test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Error

smegosaursmegosaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I have repeatedly tried to run the game but I am being told I have an account error when I try to log in.

I don't understand what could be going wrong, I followed the directions provided to me by the e-mails I received this week and my account is showing that it has accepted the TL2 pre-order beta key (and if I try to re-enter the key it says it has already been entered) which should give me access this weekend.

I have also uninstalled and re-installed the game a few times to see if that helped, it didn't. Even tried both the direct and torrent versions, but no change.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by smegosaur on

Comments

• giggawattsgiggawatts Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I too am having this issue I can log in to the launcher and I should have been able to play 3 hours ago but it continues to display account error
  • brutious47brutious47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am also getting the account error message. When I click on the message it goes to the webpage that says I am trying to play when the beta is not active. Well, the beta is active. I log into the neverwinter web site fine and it shows my account active for the beta, but it does not let me play. The launcher stops with the account error screen. I uninstalled the game and reloaded it three times and still the same message. My wife logged right in and is playing just fine. But I get the account error message. Dang, thought the two of us were going to have a good weekend both playing the beta, but ir looks like she is the only one who can play it.

My account is a Torchlight 2 preorder, don't know if that makes any difference as so is her account .
  • irongamernetirongamernet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just posted a similar threat. Torchlight 2 preorder Neverwinter keys seem to be a problem. I also have one and have not been about login. I've been trying to login for over 3 hours now.

There are other forums listing similar issues with TL2 keys.
  • geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same problem. I suspect it's because my Perfect World account and my Cryptic Studios account are not associated properly and so it's not allowing me to log in to Neverwinter with my SWO Lifetime Account.

I submitted a customer service ticket on this. Hopefully they'll get around to it before the beta weekend is over. :(
  • raradrararadra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    been trying 3 hours here too. Husband is playing just fine but my account says account error click here
    edited March 2013
    ****, so it is true. So much for this beta weekend. Their support has a 3-4 day reply time.
  • dylanjstandylanjstan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I also have a TL2 key, access to this weekend's Beta, and have been unable to login, same issue.
  • spidey58spidey58 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have TL2 key and getting same issue
  • smegosaursmegosaur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They are working on it apparently: https://twitter.com/@NeverwinterGame
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i keep getting sent to a page asking 4 a code to register my computer.I put in the code they keep sending to my email and it says it failed 3 times .3 emails and same thing. And I'm trying to login on same computer i registered with originaly. And I paid $200 for this headache? I want to just login in and try the game .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
    edited March 2013
    smegosaur wrote: »
    They are working on it apparently: https://twitter.com/@NeverwinterGame
    Well, that is at least some news. Thanks for the link.
  • sarzan96sarzan96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ditto here. Have STO and Champions Lifer accounts and getting the same error. So much fail. Its very disappointing.
  • jeffreyingemanjeffreyingeman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same issue here
    edited March 2013
    There is now a thread to report this issue. Make sure you read the instructions in the thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?70621-Seeing-an-quot-Account-error-quot-message-Read-this-first!
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Indeed! We're working on this and should have an update soon. Thanks!
    There is now a thread to report this issue. Make sure you read the instructions in the thread.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?70621-Seeing-an-quot-Account-error-quot-message-Read-this-first!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
    edited March 2013
    Woohoo! It works. Good job.
  • starliner650starliner650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yup, I have the same problem . . .
    edited March 2013
    Woohoo! It works. Good job.

I'm still not able to log in . . . getting very curious as to why.
    edited March 2013
    Hmmm, it sounded like it was something that was going to be rolled out slowly. Or maybe there are other account issues. I have a TL2 preorder key and since they announced the fix I did eventually get in. Although, it didn't work the first time I tried. I closed the client for a few minutes and then launched it again and it was working.
  • stonebirdstonebird Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    CO here, still getting "Account Error"
  • jerovincijerovinci Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    STO Lifetime, still getting Account Error message, just tried again at 10:58 CST.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi all, although this has been fixed for most users, if you're still seeing the issue, please submit a support ticket, and also check this thread for more info. Thanks!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • fallenlord00fallenlord00 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I to am getting this account error still. Guessing I wont get to play this weekend? Bought my starter kit and everything...HELP!!
  • ifrobotifrobot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    FYI to anyone submitting a support ticket on this issue as recommended...the ticket says they will respond in 3-4 business days.

I guess taking a half day off work and trying to log in for last 9.5 hours to check out beta this weekend was a little optimistic on my part. Lesson learned!
    edited March 2013
    Typical Cryptic/Perfect World. Made a bad investment with STO-Lifetime, I don't think I'll be repeating that mistake.
  • kitandkaboodlekitandkaboodle Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I recieved the beta invite, was told no key required the info was applied to my account.

When i log in, I see the servers are green, but it gives me account error, like I don't have permission to log into the beta. Is there an issue withthe account permissions and how can I check this/get it fixed?
  • sabster76sabster76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I recieved the beta invite, was told no key required the info was applied to my account.

When i log in, I see the servers are green, but it gives me account error, like I don't have permission to log into the beta. Is there an issue withthe account permissions and how can I check this/get it fixed?

Ditto - I don't even know why I try; most of the cryptic games have sucked; and I can't even sign in to this one.. :/
  • stygianknightstygianknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same error. CO lifer. Submitted support ticket 12 hours ago and nothing fixed yet
  • demetriodemetrio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have Raiderz Elite and I did even receive ether mail notification or a reminder of this beta wen I download the game now I cant even enter the game even though I have the elite from Raiderz... Account Error...
  • sarzan96sarzan96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Ditto. I went and logged into my lifer STO/Champions accounts but all the characters were wiped on both... I wonder if in preparation for this weekend if something in their databases got fubar'd. Trying to logon to the support site and Chrome says its stuck in a redirect loop and when tried in IE, it just hangs. Would love to get things resolved for my lifer accounts even if they cant get things situated for this weekend.