test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dying to know the official launch date!!!!

bigglefroo6bigglefroo6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is literally the only thing left before I get tipped over the edge with excitment for this game...maybe I shouldn't know >.<
Post edited by bigglefroo6 on

Comments

• belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    No announcement yet. Only specculative dates unfortunatey.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Soon™
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    If I was to put money on it I would go with April 23rd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    first week of April open beta and full game in June
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    SPECULATIONS!

I'm going to say 9th July.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • kusigkusig Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My prediction is June 7th!
  • firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dunno, but when that news item on the main page hit that reads "Enter Mount Hotenow in Neverwinter" I thought it said "Enter Mount Hotenow in NOVEMBER" and had a moment of serious sadface.

But I think it will be sooner than that, fortunately.
  • wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The reason companies don’t like to announce dates is they are not positive they can make them. If a show stopper bug surfaces before launch that would delay the release, the user base goes into a huge QQ session.
  • wergonsmithwergonsmith Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am hoping for an early April release. Please don’t make me QQ. ;)
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    Something is dreadfully wrong with the forums; when I edited this post, it deleted text that was CLEARLY visible in both the editor and in a preview.

Twice.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Release will be announced for April 1st; there will be much rejoicing.

April 1st, game will be pushed back to undisclosed date...Devs get some LOLz

Some people just wanna watch the world burn...
  • jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's in beta. A week after the last beta weekend, there will be a two-week open beta. A week after that, the game will launch.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is much that people want to know

for example
    1 Will it be possible to form a party/group of NPC's to back you up (like STO's bridge officers) instead of working with "real" people

2 What are the Actual facts of the classes

3 can we have a list of the weapon options (universally)

4 when does it launch

but like most of these things they would rather not reveal ANY hard facts
    Live long and Prosper
  • neppanaattorineppanaattori Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Better to have no date, then have a date and miss that deadline. I've seen such things happen on other unmentioned games and the hail of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that ensued was a lot of nasty reading on the forums.
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Better to have no date, then have a date and miss that deadline.

Yes indeed.

Which is why you won't hear a release date until after closed beta.

If I had to guess, I'd say they were aiming for Memorial Day weekend, or first week of June.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dying to know the official launch date!!!!
    :mad:
    Oh, fine! Not only does this game have no death penalty, but now you actually want death to grant you an advantage in the form of special knowledge!?!?!?!?

:p
  • trinchitrinchi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My guess its actually in spring...but this year spring starts on March 20th sooo after the last week beta it should be around April or late April...
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    It's in beta. A week after the last beta weekend, there will be a two-week open beta. A week after that, the game will launch.

What about the 2 weeks full closed beta???? they still got a lot of keys to implement in the beta and not sure they will all get in during the beta weekends, meaning either more beta weekends on a few weeks closed beta before open beta
  • ehrlichehrlich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish for $200 we'd get more than a few weekends =(
    "Each minor problem like a grain of sand, each day I inherit the desert." ~ Lacroix
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kormai wrote: »
    What about the 2 weeks full closed beta???? they still got a lot of keys to implement in the beta and not sure they will all get in during the beta weekends, meaning either more beta weekends on a few weeks closed beta before open beta

I also think they'll be more closed beta. :)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I don't want a 2 weeks of closed beta before launch since all the chars in closed beta are going poof before the launch. It would be a bad thing indeed for the game to do that.

Instead, if you are going to have general access to the game, release it early with knowledge that there are still things being worked on etc, but that all characters and items obtained in the game will be kept. That allows you to have those who have head starts to get in even earlier etc (All with the same knowledge that there may be bugs and changes in the future as well.

To many open betas ruin a game for a large portion of players since they play far into it, and then they don't have the patience/drive to replay what they already have done.

Even the 3 weekends is enough to possibly loose some players because of that (even with a cap of 30 in them).

I have seen so many betas in other games where players/posters start off all happy and excited by the game, but by the end of the beta they are burnt out and don't like it anymore (and often negative on the forums as well).

It's a free to play game, so I suggest launching the game initially even if the top end isn't done yet, just letting players keep there chars and items and play through the first 30 levels only etc (that seems to be pretty flushed out). That would keep NWO in peoples thoughts etc, and also give more time for finishing up whatever is still being worked on.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When it's done :P my guess some time late spring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    I am hoping for an early April release. Please don’t make me QQ. ;)

Me too, say.. April 7th.. that would be the perfect birthday gift. :D

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

• firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    itsneo wrote: »
    Me too, say.. April 7th.. that would be the perfect birthday gift. :D

That's my birthday too! I concur with this suggestion.
  • jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kormai wrote: »

Considering there will be a month between the last beta and the next, there's no need for more beta weekends. My prediction is based on Cryptic's beta processes with CO and STO.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    klaw10 wrote: »

Soon™

or "when it's ready"
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Considering there will be a month between the last beta and the next, there's no need for more beta weekends. My prediction is based on Cryptic's beta processes with CO and STO.

I look at it this way, we have a month between this beta and the next (March 8), then only 20 days or so till the one after that (March 28th I think), so it's speeding up....and no future betas have been planned yet.

That leads me to think that it's quite possible the March 28th beta is the last one, and launch will be set for sometime in April (with Heroes getting in 5 days earlier).

I don't think it will be RIGHT after the last beta though (at least 2 weeks) so say a minimum of April 20th (15th for Heroes).

My guesstimate based on all that is launch date will be between April 20th and 30th.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wouldn't hold your breath for an April release. Just because they have not announced any further beta events does not mean they are not going to happen. Not to mention having a 24/7 beta running for more than a weekend or an open beta. They have tons of content to test and they cannot get a reliable amount of bug reports only allowing for 6 days of testing over 2 months with level caps.

If we could test all the content in 6 days this game will fail miserably as a long term MMO.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I predict May or June for actual "release". I see open beta before that though.