test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Army of Darkness Recruiting

dabears2399dabears2399 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
In today's gaming age it seems as though everyone has a different taste in gaming style and choice. This is why this clan was created. I personally love playing all different types of games and I think its a great idea to keep a community around you that feels the same way.

This clan is not built around one particular game. Currently, we actively play Path of Exile, Rift, and DOTA2. We're also eagerly awaiting the release of FFXIV, Elder Scrolls Online and NeverWinter (sign up for the betas!).

We are an adults only group targeting those 18 and older and would like to stick to this as closely as possible. Their may be times that we play with someone that is a great fit for the group, and if they turn out to only be 17ish then we may make an exception at that point. We want this to be a free and open environment where people can be themselves without having to feel censored or be worried about offending someone and/or their children.

We plan to hold regularly scheduled events for various games, where anyone interested in attending is free to sign up. This is a casual group, and we understand that Real Life often takes precedence. We get it, we have lives too - spouses and children are common. As such, attendance will never be required for any event.

Examples of what to expect when playing with us, very laid back, helpful, goal oriented and friendly. For example, if their is a dungeon that you want to run and the party is full, then we will do our best to finish that dungeon and do it again for you. We are working to try and create friendships that carry over from game to game.

I would suggest filling out an application and hang out with us via chat or on Mumble and judge for yourself. We are also looking for others to help with the recruiting process and or become leaders. I hope this gives you an idea of who we are and what we are expecting. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask on the forums or in chat.

See you all in the games!
www.aod-clan.com

Klaatu... Verata... N... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle. It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!
Klaatu... Verata... N... [coughs and mumbles]
[pause]
Okay... that's it!

VHbjffp.png
Army of Darkness Founder.

Check out our website www.aod-clan.com We are recruiting members from the age of 18 and up.

Hope to see all of you in game at some point!

[AoD]Ash
Post edited by dabears2399 on

Comments

• dabears2399dabears2399 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    updated some info check us out and let me know what you think.

Check out our website www.aod-clan.com We are recruiting members from the age of 18 and up.

[AoD]Ash
  • dabears2399dabears2399 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since we have beta tested this game we are more focused on trying to get members who also want to create content. We are looking for people who have creative minds and like to create back stories plus level design. If you are interested sign up and we will be starting to create stories now so when they release the Foundry we can go right to work with the design and drop in our produced content.

[AoD]Ash
  • synnex42synnex42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    We're still looking for new people who are excited about Neverwinter and also content creation in the Foundry. Please come join us if you are looking for a guild. We're currently just a few people, but we plan to start recruiting during the upcoming beta events.

We also have a few extra beta keys for the upcoming beta weekend, if any of our members need one.

http://www.aod-clan.com/
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    synnex42 wrote: »
    We're still looking for new people who are excited about Neverwinter and also content creation in the Foundry. Please come join us if you are looking for a guild. We're currently just a few people, but we plan to start recruiting during the upcoming beta events.

We also have a few extra beta keys for the upcoming beta weekend, if any of our members need one.

http://www.aod-clan.com/

love the name,, one of the top 10 best films,, lol ... sounds like a good guild and name to be associated with :)

Im game !
    "give me some sugar baby !"
    COME WITH ME !
    edited March 2013
    Deathreaper4u come to our site sign up and we will drop you a key. We are going to be playing all this weekend.

[AoD]Ash
  • synnex42synnex42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 61
    edited March 2013
    Keys are all gone, sorry!
  • n1ghtm4skn1ghtm4sk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey there!

The last weekend while testing and reporting bugs, I had an eye on other players too. Joined up several ppl but most of the times I felt myself too old for this, 'couse I can't belive that just a few people feeling the style of a game like this...
    As I red the introduction part of the guild, especially these parts:
    We are an adults only group(...)we understand that Real Life often takes precedence(...)laid back, helpful, goal oriented and friendly
    I just knew I'm not alone. I'm pretty sure I found my place. ;)

Something U should know: As a great Forgotten Realms fan, I would like to play this game and non of other games. Becouse of my job, and other activities I never know when will I be online, but I(especially after this beta I'm sure) always will when I can.
    If you can accept these and don't mind if a rusty old battle trained teamplayer joining up, count me in.
    Until you decide that I'll sit back and open a beer... :cool:

p.s.:srry for my poor english
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    N1ghtm4sk, we accept your terms now head over to our site and enjoy the company of fellow members who want to have a good time and none of the other BS that gets tied to strict schedules. :)www.aod-clan.com also sign up and join us tomorrow we actually are doing a giveaway for 2 guardian packs and 2 starter kits.

[AoD]Ash
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is a great guild, played with them last beta weekend and everybody played their class well, had respect for everyone, and had a lot of fun. AoD is my new home, cheers Ash :)
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the Kind words!

