test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pax Gaming

goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Drac_zps4eb1ac48.png
FOR THE GOOD OF ALL

"We must be a force for good in this world. We can not rest on our ideals. We must be men of action. We must remain eternally vigilant. Wary of a world that is filled with danger around every corner. The only way to combat evil is through strength of heart and strength of character.
It is in this manner that we will...no, MUST succeed. Everywhere we look there are evil men, bent on doing harm to those who have not harmed them. We must be their blade, we must be their strength, for not everyone was born with the courage that we have."
Thark Battleguard
Pax Draconis, Dragon Council

Year: 1448

What server is Pax Draconis on? MINDFLAYER

What type of guild is Pax Draconis?
  • First and foremost, we are a division of a much larger gaming community Pax Gaming, spanning multiple games
  • We are a guild who is all about having fun. Whatever the members enjoy, we want to make enjoyable for them and everyone else.
  • We are a community focused guild. We plan on hosting multiple events weekly, so that everyone will find an event they want to attend.
  • We support RP in every form. We also love to PvP, PvE and create/run Foundry content.
So how strict are you on your RP backstory?
  • First off, check out what we have for our backstory HERE
  • While i would hope that everyone would choose to be a goodly person, i know sometimes people just don't want to be the "good guy". We have no issues with that, the back story of Pax Draconis for you to use how you see fit. There are plenty of ways to make alternate character archtypes fit into the Pax Draconis Lore. We have been around for a while and have seen and done just about everything.
  • Finally, we simply want you to have fun, nothing we put forward is going to prevent you from doing what you want to do (as long as its not unethical or disruptive to someone else's play style.)

Why join Pax Draconis and Pax Gaming?
  • Community
    Pax Draconis is a community minded division of a larger gaming body. Many Pax Gaming members call Pax their second family. We cherish the members we have developed over the years and our cohesion quickly becomes apparent whenever we begin approaching content. Our drive is cemented in an environment where members can explore progression, role-play, and player versus player gaming competitively. Time and time again the Gaming Community has been able to achieve these goals while maintaining a community first mindset. A game is played to have fun, and this family provides opportunities for varying playstyles to flourish.
  • Longevity
    Pax Gaming has been around since 2001. Since that date we have had successful guilds in many MMO's, Pax Gaming has never disbanded, and never has been without at least one MMO our members have been playing. We will stay in an MMO as long as it's members are there, we will not shut down a division just to move to another MMO. If you are looking for a guild that isn't just a rest stop to another goal, this is the home for you. If you like mature members that are socially active outside of raid nights, this is your guild. If you think achieving content progression does not require yelling and degradation, look no further.
  • Opportunities
    Pax has always looked at each members contributions to their division and community fairly. A member advances through effort and not through a veteran system. We have leaders and officers that have been with Pax Gaming anywhere from a couple of months, to eleven years.
  • Family
    Pax Draconis, and Pax Gaming in general, always recruit the individual. We're always looking for those who will fit well within our family. This means we are never looking for your chosen playstyle, "level", or gear. We are interested in growing our collection of high quality members. We are here to recruit you, not your "toon".

Who are members of the guild leadership here on the Neverwinter forums in case I have a question?
  • Who are members of the guild leadership here on the Neverwinter forums in case I have a question?
    Please feel free to PM Goose1009 or Rohk007 or Civildude if you have any questions about Pax Gaming or Pax Draconis.
iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
Post edited by goose1009 on

Comments

• goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why Should I join the Pax Gaming Community?

[*]Above all Pax is a family and you will form friendships within our guild. Many of us have become RL friends, traveling to meet up with each other when we can and one of our members even hosts a New Years Eve party where all Pax members are invited.
      [*]We support all play styles. Role-Play, Raiding, PVP, Crafting, you name it, all of our divisions support it. We have been doing it since the launch of Star Wars Galaxies we know what works and doesn't when it comes to an all encompassing
      [*]We have a long history of working together for the benefit of the Guild, individual members, as well as the community as a whole. A Pax member is always willing to give a helping hand (claw, or fin) to another.
      [*]Our forums are a great way to get to know other Pax members and even indulge in some RP fiction.
      [*]Our members have years of experience in RP, PvP and PvE in a variety of games. Many of our members are held in respect on their respective servers. Pax members are always willing to give advice and a hand if you need it,
      [*]This will NOT be a guild that folds. Our SWG Chapter of Pax Imperius stayed active and going strong since the servers first opened. We remained active through the games turbulent history. Pax remained there until the game itself was shut down. Over the last eleven years Pax has remained strong and active. Pax Draconis will be active in Neverwinter as long as our members still invested in the game.
      [*]The ability to move up in rank, even by newer members. We have a history of giving dedicated members a chance at being in a leadership position if they show the dedication and drive, no matter how long they have been a member of Pax. We are not a guild who shows favoritism to our “veteran members”.

