test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preemptive Warlock discussion

2»

Comments

• robbievwrobbievw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I always love infernal locks in PNP. From a RP perspective you have someone who has made a deal with an infernal being for power. This single choice can be used to haunt a character all the way into Epic destiny. I'm planning an Infernal Lock Drow who made the deal to escape to the surface.
    "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."
  • psalmodypsalmody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    psalmody wrote: »
    A constitution based caster would be a good contribution to mmorpg's. The interest I've read in posts over having tiefling warlocks made me wonder.

Now I see. The stats in the game do not follow the stats in PH1 (+2 int, +2 chr for tieflings), and in any case it's irrelevant since you can choose racial bonuses or class bonuses.
    "Yet He does not, therefore, know all His creatures, both spiritual and corporeal, because they are, but they, therefore, are because He knows them" Saint Augustine De Trinitate XV 13
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I would really like the Star pact.
    26.jpg
  • oliinoliin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll take most any type of magic striker I can get my grubby paws on, but star pact is by far an away my favorite warlock pact. It's a shame we're not likely to see it since I imagine that if they ever get around to putting in a deceptive warlock class it's going to be a fey pact thing.

Ahhh well, what can you do.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Remember that the rogue shown in trailer was very similar to actual rogue in terms of gameplay (all powers shown were possible in game) - teleporting behind, teleporting above and dual slashing, deft strike, throwing daggers ...

So the warlock has to be similar to trailer in gameplay too!
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    I would really like the Star pact.

Me too, that is my favourite path (even if it's not certainly the most powerful)
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    So the warlock has to be similar to trailer in gameplay too!
    That's not going to be all that hard. All he did was toss a few fire spells at a blue dracolich.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Which is basically the Infernal Pact Scourge Warlock in a nutshell. "Please Sir can I burn him to death some more?" I'd like to see the Star Pact Warlock as well personally. But hey Burninator is fine too.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's not going to be all that hard. All he did was toss a few fire spells at a blue dracolich.
    You are forgetting tower defense. Also his longdagger was cool looking.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    You know done right they could work in a really good moba style pvp mode into this.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    Im calling Warlock being a class, since its a common class in 4ed. Also, they're a perfect canidate for class separation (since it seems they're going the dps fighter/ tank fighter/ etc, rout). Which would you prefer? Fey-touched, Infernal, or celestial? Also, which do you think will make it first? Im calling infernal...

Infernal and Star Pact. I love that.
    dr366_warlocks.jpg
  • ben6989ben6989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally, my only real hope for warlocks is that they aren't as goofy as wizards.

By that I mean, I came into the beta weekend wanting to try out the wizards first, but I just couldn't get past the downright goofy animations and fighting with an orb, it looks more like they're 'dance fighting' than anything.

Clerics were a bit better, but I didn't like that whole dangly bit on the holy symbol that they're supposed to hold all the time.

Fighters and Rogues had fine animations, though, and I really enjoyed 'em.
  • ben6989ben6989 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Edit: Accidently double posted. My internets acting up today.
  • bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Seriously would like a Star Pact warlock... Their at will in 4e is AWESOME.
    26.jpg
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    Sadly, hexblade was 3.5ed. Doesnt exist in 4ed. Im sry... I shed a tear as well :'(

It does. It's called Swordmage and it's a class that comes with the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If the Warlock is cool enough I might consider switch my Drow's class for release. :P
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited March 2013
    They most likely won't make launch. Been said that the five classes we've seen are the launch classes.