test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Customer Support Not Paying Attention

trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have applied two beta codes, one from PC Gamer, where you also get the mount and one from one from MMO Bomb.

When I open the launcher to Patch for the Beta it gives me an account error.

I contacted Customer Support, they reset my account apparently, making me change my display name and directed me to Star Trek Online To link my accounts.

This in no way addresses the issue I described.
Post edited by trevien29 on

Comments

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did you..umm..link your accounts like they said? Could it be you that isn't paying attention?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    All old Cryptic Accounts must be merged with a PWE Account. This happened not long after PWE aquired Cryptic.

Here are some helpful links:
    (STO)(CO) Account Linking FAQ
    Recovering your Cryptic Account/User Name and/or Password

Ignore that they seem to pertain to STO or CO. The end result will be the same

• Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited March 2013
    Three of my friends have all the same problem. They all redeemed PC Gamer keys, yet they are not able to patch the client and instead are getting the account error message. I had hoped this issue would be sorted out as it's already very close to the beginning of the beta :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    apostles wrote: »
    Three of my friends have all the same problem. They all redeemed PC Gamer keys, yet they are not able to patch the client and instead are getting the account error message. I had hoped this issue would be sorted out as it's already very close to the beginning of the beta :(

I also have two accounts that redeemed PC Gamer keys and both of those accounts could not patch the game (and both accounts received "account error" message). I then put one of those free giveaway keys for Beta Weekend 2 on each of those accounts and they could patch the game suddenly and got no more error messages etc.

For some reason the PC Gamer keys did not work on either of those two accounts.

Incidentally, neither of those accounts had a prior Cryptic account associated with them or the email address they used, so don't see how linking them would even apply (nothing to link to). They do have @handles attached to them already as well (did that a few weeks ago).
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited March 2013
    Indeed.
    I redeemed another PC Gamer key and now the client started patching. This is a huge mistake by Cryptic - if some of the redeemed keys are not working then there's a huge amount of accounts that haven't been activated for the beta. This means plenty of frustration for those people. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The issue is not a Cryptic/PW issue, I log into Raiderz with the same information (my perfect world account). I Redeemed a code from PCgamer on THIS account. It got the black horse, my GF did the exact same thing, she got the white one and was able to patch.