[*]Pax Gaming is eleven years strong with hundreds of members spread through different gaming divisions:
      Pax Imperius : Sith Faction - Star Wars: The Old Republic
      Pax Dominus :[/SIZE] Republic Faction - Star Wars: The Old Republic
      Pax Praesidium : Guild Wars 2
      Pax Illuminatus : Rift
      Pax Infinitus : Star Trek Online
      Pax Emunio : Eve Online
      Pax Thalion : Lord of the Rings Online
      Pax Concordia : PlanetSide 2
      Pax Aeternum : Pathfinder Online
      Pax Draconis : Neverwinter Online
      Pax Enkidu : The Repopulation
      Pax Venatus : Elder Scrolls Online
      Dead Prezidents : A casual first person shooter clan for Pax Gaming members

Who can join?
      • Anyone can join as long as their name is compliant with our in game naming policy. (Keep it Fantasy based, so please no "IRurhealer") Our guild is structured to accommodate both PvP and PvE, and Foundry content. Also while role-play is not mandatory, it is encouraged. Crafting will be supported as well. We do not have an age limit, instead we require a level of maturity from all our members and the acceptance of our Charter.
      What is this Charter you speak of?
      • Our Charter is a ‘living document’ that out lines our guild structure, Chain of Command, Rules of Engagement, Codes of Conduct and general guild rules. You may view our charter HERE
      How do I join?
      • First you will need to go www.paxgaming.com to register with the Pax Community.
      • Our application process is a two week application period, during this two week period you will interact with Pax Gaming members and make sure you are a good fit for our guild. This two week period is also here to help you determine if our guild is a good fit for you.
      • You can be tagged in guild immediately after your application is started. You will be promoted to full member after your two week application period has been approved.
      • Finally, we have just transitioned into a new site, so if there are any issues please feel free to ask.
      • Click HERE to begin!
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
    • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      Hello, I am Maru one of the Co-leaders of Pax Draconis. I have been with the Pax Gaming Community for over a year now and it is a great group of guys and gals. We have all type of personalities and great times enjoying MMOs and other games together. If you are looking for a great community check us out. No elitism, just serious fun and fellowship.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
      edited February 2013
      Hello I'm civildude, another officer of Pax Draconis. I've been with Pax Gaming for about a year and a half now and I couldn't imagine playing with a greater group of people. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the guild or if you are just looking for other people to share the game experience with.

One of the things that I am looking forward to most is the player created content in the Foundry and I know a bunch of others in Pax are excited for it too. With that, we'll be doing many DM nights where we all get together and play through each other's quests, all in character if the DM of the evening wishes, and giving feedback and enjoying all that we can create together. There should be a lot of fun and interesting things we can do with this game.
      inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
    • surgeonfishsurgeonfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      Surgeonfish, Co-Leader of Planetside 2 Pax side. I'll be playing Neverwinter with our Paxian friends. Come join us as i plan to make an adventure for us in the foundry.
    • astralechoastralecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      Glad to see Pax in Neverwinter. It was great going up against you guys in SWTOR, looking forward to reliving those days! :cool:
      astralsig.png
      -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
      WebsiteRecruitment
      edited February 2013
      Awesome man!! Glad to see a friendly face (or not so friendly as the case may be). We'll definitely be a force in the RP Community as time goes on!
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
    • arganothfoebasharganothfoebash Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      Hi, Im another member of Pax. Looking forward to making things in the foundry...and waiting for them to add Paladins.

Gotta have mah Paladins...
      edited February 2013
      For any of you that may be hesitant, let me extend an invitation. We are going to have a Meet and Greet in game on the next beta weekend. Saturday the 9th at 9pm EST. So if you would like to get to know some of us before you try and commit as heavily as joining a guild, please feel free to send me a message and we'll get it all worked out.

As for Pax itself. This really is an amazing community full of friends who do alot more together than just hang out in their singular games. Its nice being able to have a home in pretty much any MMO that I feel like playing on any given day. I've been playing MMO's for 15 years now, and i havent felt a community this close since my old EQ1 days. There is something special about Pax that makes them unique. I do hope some of you choose to check us out.

