I can't seem to do anything with those texture files.... not even a hex edit to remove the non - DDS header. Think I'm missin' the obvious maybe :/
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    Silverlight? o_O
  • volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dont even bother, nothing there yet

make some ftp so i will upload screenshoted all skills/powers/stats/traits trees from BW2 (guardian, wizard, cleric) and all races bonuses.
    283 files
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nikadaemus wrote: »
    nps :)

I guess it is easier to extract game files. Plenty of pages on it from STO / CO.

Thanks for working on it. Will keep an eye out ;)

*edit* Lol, I can't seem to do anything with those texture files.... not even a hex edit to remove the non - DDS header. Think I'm missin' the obvious maybe :/
    https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop Then just open then in Photoshop as you would any other file ;)
    hopeless2 wrote: »
    Silverlight? o_O
    It's... Like Flash, except it uses C#/.Net :P
    volcxxx wrote: »
    dont even bother, nothing there yet

make some ftp so i will upload screenshoted all skills/powers/stats/traits trees from BW2 (guardian, wizard, cleric) and all races bonuses.
    283 files
    I've got the raw icons, I don't need screenshots. I'll be working on them today. I'll upload them, but I'm not sure about Cryptic's policy for this sort of thing :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Upload for the raw UI elements will take ~2.5 hours, NZ's residential upload is capped to 150 kbps >> So... In the mean time, have a 1888x1320 world map! :D
    Click to Zoom!
    tebh0UBl.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's... Like Flash, except it uses C#/.Net :P

Which is the MS version of Java and Javascript :D

p.s. .NET hmm rather like Python...
  • synnex42synnex42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    This is a wonderful idea, and I wish you luck with all the work you'll need to put into it.

Some constructive criticism if I may...

I am a web developer, and I strongly suggest you reconsider your use of Silverlight. It will alienate a lot of potential visitors to your site. Even flash is a bad idea. Stick with Javascript (client-side) if possible, it can be very powerful if used correctly and will reach the widest audience.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    synnex42 wrote: »
    This is a wonderful idea, and I wish you luck with all the work you'll need to put into it.

Some constructive criticism if I may...

I am a web developer, and I strongly suggest you reconsider your use of Silverlight. It will alienate a lot of potential visitors to your site. Even flash is a bad idea. Stick with Javascript (client-side) if possible, it can be very powerful if used correctly and will reach the widest audience.

I do something in asp.net and C# at the moment because I have to, Sharepoint cannot do anything else.
    As long as you don't use anything client side, it should be OK. But running Silverlight applications client-side in the very latest version is very odd.

//edit: Flash :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1jyL3cr60
    edited March 2013
    synnex42 wrote: »
    I'm a C# programmer, myself (Go on, yell at me :rolleyes:). Any modern or up-to-date PC will have the plugin installed already and installing it is straight-forward anyway :p

Edit: ~1 hour for UI upload! It's a 173mb 7zip archive and has everything that could be extracted!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    I'm a C# programmer, myself (Go on, yell at me :rolleyes:). Any modern or up-to-date PC will have the plugin installed already and installing it is straight-forward anyway :p

Edit: ~1 hour for UI upload! It's a 173mb 7zip archive and has everything that could be extracted!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs :cool:
    edited March 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »

Blocked here, copyright and countries that aren't the US xD

Edit: I've found a far better tool for converting the DDS to human-friendly formats, I'll continue the upload of the current UI elements but be aware that they're ugly, do not take alpha into consideration and have some funky colours here and there. Dammit Nvidia T.T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Cruddy PNG UI elements are up here, uploading cleaned versions now.

Edit: Clean ones are up here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Very much looking forward to a character builder for this, thanks and I hope you get it working soon! :D
    26.jpg
  • kavorkakavorka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    2rr49ir.jpg

did this logotype for you if you want to use it :D let me know if you are interested and i'll send you the layered version
    edited March 2013
    kavorka wrote: »
    2rr49ir.jpg

did this logotype for you if you want to use it :D let me know if you are interested and i'll send you the layered version

That looks neat ^-^ I've got the Neverwinter Freetype, so I might use that if you haven't rasterized the font :p I'm going to be putting in the actual NW loading bar on the loading splash, so that can be the splash logo ^-^

Small update, finalized the Ability Score control and added a bunch of power icons, which I'll be working on next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    A lady-friend of mine just pointed out that I can use linked XAML sources to share controls between WPF (Desktop) and Silverlight, so I'll be doing that for those that have issues with Silverlight! :D Next update might take a while, possibly a few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Basic build layout is live, decided to tackle some small things first ;) Class ability scores were taken from http://dustin.wikidot.com.

Update Notes
    • Ability scores are laid out
    • Ability score backgrounds will change depending on the selected class
    • Power lists are laid out in a horizontally scrollable container, will begin implementation for the Control Wizard from the 4k screenshot collection
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Well after going through many of the files, I do have a great sense of relief.

Seems there will be many of the things people are complaining don't exist. Guess we really are just beta testing a watered down version of the game.

