test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Alpha 60+ scam?

rhendilrhendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Today I got an e-mail saying I was invited to Neverwinter Alpha
Post edited by rhendil on

Comments

• Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you see the alpha forums? If you can then assume this is for real.

Also, try logging in :p
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    zidlefguntherzidlefgunther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Got the same e-mail, just scared it's a scam or virus to steal our info ;-( any GM can tell us if this is legit please tyvm.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I think part of the NDA of alpha is NOT telling your in alpha lol.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If its's not asking for money or passwords AND you can see the named server in the downloaded NWO client I'd say it's legit.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Also, I look like a dwarf, so send me a alpha invite too. :P
  • Options
    kittychris13kittychris13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the info, but you might want to delete this.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately this breaks Alpha NDA, next time ask a moderator first, as they can view(for moderation purposes) all of the forums.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately this breaks Alpha NDA, next time ask a moderator first, as they can view(for moderation purposes) all of the forums.

Deleted due to not knowing of NDA in the ToS.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok, looks like a mod changed the message. Was wondering how long it would be before it was noticed.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Congrats on your invite...now stop breaking the NDA. :p
    If you ever doubt the validity of any content please PM the Community Moderators and by no means post details of unreleased content.

note: Part of the NDA is also embedded directly into the Terms of Service.
    Closed Beta Tests are confidential, and you agree to that all information about the Beta Games, the Services and the Beta Test, including without limitation any comments, ideas or other feedback (collectively the "Feedback") you provide to PWE regarding the Beta Games, the Services or the Beta Test, shall be treated as confidential (the "Confidential Information"). You agree not to use the Confidential Information in any manner, except for your personal use for the sole purpose of testing the Beta Games and Website features, and you agree to prevent and protect the Confidential Information, or any part thereof, from disclosure to any person. You further agree to take all steps reasonably necessary to protect the secrecy of the Confidential Information and to prevent the Confidential Information from falling into the public domain or into the possession of unauthorized persons.
    If the general public doesn't have access to information you receive in your e-mail, if it is not a scam it's confidential so ask the moderators, do not make a public discussion about such content. The e-mail itself is covered under an NDA whether or not you choose to participate in any Alpha Tests.

Thank You,
    -Ambisinisterr
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Maybe you should just delete this whole post so people won't know those two guys are in alpha.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    omg

b9dcaeba8e5613bd7f7548ea4be252e6.jpg

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    Maybe you should just delete this whole post so people won't know those two guys are in alpha.
    Meh, they will post in the beta forum to report bugs like many other alpha testers do?:p
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Is that a picture of you? You dont look like a dwarf. You look like a half-orc. lol
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    The mods were informed last week that they decided to go lighter on the strictness of the NDA.

Content and Test times will be strictly removed but simply stating that you got an alpha invitation/are taking part in the Alpha Tests will depend on the context...bla..bla..bla.
    *shrugs* I like the simplicity of 'The first rule of Fight Club is you don't speak about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is you don't speak about Fight Club.' but Cryptic/PWE holds the reigns haha.

In this case, he got an e-mail which he thought was a scam, I will confirm his e-mail is authentic and may follow the instructions without fear...
    But anything past that would be an NDA Violation and will be removed promptly.
  • Options
    zidlefguntherzidlefgunther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ok tyvm just tought another weird e-mail ;-(
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well enjoy your alpha and be sure to test the game and post feedback on the proper forum.
  • Options
    rhendilrhendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for all answers.
    First I apologize for posting but getting an alpha invite the same day without any forewarning and no info of NDA got me suspicious, especially since there were different time lines in the mail. I was not aware of my post violating anything. I did report this to PW but got an automatic response to get an answer in 3 days and I was worried that this possible scam could affect others and 3 days is a long time. I have some bad experience from WoW hacking.
    Also, I googled on Neverwinter alpha and got nothing.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The automatic response is just that, an automatic response. It doesn't vary. They could be twiddling their thumbs in the office (not likely) and respond to your ticket within 5 minutes but the automated response will still warn you that it could take up to three days to get a response.

Some of the e-mails include links to the NDA, some do not. In any case the NDA should be easy to find within the Alpha Forums that you should be able to see, let me know if you can't.
    In any case the thread is clean, no worries. You weren't the first and won't be the last to accidentally breach the NDA.

And I'm surprised Google hasn't tried to leak any info out yet, they're slacking :eek:
    However that works out well since they shouldn't have any information on the Neverwinter Alpha to begin with, haha.
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited March 2013
    rhendil wrote: »
    Today I got an e-mail saying I was invited to Neverwinter Alpha

wth? I been waiting a LONG time. send me a darn email PW..
    <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

The mods were informed last week that they decided to go lighter on the strictness of the NDA.

Content and Test times will be strictly removed but simply stating that you got an alpha invitation/are taking part in the Alpha Tests will depend on the context...bla..bla..bla.
    *shrugs* I like the simplicity of 'The first rule of Fight Club is you don't speak about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is you don't speak about Fight Club.' but Cryptic/PWE holds the reigns haha.

In this case, he got an e-mail which he thought was a scam, I will confirm his e-mail is authentic and may follow the instructions without fear...
    But anything past that would be an NDA Violation and will be removed promptly.

He miss quoted Fight Club! Get HIM!
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2013
    Standard users are getting invited but dont see founder pack users getting an invite :(
  • Options
    wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    He miss quoted Fight Club! Get HIM!

You broke the first rule!!

Get him!!
  • Options
    vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kormai wrote: »
    Standard users are getting invited but dont see founder pack users getting an invite :(

Oh my not this again.... This happens with every mmo after preorders... I'm sure it's either random, region, and/or pc build based. Internet just has too many conspiracy theories!

:/
    Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gratz, now get those buggies!!!!!!!!

or get some beeers for me!!!!!
  • Options
    melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    If you get an email from Perfect World and you aren't sure about it, please contact support or ask a moderator or admin.

Account questions cannot be answered on the forums, so please contact support for more info!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
This discussion has been closed.