Also, feel free to ask any questions you may have. We're a very large group with a very dedicated player base and are always looking to add that next member who is only going to help make Pax better.
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
    • branericbraneric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      I'm also with Pax and I have to say this is a fantastic community! Can't wait to dig into Neverwinter with them. Also, warlords. Give me warlords!!!!!
    • rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited March 2013
      ah I cant wait till they add Dragonborn race.....you know its coming one day. Going to have some great RP fun with Pax Draconis as they flesh out more classes and races and eventually get guild halls similar to STO Fleet Starbases.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited March 2013
      Hopefully with the tools provided with the game (the foundry) we wont have to wait nearly as long to get our base of operations as they did in STO.
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
      edited March 2013
      We are making plans for this coming beta weekend. Come check us out....Pax Draconis...www.paxgaming.com

Mature gamers, community since 2001, divisions in other games, PvE, PvP, RP, Casual, we have a diverse community of gamers with main goal as having fun and fellowship..
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited March 2013
      And we already have at least 25 current members interested in playing the game as well. So we'll have quite the little crew when the game comes out. Should be a lot of fun.
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
    • digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
      edited March 2013
      *does a little dance*

Well, might as well report in!
      edited March 2013
      Good to see another Pax member hanging around the forums!! Hope everyone is ready for the Meet and Greet on Saturday!
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
    • rends03rends03 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
      edited March 2013
      I'm from Pax SWTOR as well and Neverwinter series has always been my favorite. Looking forward to rolling with different Pax members from other games. Should be fun!
      Devout Cleric
      Pax Draconis
      Mindflayer Server
    • civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
      edited March 2013
      Really looking forward to getting to play again this weekend! Also hoping to meet some new people and convince them of the awesomeness that is Pax.
      inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
      edited March 2013
      It does seem like my recruitment post hasnt quite done what I thought it would. We'll gather them up in game once they realize how fun and close knit we all are.
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
      edited March 2013
      looking for more quality members who want to have fun and be part of a great team of players, just had real nice ingame meeting on direction of guild. Its going to be a blast. Check us out....www.paxgaming.com
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited March 2013
      Well after just finishing the beta 2 test of NWN I can say that this was a blast and the game itself has HUGE potential. I am really amped about the pve and lore aspect of the game and looking forward to beta 3. I've met quite a few like minded players during my travels that were unguilded during beta that I think may be a good fit for Pax. I like that we are not a zerg guild with tons of players because you tend to lose most of the personal interactions and notoriety and not just a name on the roster. We are small at the moment but looking for more to fill in the teams for end-game content, foundry creation and pvp. Me personally, I will be playing a cleric until the ranger class is implemented but I digress.

Happy gaming.
      Devout Cleric
      Pax Draconis
      Mindflayer Server
      edited March 2013
      /fashionablebump

Raise the Roof!
      Devout Cleric
      Pax Draconis
      Mindflayer Server
      edited March 2013
      Was great to see you in game man. We all had fun! Our first guild meeting went well. Overall a great start!
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
      edited March 2013
      What a fun weekend! Was great to see so many on that we could rock multiple groups heading into the cloak tower at once. I can't wait for the next weekend and the GWF!
      inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
      edited March 2013
      We're all really pumped for this coming weekend! I really hope the GWF is in so I can get some game time with the class I want to play at launch.
      inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
      edited March 2013
      Ya should be good times all around. Going to try the melee classes this time around.
      Devout Cleric
      Pax Draconis
      Mindflayer Server
      edited March 2013
      I'm totally stoked to see we can try out the pvp in this round. Curious to see the scenarios templates.
      Devout Cleric
      Pax Draconis
      Mindflayer Server
      edited March 2013
      Looks like they will be the same map types that GW2 has. Little disappointing that NWO won't be doing anything different than my last mmo, but still good to see they have something in game. The bear mounts being the rewards in the last two beta weekends for the pvp currency means that I'll be playing a fair bit of it :).
      inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
    • makathmakath Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      edited March 2013
      Hi guys & gals. I (Kilfir Battlebeard) had a great time grouping with several memebers in the previous beta weekends and I'm looking forward to joining you all and meeting everyone this weekend.
      kilfir_sig.png
      edited March 2013
      It was pretty cool to see so many of us in the Moonstone today!! Had to be at least 15 of us running around dancing and acting like fools. LOVE IT!!
      iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
      edited March 2013
      So who's ready for beta #4?
      Devout Cleric
      Pax Draconis
      Mindflayer Server