test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preemptive Warlock discussion

ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
Im calling Warlock being a class, since its a common class in 4ed. Also, they're a perfect canidate for class separation (since it seems they're going the dps fighter/ tank fighter/ etc, rout). Which would you prefer? Fey-touched, Infernal, or celestial? Also, which do you think will make it first? Im calling infernal...
Post edited by ichbin on

Comments

• goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they make it, i would bet they go with Infernal, in my past experiences, people tend to love playing the "Not Nice" guy, and Infernal fits that. They also have Tieflings as a player race and it fits them perfectly.
    iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I could see this being an option. I played around with the warlock class when they introduced it into NWN2, and since then I've only grown more fond of them. As for the aspects ... Well if they're going to add only one I'd put my money on infernal as well. Then again with what I've already seen from what Cryptic's putting into NWO I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see them put all three in at the same time.

That said I'd prefer they work on fleshing out a ranger class first. The rogues look great and show real promise, but nothing beats a drow ranger pushing arrows down field (especially if we can poison them *evil laughter*).
  • ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Probably! Warlocks were introduced in an earlier book, but the Dark Pact Warlock came out in the FR Sourcebook.

Also swordmages. Mmm. Im kind of surprised that one didnt make it. Assault Swordmages are very flashy with all the telelportation.
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
  • aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    would love a warlock. +1
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seeing the fire come outta the tiefling in the siege trailer 3...I'm guessing Infernal. But personally would like fey-touched or Vestige.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    hmmm yes a warlock...and yes any warlock for me :)
  • providenttprovidentt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If Hexblade counts, then Hexblade Warlock all the way. :D
  • ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    providentt wrote: »
    If Hexblade counts, then Hexblade Warlock all the way. :D

Sadly, hexblade was 3.5ed. Doesnt exist in 4ed. Im sry... I shed a tear as well :'(
  • jlewis314159jlewis314159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm down with the Warlock class!
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    Sadly, hexblade was 3.5ed. Doesnt exist in 4ed. Im sry... I shed a tear as well :'(

You will be glad to know that you are wrong. The Hexblade was introduced into 4E with the Essentials series and they are indeed a Warlock build.

As to the OP, a Warlock is a good bet because we see them in the cinematics. The Warlock's "personal buff on kill" feature also fits well into an MMO. Expect lots of fire spells.
  • aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The warlock that WILL be released will be a Scourge Warlock with an emphasis on the Infernal Pact and the Paragon that will DEFINITELY release with it will be Hellbringer. I have my sources >.>
  • ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    You will be glad to know that you are wrong. The Hexblade was introduced into 4E with the Essentials series and they are indeed a Warlock build.

Oh, well then... this is awesome. Im sure we wont see it before a year er so of development, but yes I hope to see it.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

My pixie hexblade scourge weapon agrees in PnP.

As to the OP, a Warlock is a good bet because we see them in the cinematics. The Warlock's "personal buff on kill" feature also fits well into an MMO. Expect lots of fire spells.
    The warlock that WILL be released will be a Scourge Warlock with an emphasis on the Infernal Pact and the Paragon that will DEFINITELY release with it will be Hellbringer. I have my sources >.>

I can neither confirm nor deny this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • picardcrusherpicardcrusher Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ragnarlawl wrote: »
    Probably! Warlocks were introduced in an earlier book, but the Dark Pact Warlock came out in the FR Sourcebook.

Also swordmages. Mmm. Im kind of surprised that one didnt make it. Assault Swordmages are very flashy with all the telelportation.

I'll second the Swordmage. Teleporting around with a blade in each hand is my idea of fun... as for race, not all of us like the dark side. Some of us actually want to play heros in our heroic fantasy. Aisimar all the way.

Nerfing is Fraud...
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll second the Swordmage. Teleporting around with a blade in each hand is my idea of fun... as for race, not all of us like the dark side. Some of us actually want to play heros in our heroic fantasy. Aisimar all the way.

So, interesting facts:

* Swordmages do not use two weapons. They specifically need one hand free so they can cast spells with it. I played a Swordmage for about 5 levels and they are tons of fun.
    * In 4E, the Aasimar (I spelled it wrong) got renamed Deva, probably because people were calling them "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-imars" and that's just not something you want to happen. I'm not saying Deva is any better, but that's what we got.
  • vheeshanevheeshane Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am definitely down with the Warlock, loved it in NWN2, never had the opportunity to play it in PnP, but I am diggin they intend to release it in game.
  • stossr2stossr2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope at least the Infernal is in by launch as I want to play a Tiefling Infernal 'lock
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to have a Deva Swordmage. :)

We know the warlock under development is most likely the scourge. Although they found archer files in beta and the devs have stated that the first ranger will be dual wield, so they may tricks us and give us a different warlock. Tricksy tricksy devs.
  • deathreaper4udeathreaper4u Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    agreed.. and I would like to see some cool rarer races and classes that enhance each other and really make the game unique fun
    if u add a new class, u generally have to augment that new class with a new race that compliments that new class as the players handbook 1-2-3 and all the character additions do in DD4
    also when I add a new race and new class it doubles the possibilities and fun :)

examples taken from players handbook 1-2-3 v4 are

SHIFTER / RAZORCLAW race- good for druid\ranger

ORC\HALF ORC - good for BARBARIAN ,WARDEN ,FIGHTER, possible shaman

GOLLIATH - BARBARIAN ,WARDEN ,FIGHTER

DRAGONBORN

DIVA --WIZARD CLERIC types
    GNOME--- bard sorcerer wizard,warlock

GITHZERAI- monk, ranger, seeker classes
    MINOTAUR-- BARBARIAN, FIGHTER WARDEN

SHARDMIND- WIZARD, WARLOCK, INVOKER

WILDEN- Shaman, invoker, Druid
    COME WITH ME !
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

Well this is pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for my Tiefling. Here's hoping a Pact Blade ends up being their weapon of choice.
  • xilix69xilix69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, interesting facts:
    * In 4E, the Aasimar (I spelled it wrong) got renamed Deva, probably because people were calling them "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-imars" and that's just not something you want to happen. I'm not saying Deva is any better, but that's what we got.

Well considering they were originaly called Deva in the previous (read: Better) versions of AD&D, I'm happy to see them properly named once again.
    I have walked through the Valley of Death and emerged the Shadow of Evil
    The Gene Pool needs chlorine
  • paddymaxsonpaddymaxson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 87
    edited February 2013
    The first one (If the rumours of datamining are to be believed) is "Scourge" so probably "Infernal" I suppose.

edit: also Archer ranger and Half Orcs.
  • psalmodypsalmody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would a warlock class necessarily be charisma based, or would there be an option to make it constitution based? Any ideas?
    "Yet He does not, therefore, know all His creatures, both spiritual and corporeal, because they are, but they, therefore, are because He knows them" Saint Augustine De Trinitate XV 13
    edited February 2013
    The warlock build everyone has found in the game files is, in fact, Con based in its tabletop version.
  • psalmodypsalmody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A constitution based caster would be a good contribution to mmorpg's. The interest I've read in posts over having tiefling warlocks made me wonder.
    "Yet He does not, therefore, know all His creatures, both spiritual and corporeal, because they are, but they, therefore, are because He knows them" Saint Augustine De Trinitate XV 13
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Yeah there con based with...charisma as their secondary.
  • brin515brin515 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ya a warlock class would be AMAZING !
  • highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    My Tiefling will not be a warlock. You would think they had learned their lesson about making deals with other worldly beings.
  • devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm down with the Warlock class!

But are you down with the sickness?
  • ratallusratallus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Infernal, likely. I look forward to it.