Weapon and Armor enchants look cool. Implements for all deities to name a few.
    edited March 2013
    Oh. My. God. Look at what I just found *-*

OmF4CMz.png

And, for us drinkers :p

wtfbyt5.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidwatcherxvoidwatcherx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Figured this might be useful for some people, plus it gives me something to quell the anticipation for BW3 *-* This post will look naked until I have it populated with screenshots! Current version is 0.01.

Planned Features
    • Build Sharing with shortcodes
    • Forum Signature Generation
    Possible Features
    • Build Optimization (Gear and abilites)
    • Bestiary (Focused on bosses and their tactics)
    Links List of facts because Hipo's too lazy to format them into coherent sentences
    • I plan to write this as a Silverlight application, so any modern (Win7+) or up-to-date (WinXP) system should have no issues or additional prerequisites.
    • It will be free and open-source, available on GitHub.
    • I'm no expert on D&D nor Neverwinter, just a new fanatical enthusiast. Any additional assistance with game calculations would be massively appreciated
    • If you need to update Silverlight, grab the latest version from here.
    I'll be spending the next few hours going over Shaudius' 4000 screenshots (Thanks to Nikadaemus for pointing them out!) and getting a GUI layout started. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them here! I'll respond to as many as I can ^-^

Extracted GUI elements here!

Thank you VERY much for this initiative. While I am no programmer and I got VERY basic knowledge of it works I cannot possibly give any sort of proper input there. Instead I would like to contribute any sort of information to add to your database I would be glad to assist. I am very much a D&D lore geek, especially regarding the Forgotten Realms. Let me know if I can be of ANY kind of help.
    dakasig.png

edited March 2013
    Thank you VERY much for this initiative. While I am no programmer and I got VERY basic knowledge of it works I cannot possibly give any sort of proper input there. Instead I would like to contribute any sort of information to add to your database I would be glad to assist. I am very much a D&D lore geek, especially regarding the Forgotten Realms. Let me know if I can be of ANY kind of help.

Awesome ^-^ I'm a WoW convert and nobody around here is into D&D, so I've never had the chance to really get into it... That's probably going to change now :p

I'll need a compendium on... Well, everything lol. After I've got the ability/power layout done, I'll be moving onto equipment, but I'm not familiar with how equipment scales in D&D. So...
    • Stat Bonuses - What are they (Name) and what do they do (Stat change)?
    • How does the "+x" notation on equipment change the equipment's stats? ("+2 Boots of Blah", etc)

Unfortunately, both require access to the damned client to test things :mad: Oh well :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voidwatcherxvoidwatcherx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Awesome ^-^ I'm a WoW convert and nobody around here is into D&D, so I've never had the chance to really get into it... That's probably going to change now :p

I'll need a compendium on... Well, everything lol. After I've got the ability/power layout done, I'll be moving onto equipment, but I'm not familiar with how equipment scales in D&D. So...
    • Stat Bonuses - What are they (Name) and what do they do (Stat change)?
    • How does the "+x" notation on equipment change the equipment's stats? ("+2 Boots of Blah", etc)

Unfortunately, both require access to the damned client to test things :mad: Oh well :p

Basing information on the beta client would be quite moot anyhow seeing as how they change things around constantly. Adding it now would make the information incorrect once the game launches. Even then they will probably make changes farther down the road. What could be done is to gather information on the names of items as well as their stats and of course explain what each stat does.
    dakasig.png

edited March 2013
    Basing information on the beta client would be quite moot anyhow seeing as how they change things around constantly. Adding it now would make the information incorrect once the game launches. Even then they will probably make changes farther down the road. What could be done is to gather information on the names of items as well as their stats and of course explain what each stat does.

Indeed, I'll be doing as much collecting as possible over BW3, but I don't want to spend all of it not playing :rolleyes:

I've gone ahead and grabbed a few gigs of PDFs... Should give me most of the basics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks good so far. Now get that meat and potatoes stuff up!
    edited March 2013
    It's just hit me that putting in powers is actually kinda pointless since they only require levels and are acquired automatically... So there goes that 24 hours D:<

Moving onto gear slots then exportable shortcodes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It defiantly looks pretty. Now if only I didn't have to put god-awful silver light on my computer. Im sure it will be useful when its done.
    edited March 2013
    dollahz wrote: »
    It defiantly looks pretty. Now if only I didn't have to put god-awful silver light on my computer. Im sure it will be useful when its done.

It's only as bad as Flash, and we wouldn't have Netflix without it ;)

Edit: Added a poll to determine which distribution model NWA should use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dollahzdollahz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If its between desktop and browser... Everyone will pick browser cuz its safer. People dont like installing stuff on their machines. Good luck going through those 4000+ screenshots. I'm almost done going through it myself only the Trickster Rogue page left.
    edited March 2013
    dollahz wrote: »
    If its between desktop and browser... Everyone will pick browser cuz its safer. People dont like installing stuff on their machines.

Yeah, but my stuff's open-source and I could provide virus scans for the binaries, so it's really down to what people want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]