[AoD]Ash
  • n1ghtm4skn1ghtm4sk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OK it's done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We have a guild event starting in just under 3 hours, anyone interested should stop on by the guild site (click my siggy). Gonna be tons of fun, gameshow style :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So... ummm... I have 2+ years of active STO Foundry experience (I know how to rock your world with Foundry-magic tricks that will drop your jaw) - but don't have a clue with the whole Forgotten Realms Lore business (My last actual D&D play was... let's just say before 2E was introduced and my novel-reading was with the Dragonlance campaign, not Forgotten Realms).

So my dilemma is that I know how to make the Foundry dance (and the NWO version will be avery short learning curve for me) but my story-creating abilities in this theme are my handicap (STO, not so mjuch! LOL)

So you're saying you're developing some story content (yadda-yadda-yadda) and intending to hit hard on Foundry works? No hard rules or unwieldy obnoxious time/presence requirements? I might actually be interested for the first time in years at the idea of actually joining a guild. And as much as I love building Foundry works I hate the writing (story-based) part of it and have to admit I was going to just focus on a lot of puzzles this time around because of my lack of 4E "lore" knowledge (I mean old-school dungeon style puzzles with hidden doors, cascading levers, trap doors - essentially old-school dungeon maze type stuff.)

I'm thinkin' we may need to get together sometime.

At day job right now, so I'll have to investigate you later. I just hope I don't forget to do so. (Apologies if I do, which if you don't hear from me again will be the case). Or you can PM me and we can go from there.
    edited March 2013
    Well Angrysprite we are always looking for good members. And Foundry is one area we would like to focus on and share our thoughts and help each other out in the creation part. So I agree I think you would be a great asset to the group if you joined.

[AoD]Ash
    edited March 2013
    Just over 20 minutes till AoD giveaway event starts, if you're wanting to come play, get to AoD guild site now (click my siggy) and get ready to roll ;)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well Angrysprite we are always looking for good members. And Foundry is one area we would like to focus on and share our thoughts and help each other out in the creation part. So I agree I think you would be a great asset to the group if you joined.

Yes, thanks. Bookmarked your site, I'll look into it in the morning. :) Thank you.

EDIT UPDATE: Ouch. Your web site is using a version of captcha that doesn't work on Safari on Macintosh. Yeah, that's a deal breaker if I can "apply". Just FYI: All my web browsing and activity is on my Mac because it's a lot more secure. My windows machine if for gaming only. I'll see if I can drag myself into firing up MSIE. But no promises.

(Is that 'laid-back' enough for ya?) LOL

Thanks, though.
    edited March 2013
    use firefox :)

[AoD]Ash
    edited March 2013
    Yeah Firefox is pretty standard, I think that's what most web developers make content for, even IE breaks web design and the devs always end up having to go back and adjust the sites for that :eek: (got a friend who does that stuff).

Anyway, if you're looking for a bunch of good people, can't go past AoD. Click my siggy to check out the site, we look after our people here :)

We'll be out in force this coming beta if you want to come in, group up and play with us. You won't fall behind, someone will always be ready to help if you need your quest done. That's the whole point of a guild, helping each other and most of all - having fun while playing.

There's a fully upgraded mumble server for guild use as well, so grouping up and 5 mans is really easy.

Some upcoming Foundry developers here too if you're interested in that.
    edited March 2013
    A couple pics from last beta -

CloakTower4_zps2a6fb0f1.jpg

orcassault_zps512a02b8.jpg
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    A post in the forums is so impersonal, so this coming beta-weekend we are looking to power-stream our gaming. The purpose being to give un-guilded players a chance to see who we are, and also introduce them to recurring themes in our discussions. Usually the foundry, balancing of classes, the foundry, class-builds, the foundry, and foundry content. Sometimes we touch on new music, non-gamers, and who's country is the best.

This has to be run by Dabears (known to us as "Dude", "Ash", or "Ssssh; he is coming"), Maxammo and Nullity. But atleast one of the admins are in on it.

Will update this site, and the non-beta discussion site with info and link the closer we get to bw3
    edited March 2013
    Heh, yeah we get internet download/upload caps here so no streaming from me :confused: My country is still the best though ;)
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Will Bruce Campbell be there? Or Ted Raimi? LOL

"Gimmie some suger baby"
    edited March 2013
    Bruce Campbell will be making a special presser during our stream :)

[AoD]Ash
    edited March 2013
    oO :D

ash-evildead.jpg
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    Bruce Campbell will be making a special presser during our stream :)
    Are you serious? Cuz if you are im there!
    edited March 2013
    Morning :)
  • barakhelmut2barakhelmut2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    I just joined the AoD guild ranks also from here the forum, and I feel that I am lucky to find such a great team and cool players. There is a true community on the guild's site, where is real fun to drop in any time, just to hang around and have some fun. Strongly recommend for anyone, who feels that the topics / description matches his view and ideas.
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the kind words and we are glad to have you and anyone else! He is absolutely correct we are hear to make the experience of NeverWinter even better plus any other game that you decided to play.

[AoD] Ash

[AoD]Ash
    edited March 2013
    10 hours 41 minutes to go!
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    GAAAA 9hours. Gotta powernap

Anyways, check for our stream, and say hello to the members.